Stephen McGinn. Does he understand?

After the clusterf**k that surrounded The board thinking Alan Stubbs was 'The Guy', and his subsequent poor signings, pr and results. S Mcginn went to the media to bemoan that the cause of our poor form wasnt the championship winning guys, but was all the newbies who hadn't played as much football (forgetting though both championship& newbies had the same pre season).

he was joined by Eckersley and Smith in going to the media, and all it did was put more emphasis on how short of Premiership quality our promotion winning side were. You would have thought he would have learned from the backlash, but today in this article he now attributes our poor form till recently as being the fault of any team mate whose first language isnt English!

I bet his worldwide list of teammates are just luvin being fingered for all our ailments.

Should he be coming out to the media at this crucial time in our survival fight to suggest its Johnny Foreigner's fault we are, where we are?

I for one think its our overseas players who have Brought our quality, performances and a few results up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47967532

Edited by Lord Pityme

Um that's not how I would have interpreted the article, just that language barriers added an extra level to the problem of bedding in such a large turnover.

Manager Oran Kearney added 12 players, eight different nationalities, in the January window. 

And McGinn admits it's been a steep learning curve as the club fight for Scottish Premiership survival.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47967532

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Um that's not how I would have interpreted the article, just that language barriers added an extra level to the problem of bedding in such a large turnover.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47967532

So how do you square this quote, which would give equality organisations a field day!

"Of course it was difficult to gel. Some of them can't speak English," McGinn added. "In the cup game with Alloa for about 30 minutes we were all over the place. Information from behind, the side, wasn't clear.

Edited by Lord Pityme

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

After the clusterf**k that surrounded The board thinking Alan Stubbs was 'The Guy', and his subsequent poor signings, pr and results. S Mcginn went to the media to bemoan that the cause of our poor form wasnt the championship winning guys, but was all the newbies who hadn't played as much football (forgetting though both championship& newbies had the same pre season).

he was joined by Eckersley and Smith in going to the media, and all it did was put more emphasis on how short of Premiership quality our promotion winning side were. You would have thought he would have learned from the backlash, but today in this article he now attributes our poor form till recently as being the fault of any team mate whose first language isnt English!

I bet his worldwide list of teammates are just luvin being fingered for all our ailments.

Should he be coming out to the media at this crucial time in our survival fight to suggest its Johnny Foreigner's fault we are, where we are?

I for one think its our overseas players who have Brought our quality, performances and a few results up!

Sorry, but I'm reading it differently.   He was referring to the players taking time to gel with language barrier.  

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So how do you square this quote, which would give equality organisations a field day!

"Of course it was difficult to gel. Some of them can't speak English," McGinn added. "In the cup game with Alloa for about 30 minutes we were all over the place. Information from behind, the side, wasn't clear.

The truth - the problem was what happened before January, 

"We were thrown together and it has taken time," McGinn told BBC Scotland Sportsound.

I don't see any problems with the article.............

Edited by Bud the Baker

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It isn't any longer.  

1 minute ago, pod said:

Sorry, but I'm reading it differently.   He was referring to the players taking time to gel with language barrier.  

I know that is what he is suggesting, but he then intimates it was everyone whose first language isnt english fault. Especially anyone playing behind him. I think most seasoned supporters would concede Stephen's form this season has been a shadow of the previous two campaigns. Does he share that responsibility, especially as captain in this piece?

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I know that is what he is suggesting, but he then intimates it was everyone whose first language isnt english fault. Especially anyone playing behind him. I think most seasoned supporters would concede Stephen's form this season has been a shadow of the previous two campaigns. Does he share that responsibility, especially as captain in this piece?

You've obviously inferred it, erroniously IMO but he didn't imply it.

Ffs cant anyone at the club coach players, managers, officials in giving positive spins on difficult situations?

it would have been so easy for his quote to read "despite a near complete overhaul of 12 new players, from many different nations and languages, we have seen a quick turnaround in achieving positive results at places like, Tynecastle, Pittodrie etc, etc.. we achieved that as a team"

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If Stubbs had brought in the right players, Stephen would probably have be able to recuperate properly from injuries sustained in early half of season. I would imagine. 

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

You've obviously inferred it, erroniously IMO but he didn't imply it.

Didnt imply it?

he said it..! " some of them cant speak English" 

is that a failing on their part. or a feckin cultural reality of signing people from various countries? 

You cant fault people because of their first language, especially if you sign them in that full knowledge.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Didnt imply it?

is that a failing on their part. or a feckin cultural reality of signing people from various countries? 

You cant fault people because of their first language, especially if you sign them in that full knowledge.

Read the rest, in context, the article in summary is 'we signed a lot of players, there were barriers to settle such as language but we are hitting form, good results and have settled well and the mood has changed'........ See blow.

"We have a centre-half who has now picked up the shouts and you can notice a heavy difference from when he first came in and was shouting in Romanian. They've started to pick up the game and different mentalities over here as opposed to steaming in and expecting to not give away a foul.

"Our turning point came when we went to Tynecastle and Pittodrie and had two good draws and could have won. The mood in the dressing room completely turned with those two results."

Edited by spankin_panda

24 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry to say this it's a new low from you L.P.. I'm not picking up what you are. You write about negativity I would say hold up your first post up to a mirror. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Didnt imply it?

Kamikaze thread, is this your attempt to become a Baz85 tribute act?

McGinn was telling the truth, merely saying there was a language barrier that took time to overcome - it seems apparent to everyone but you! :byebye

So from the pov expressed by posters so far, it was ok for McGinn to cite the fact, that, a number of our new players from different countries didnt speak english as the main reason we were poor, and nearly exited the cup to Alloa?

fair enough, i mean who could argue with that?

if for whatever reason it doesnt workout as we all hope in the next few games, i would be interested to hear the captain's view again on what may lie behind that? He's already  played the lack of 'game time' and 'nationality/language' cards, so it cant be them?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ffs cant anyone at the club coach players, managers, officials in giving positive spins on difficult situations?

I think someone is needing to coach you on giving positive spins full stop.

This article doesn't need "spun". It is perfectly obvious to anyone who doesn't have a negative agenda what Stephen was trying to say. Sorry, not trying, he managed to say it just fine.