Stephen McGinn. Does he understand?

7 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

Take this how you will, but I have been told that Oran can't wait till end of season as there is a bad negative influence in the dressing room that he is desperate to be rid of...

Not good going into the last 5 games of huge importance. On players interviews Buddie Vision atmosphere seems good with players looking forward to games. 

18 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

Take this how you will, but I have been told that Oran can't wait till end of season as there is a bad negative influence in the dressing room that he is desperate to be rid of...

Can't be McGinn 'cos his contract doesn't expire till 2020.

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/club-news/1826-stephen-mcginn-signs-contract-extension

46 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

TBH in the middle of a relegation dog fight, I personally don't want to hear stuff like this spread around.

Even if there is some truth to it.

Every club in the world will have at least one negative person the manager wants to get rid of.

As fans we shouldn't be actively spreading shit on our own patch.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So how do you square this quote, which would give equality organisations a field day!

"Of course it was difficult to gel. Some of them can't speak English," McGinn added. "In the cup game with Alloa for about 30 minutes we were all over the place. Information from behind, the side, wasn't clear.

Don't be so bloody stupid.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ffs cant anyone at the club coach players, managers, officials in giving positive spins on difficult situations?

it would have been so easy for his quote to read "despite a near complete overhaul of 12 new players, from many different nations and languages, we have seen a quick turnaround in achieving positive results at places like, Tynecastle, Pittodrie etc, etc.. we achieved that as a team"

He would have been lying if he had said that.

It has been a shitfest all season trying to get results.

What he SHOULD have said is "The results have come slowly but we are getting there now, having overcome a huge personnel turnover and massive language barriers."

Oh hang on......

After the clusterf**k that surrounded The board thinking Alan Stubbs was 'The Guy', and his subsequent poor signings, pr and results. S Mcginn went to the media to bemoan that the cause of our poor form wasnt the championship winning guys, but was all the newbies who hadn't played as much football (forgetting though both championship& newbies had the same pre season).

he was joined by Eckersley and Smith in going to the media,

Whatever happened to Eckersley and Smith?

Most on here (and the zoomers know who they are) went mental at the suggestion of Stubbs letting them go.

Yet, it appears that they were all wrong and Stubbs was right! [emoji1]

Imagine being a poster who got it wrong while Stubbs was right. How embarrassing would that be? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

FFS. Try listening to the Sportsound podcast. David Currie was asking both Kenny Miller and Stephen McGinn about the high turnover in January. Both players talked about it taking time for players to get used to their team mates and the way of playing. More so in St Mirren's case due to the number of foreign players and language problems. He also said the guys had now fitted in well; communication had improved and that we now had a formation everyone was comfortable with and was getting results. Kenny Millar was saying Dundee were not in that position.

But never miss a chance to have a go at everything St Mirren. Spin like Donald Trump.

3 hours ago, pod said:
4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

After the clusterf**k that surrounded The board thinking Alan Stubbs was 'The Guy', and his subsequent poor signings, pr and results. S Mcginn went to the media to bemoan that the cause of our poor form wasnt the championship winning guys, but was all the newbies who hadn't played as much football (forgetting though both championship& newbies had the same pre season).

he was joined by Eckersley and Smith in going to the media, and all it did was put more emphasis on how short of Premiership quality our promotion winning side were. You would have thought he would have learned from the backlash, but today in this article he now attributes our poor form till recently as being the fault of any team mate whose first language isnt English!

I bet his worldwide list of teammates are just luvin being fingered for all our ailments.

Should he be coming out to the media at this crucial time in our survival fight to suggest its Johnny Foreigner's fault we are, where we are?

I for one think its our overseas players who have Brought our quality, performances and a few results up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47967532

Sorry, but I'm reading it differently.   He was referring to the players taking time to gel with language barrier.  

Absolutely agree with Pod here; it is quite obviously 'that time of the month' for LPM, he can be sensible at times...................Honestly!    Just not VERY often.    :lol:

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

he was joined by Eckersley and Smith in going to the media, and all it did was put more emphasis on how short of Premiership quality our promotion winning side were. You would have thought he would have learned from the backlash, but today in this article he now attributes our poor form till recently as being the fault of any team mate whose first language isnt English!

I bet his worldwide list of teammates are just luvin being fingered for all our ailments.

Should he be coming out to the media at this crucial time in our survival fight to suggest its Johnny Foreigner's fault we are, where we are?

I for one think its our overseas players who have Brought our quality, performances and a few results up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47967532

HOW Gullible are you? (Rhetorical). It is not like a journalist to ever spin something is it?  ( A bit like yourself my friend :Stan )

AND it was always going to take time and be difficult early on when bringing in so many players, whether they had played in an English speaking country before or not, but even more so if they had not.

Did you think he was wrong to speak about the lack of quality that was evident in the Stubbs squad at the time????  :hammer

Add in other factors like his ongoing hernia issue, that you were in denial about previously and other issues with other players too - this is big business not 5 asides....

AND just because you are wrong again - It is the whole team on and off-field that get's the results - some players might add in more quality, but all weaknesses are exposed and all strengths add to the TEAM EFFORT and therefore results . . .   :bounce2

Luvin all the Faux Outraged Piers Morgan wannabes on here. Whits up, huv ye no got a wee lassie fae Syria gettin legal aid to foam at the mooth aboot the day?

Here's a question for you.
Given McGinn seems to be only talking about the difficulties he's experienced in the foreign players and the rest adapting, and not the rest of the team.
Is it solely the responsibility of the foreign players to adapt and "Gel"?
I mean since he's been well off form himself, shouldn't McGinn be doing his share of gelling?

Yet again - no answering of the questions put to you, nor any discussion of points raised - Because you don't have a leg to stand on (metaphorically) 

As always you have no real idea, but just love to stab folk in the back - it is so sad . . . :bah

Don't you feel that the world is against you a lot? :cartman

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ffs cant anyone at the club coach players, managers, officials in giving positive spins on difficult situations?

it would have been so easy for his quote to read "despite a near complete overhaul of 12 new players, from many different nations and languages, we have seen a quick turnaround in achieving positive results at places like, Tynecastle, Pittodrie etc, etc.. we achieved that as a team"

He's not a politician running to be Prime Minister. There's no need for him to give these bullsh*t media trained answers. 

It's an honest interview and I wouldn't expect him to be happy considering how bad the season has been. It's understandable that he's a bit downbeat.

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So how do you square this quote, which would give equality organisations a field day!

"Of course it was difficult to gel. Some of them can't speak English," McGinn added. "In the cup game with Alloa for about 30 minutes we were all over the place. Information from behind, the side, wasn't clear.

McGinn - ‘footballers that have never met and speak a bunch of different languages will have a challenging time when they first play together’ 

no s*it. He isn’t saying anything out of turn or anything people won’t know. You (as usual) are trying to make something derogatory related to SMFC that is not. 

Just now, LargsBud said:

He's not a politician running to be Prime Minister. There's no need for him to give these bullsh*t media trained answers. 

It's an honest interview and I wouldn't expect him to be happy considering how bad the season has been. It's understandable that he's a bit downbeat.

Yes it is understandable he's a bit downbeat, just like the rest of us. But this is twice now he has blamed 'others' who were either outsiders, or foreigners, or both for where we are. He's not, as far i can see putting his hands, (and the whole squad's hands up) and accepting the collective responsibility.

now quite a few on here seem to be fine with that, question is how many times can you say "it wisnae me, it wiz them"? Especially when your own form has been poor in periods.

30 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yes it is understandable he's a bit downbeat, just like the rest of us. But this is twice now he has blamed 'others' who were either outsiders, or foreigners, or both for where we are. He's not, as far i can see putting his hands, (and the whole squad's hands up) and accepting the collective responsibility.

now quite a few on here seem to be fine with that, question is how many times can you say "it wisnae me, it wiz them"? Especially when your own form has been poor in periods.

You caught a lot of fish today :lol: L.P. including me. 

1 hour ago, shetland said:

Is Sweeper (Uncle Colm)  the biggest bore in the Forum ? 

RHETORICAL 

No: personally methinks that honour falls to Shull, or wait a minute maybe it's GstretchUK or is it Wendy or ....................... one of those aliens; opp's aliases.   :P