Stephen McGinn. Does he understand?

8 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Didnt imply it?

he said it..! " some of them cant speak English" 

is that a failing on their part. or a feckin cultural reality of signing people from various countries? 

You cant fault people because of their first language, especially if you sign them in that full knowledge.

He said, "OF COURSE it was difficult. Some of them can't speak English".

Possibly in response to a question. Like, "Was it difficult to gel with so many new faces"?

Guest TPAFKATS

New players take time to gel together. If they can't speak the same language it'll take longer to gel and build up an understanding of teammates and their game.

Not sure why this should be a surprise to anyone.

Ffs cant anyone at the club coach players, managers, officials in giving positive spins on difficult situations?
it would have been so easy for his quote to read "despite a near complete overhaul of 12 new players, from many different nations and languages, we have seen a quick turnaround in achieving positive results at places like, Tynecastle, Pittodrie etc, etc.. we achieved that as a team"

Coming from Mr Positive himself !! [emoji6]

7 hours ago, Sonny said:

FFS. Try listening to the Sportsound podcast. David Currie was asking both Kenny Miller and Stephen McGinn about the high turnover in January. Both players talked about it taking time for players to get used to their team mates and the way of playing. More so in St Mirren's case due to the number of foreign players and language problems. He also said the guys had now fitted in well; communication had improved and that we now had a formation everyone was comfortable with and was getting results. Kenny Millar was saying Dundee were not in that position.

But never miss a chance to have a go at everything St Mirren. Spin like Donald Trump.

As Sonny mentions in his post Stephen McGinn was a guest on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme on Wednesday between 6:30pm - 7:30pm along with Kenny Miller and Gary Caldwell. The article on the website repeats a few comments made during the programme by el capitano.

In my opinion Kenny Miller was grasping at straws when asked on what basis Dundee would avoid relegation, "we're due to a change a luck, need a break or two, take our chances, stop conceding, blah blah blah", nothing that would inspire Dundee fans. When asked the same question Stephen McGinn's response was that we're currently in the best place we've been all season with positive results recently at Tynecastle and Pittodrie, positive mentality in the dressing room, injuries clearing up, new recruits settling in then talked about some of the difficulties such as the language barrier which have been covered in this topic. Nothing to be alarmed about at all.

Gary Caldwell repeated his statement about the league table being irrelevant at this point, Partick Thistle currently being tenth of 10, under after the final game of the season when everyone could then judge their club's season which caused me to laugh out loud at him for the second time in five days.

11 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So from the pov expressed by posters so far, it was ok for McGinn to cite the fact, that, a number of our new players from different countries didnt speak english as the main reason we were poor, and nearly exited the cup to Alloa?

fair enough, i mean who could argue with that?

if for whatever reason it doesnt workout as we all hope in the next few games, i would be interested to hear the captain's view again on what may lie behind that? He's already  played the lack of 'game time' and 'nationality/language' cards, so it cant be them?

Not looking forward to your view if it doesn't. :(

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I wonder how many times your going to crack the Uncle Colm “joke” with no one finding it funny before you realise that you are in fact closer to Uncle Colm than anyone else. 

The answer is loads - he thinks he is funny. I do too - meaning peculiar. I do not even know who he is speaking about - I don't watch that programme - so  his attempt at humour/abuse is empty . . .

He is the one who is CRACKED and broken into many sad aliases grasping for something - but hatred keeps spewing out - bitterness pays the poorest wages - some day he will look back and ask what have I done with my 1 life?  :toilet

Not long before DIV finds his new aliases out and send them to the Bin - a place where they give likes to his other aliases . . . Then it will be my fault or Oaky's or DJ's or someone else he hates or all of us . . .  never mind if he hates me, it should keep him busy from spending all his valuable time attacking others . . . :bounce2

10 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

Take this how you will, but I have been told that Oran can't wait till end of season as there is a bad negative influence in the dressing room that he is desperate to be rid of...

Take this how you will, but I have been told you're spreading vicious (also untrue) rumours at the most important stage of the season for the club you support on a public forum, for what reason i'm not entirely sure. 

31 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

The answer is loads - he thinks he is funny. I do too - meaning peculiar. I do not even know who he is speaking about - I don't watch that programme - so  his attempt at humour/abuse is empty . . .

He is the one who is CRACKED and broken into many sad aliases grasping for something - but hatred keeps spewing out - bitterness pays the poorest wages - some day he will look back and ask what have I done with my 1 life?  :toilet

Not long before DIV finds his new aliases out and send them to the Bin - a place where they give likes to his other aliases . . . Then it will be my fault or Oaky's or DJ's or someone else he hates or all of us . . .  never mind if he hates me, it should keep him busy from spending all his valuable time attacking others . . . :bounce2

I do watch the programme. Didn’t think it would be my cup of tea. But it’s actually (IMHO) very funny.

Uncle Colm is indeed a boring c**t. Just like Shull.......erm I mean Shetland. 

Nothing wrong with what he says other than bemoaning the fact that we should be playing more free flowing football. 

I'd take Stevie to task with that as a lot of the time, it's he himself who is actually preventing fast moving football. He likes to take the ball, look up and weigh his options up, which is fine but don't go moaning about not playing with enough fluidity when you yourself are the main culprit in slowing play down. 

Also, that turn back inside himself that he does with the ball at his feet to try and give himself a yard or two gives me the fear. Every. Single. Time. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Nothing wrong with what he says other than bemoaning the fact that we should be playing more free flowing football. 

I'd take Stevie to task with that as a lot of the time, it's he himself who is actually preventing fast moving football. He likes to take the ball, look up and weigh his options up, which is fine but don't go moaning about not playing with enough fluidity when you yourself are the main culprit in slowing play down. 

Also, that turn back inside himself that he does with the ball at his feet to try and give himself a yard or two gives me the fear. Every. Single. Time. 

I think now every midfielder in the country is waiting for the 'McGinster' turn. If he'd taught his wee brother it though, then mibbaes he widnae have got his leg speared so easily. I mean Thommo had really slowed down by then.

On 4/18/2019 at 1:02 PM, Vambo57 said:

Take this how you will, but I have been told that Oran can't wait till end of season as there is a bad negative influence in the dressing room that he is desperate to be rid of...

Aye. LPM.

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Saddened to have noticed - and read - this abomination of a thread. Honestly, the OP is a complete sweetie wife - never happier than when he's looking for non-existent shit to stir...

Saddened that you were so abominated that you had to contribute to this thread. Honestly some people scream look at me!