Saints vs Fakes

Great strike from Mullen.

McAllister looked dangerous in patches, but then goes in with that half-hearted challenge at the St Johnstone goal. Very frustrating player, and possibly not one that can start away to Motherwell.

Dreyer was good I thought, linking up play and coming deep for the ball.

I just didn't think we created enough today. Too often the final ball was poor, and we were let down with that by many of our "better" players.

Still all to play for but I wouldn't be putting money on us taking anything from Motherwell next week based on what we produced going forwards today.

Accies will be reeling from this - they should have been 4pts clear now. Throwing a two goal lead could well be the moment that defines their season. Meanwhile we’ve managed a last minute equaliser, stayed close to Accies and have made sure Dundee cannot afford to lose again.

Still fighting!

We need to start with a back four next week and have Jackson and Magennis on from the start.

We’ve looked better every time we’ve gone two up. Mullen is simply too isolated otherwise.

Despite Accies late goal that felt like a big point today.

If we beat Accies and Dundee we will avoid play off IMO as that would mean Accies would need to win their other two games (away at Dundee and home to St Johnstone on the last day) as a result of the goal difference.

I think that’s doable for this team.

1 minute ago, DLBud said:

We need to start with a back four next week and have Jackson and Magennis on from the start.

We’ve looked better every time we’ve gone two up. Mullen is simply too isolated otherwise.

Despite Accies late goal that felt like a big point today.

If we beat Accies and Dundee we will avoid play off IMO as that would mean Accies would need to win their other two games (away at Dundee and home to St Johnstone on the last day) as a result of the goal difference.

I think that’s doable for this team.

I'm pretty sure Accies will win both those games though. We need to get something next week, and as you say we will need to show a lot more attacking intent (and ability) to do that.

12 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Great strike from Mullen.

McAllister looked dangerous in patches, but then goes in with that half-hearted challenge at the St Johnstone goal. Very frustrating player, and possibly not one that can start away to Motherwell.

Dreyer was good I thought, linking up play and coming deep for the ball.

I just didn't think we created enough today. Too often the final ball was poor, and we were let down with that by many of our "better" players.

Still all to play for but I wouldn't be putting money on us taking anything from Motherwell next week based on what we produced going forwards today.

Next week is the only game I predicted we’d get nothing from. If I’m right we need to hope Accies get no more than a draw.

8 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Accies will be reeling from this - they should have been 4pts clear now. Throwing a two goal lead could well be the moment that defines their season. Meanwhile we’ve managed a last minute equaliser, stayed close to Accies and have made sure Dundee cannot afford to lose again.

Still fighting!

Hmmm. I’m not so sure. Had they lost they’d have been devastated. I think getting the late equalizer will have been a lift It’ll still sting a bit that they threw away the lead, but I don’t think they’ll be massively upset.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

I'm pretty sure Accies will win both those games though. We need to get something next week, and as you say we will need to show a lot more attacking intent (and ability) to do that.

They won’t beat Dundee next week. That’s a banker draw.

You think Accies will beat Dundee at Dens Park. Mmmm. Not sure about that one.

15 minutes ago, elvis said:
21 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You think Accies will beat Dundee at Dens Park. Mmmm. Not sure about that one.

Agreed.

We looked scared in the first half. I don't think the plan was to play with the wing backs so far back as Stephen McGinn was giving the back row pelters for playing so deep. However the Jonnies best player is Kennedy so he really kept Paul McGinn from his usual bombing forward.

Overall the defence looked good. Muzek gave us more on the left. However the midfield had its poorest game in weeks. And we really need to play Jackson and Mullen up front next week. In the last two games Lyons started behind Mullen and although he gets into good position he is allergic to shooting. Still confident though. The Accies last two games are the Jonnies  at Home and us Away - difficult games for them. It's in our own hands.

Certainly matched St.J today.

Neither 'keeper really overworked.

St.J's goal came from a mistake, and ours from yet another magnificent strike from Mullen.

He must be getting tired of getting it right up his dim witted critics.:)

Next week is going to be another huge game.

We will not win if we continue with McGinn and Lyons in middle of the park, McGinn is finished and Lyons is a dreadful footballer....worst two players on park today..

Not sure why you continually berate McGinn? Since the beginning of March we’ve played 8 games. If you take the Celtic game out of the equation then our only two defeats came against Killie and St Johnstone. Both 1-0 defeats and both games without McGinn in the line up.

McGinn want even close to being the worst of the park today.

4 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Not sure why you continually berate McGinn? Since the beginning of March we’ve played 8 games. If you take the Celtic game out of the equation then our only two defeats came against Killie and St Johnstone. Both 1-0 defeats and both games without McGinn in the line up.

McGinn want even close to being the worst of the park today.

McGinn was so of the pace of game he was invisible. He is to slow, takes far to long on the ball, i thought he was dreadful. If it wasn't for his past exploits the fans would bd slating him...

Edited by gstretchuk

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

Mcallister has looked like he can’t be arsed since he’s came on should have done better against foster there

He can't be arsed. Does the odd flashy thing every 3 games then hides the rest of the time. He's constantly at fault for not tracking back and losing possession, half arsing tackles etc. Should be benched for the next massive 3 games