Saints vs Fakes

5 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Not sure why you continually berate McGinn? Since the beginning of March we’ve played 8 games. If you take the Celtic game out of the equation then our only two defeats came against Killie and St Johnstone. Both 1-0 defeats and both games without McGinn in the line up.

McGinn want even close to being the worst of the park today.

It's an odd obsession some have with our captain. That's every manager that's been at the club with him made sure they play him every week as soon as he's even close to fit. He's an important part of our team and some just need to accept it.

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He must be getting tired of getting it right up his dim witted critics.:)

I’ve never been a big fan of Mullen but his form since returning from injury has been excellent. He’s now our joint top scorer with Jackson (okay, that’s only six goals) but he’s clearly having an impact. The goal against Livi was an excellent strike, and it sounds like today’s goal was a belter. Quite happy for Danny to be proving me wrong!

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

I'm pretty sure Accies will win both those games though. We need to get something next week, and as you say we will need to show a lot more attacking intent (and ability) to do that.

All the pressure on Accies v Fakes and I think fakes will take something if they play as they did today.

Edited by nedflanders123

On the game as a whole:

A draw probably fairest end result. Think OK realised for 2nd week in a row 3 CBs was unnecessary. Flynn and Mullen have proved they are Premiership players in recent months. Mullen got kicked up and down the park today and then pops up with that sublime piece of skill - useful little niggly player to have on your team. Magennis is going to be crucial next year if we can keep him fit, he glides around nowadays evading tackles for fun, effortless.

Hopefully that was a big morale booster to the players, Dundee look humped, unfortunately Accies will have taken hope from their game. Onto next week, make or break...

Edited by W6Saint

41 minutes ago, elvis said:

Don't think we will get another point.

You really have never said anything positive about our team in all the time I have been on this forum and there was me thinking that a fan supports his/her team through thick and thin. Being a St Mirren fan means we have limited success and thus more disappointment than success.  Maybe just once in a while you will come back and respond to your tiring negative comments  by saying something positive and/or admitting you got it wrong.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Accies will be reeling from this - they should have been 4pts clear now. Throwing a two goal lead could well be the moment that defines their season. Meanwhile we’ve managed a last minute equaliser, stayed close to Accies and have made sure Dundee cannot afford to lose again.

Still fighting!

Dee cannot afford NOT to win ALL of their remaining games... even one draw and it is goodnight almost certainly...and we are not going to lose all 3 games... :magic

34 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’ve never been a big fan of Mullen but his form since returning from injury has been excellent. He’s now our joint top scorer with Jackson (okay, that’s only six goals) but he’s clearly having an impact. The goal against Livi was an excellent strike, and it sounds like today’s goal was a belter. Quite happy for Danny to be proving me wrong!

Think Mullen only has 5 Jackson has 6 . . . 

Overall another good day at the office.

We played in fits and starts but when we were working we looked a decent outfit - we were well worth our point

Another game closer to the end and safety still in our own hands.

Dundee will need to go for it against Hamilton next week and as long as they stop them winning I reckon we have a great shout of 10th no matter the outcome of the Motherwell game (easily our hardest fixture of the post-split)

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

A point against the Fakes is not a bad point - they are the best of the bottom 6.

We lost nothing on Hamilton and gained on Dee who continue their losing streak - mathematically they will throw everything at Hamilton next week - but they are gone. Still hope they win next week though.

We get Well with 1 of their players suspended.

We started too cautious - 5 defenders. We should have attacked from earlier on. We looked far more dangerous with Jackson, McAllister and Magennis on the park.

Having said that Dreyer was decent on spells and hit the post - MacKenzie was very good today... but we had really decent chances we should have taken - Muzek for one...

Great goal again from Mullen... keeps this up and he will soon be our top scorer...  

Well done - next week also tough - need to keep Turnbull quiet for sure . . . :bounce2

In fairness on the Muzek chance, he couldn't have hit it much better and it was a fantastic reaction save.

1 minute ago, Smithers Jones said:

In fairness on the Muzek chance, he couldn't have hit it much better and it was a fantastic reaction save.

He hit it hard, but too near the keeper and at a good height for the keeper. But he is not a striker with a killer instinct for goal - so let's not be too harsh on him. He just looks like a really solid LB, strong and doesn't waste much, occasionally he makes a mistake. I hope we re-sign him for next season...

Guest TPAFKATS
He hit it hard, but too near the keeper and at a good height for the keeper. But he is not a striker with a killer instinct for goal - so let's not be too harsh on him. He just looks like a really solid LB, strong and doesn't waste much, occasionally he makes a mistake. I hope we re-sign him for next season...
I don't think he could've hit it better. A very powerful shot that was on target. If he'd passed it with less power, he may well have had more chance of scoring.
It was a great save but also a lucky save. He threw a strong arm out in reaction to the general direction of the shot. Fortunately for them he deflected the ball for a corner.

Guest TPAFKATS

Thoughts from today's game-

A game ruined by the utter ineptitude of the referee.
A first half played by two teams happy not to be losing.
A second half affected by tactical and formation changes by both sides.
Overall we didn't deserve to lose, certainly not to be mugged again by fakes.
Danny further enhancing his reputation as best striker at the club with a magnificent strike that will long linger in slow motion in my memories.
What a shite side St. Johnstone are to watch - imagine supporting them.

I reckon we were the better team overall , with more shots on target and more corners for , also . The hammer throwers did what they do well , breaking up play and kicking certain players up and down the park .

Their goal simply came from Gary and Stephen being out of position due to a corner at their end , it happens. .

Thougth all our players put a shift in but special mention to Ryan Flynn , big Gary and wee Mullen for another wonder strike from just outside the box.  .

27 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Thoughts from today's game-

A game ruined by the utter ineptitude of the referee.
A first half played by two teams happy not to be losing.
A second half affected by tactical and formation changes by both sides.
Overall we didn't deserve to lose, certainly not to be mugged again by fakes.
Danny further enhancing his reputation as best striker at the club with a magnificent strike that will long linger in slow motion in my memories.
What a shite side St. Johnstone are to watch - imagine supporting them.

Too bad it was the St Johnstone fans that got the best view of his strike.

:D

Guest TPAFKATS
Too bad it was the St Johnstone fans that got the best view of his strike.
[emoji3]
Och, my view from the other half of main stand was decent enough.

Hope the memory lives long with the saintees as well.