Saints vs Fakes

I remember hearing Craig Brown on off the ball after the last world cup.

He discussed how he enjoyed reviewing statistics and that how they would affect how we would see teams play over the next season.

Corners were one of the things he highlighted and how seldomly teams scored from them. He pointed out that a team was unlikely to score but very likely to give possession to the opposition.

Obviously we did this on Saturday.

I think we were spoilt having Mallan who was able to pinpoint Gary Mackenzie a couple of years ago but all in we need to be more imaginative when it comes to set pieces.

Also when was the last goal from a free kick?
Adam Hamill scored directly from a free kick. It was a cross that evaded everyone.

1 hour ago, nedflanders123 said:

Important games bring out more fans. You may as well ask why 25,000 fans turned up to watch us win the Scottish Cup in 87? Or more recently a full house when we were fighting relegation in our last stint in the top league? If it comes down to this game I wager we would bring around 4-5 thousand to Dens Park.

We will get the same allocation as everyone else at Dens the one stand behind the goals. I believe they don't sell their soul to the OF like we do so there will be 2000 tops !

If we don't win on Saturday the Dundee game will be huge any other result than a win gives us no chance of it being settled before Dens

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We will get the same allocation as everyone else at Dens the one stand behind the goals. I believe they don't sell their soul to the OF like we do so there will be 2000 tops !

If we don't win on Saturday the Dundee game will be huge any other result than a win gives us no chance of it being settled before Dens

What you are not accounting for is that if they are guaranteed 12th by then, which they will be, that their support will not turn out in great numbers. So they will have plenty Saints fans paying to get into their sections - if they don't allow space for this . . .:magic

Will be far more that 2k Saint Fans for sure . . . 

18 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Jack was playing fine.  No doubt all 3 can play well at this level. SO last time out MacK gave way this time it was Jack, perhaps next time it might be Popescu.

To be honest all 3 have different attributed. All positive and the margins of where one is better than the other are finite - but OK is I think trying to keep all 3 happy. If he manages it - they might be our 3 best CB for next season too. I for one would not complain about that -so long as MacK is fitter for more of the season..,

Anyone that sees Jack as the worst of the 3 is plain and simply daft.... I would be comfortable with any 2 from 3 when they are playing their best stuff.... :spud7

I actually preferred Baird Popescu and Muzic as the three centre backs, though they complemented each other and were solid.  Particularly when dealing with Hearts at Tynecastle

1 minute ago, elvis said:
6 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:
Does this mean that you think we will win loads more than another point?  9 more still possible.  I think we will win 5 or 6 more... :spud7

No chance.

You never answered my post on Saturday where everything you quoted was wrong . . .

Are you trying to set some record of most consecutive claims that prove to be daft (and wrong) ?  :ninja