Sign in to follow this  
shetland

Love Street Turnstiles

What happened to them ? Were they all sold off, maybe the older ones dumped ? 

I know Morton got bits of the Stadium and Accrington Stanley got a pile of seats. 

I would be interested to know who got the Turnstiles. 

19 minutes ago, shetland said:

I know Morton got bits of the Stadium and Accrington Stanley got a pile of seats. 

Have you tried asking shull if he knows ?

I got 2 of the little shelf things where you passed money over with the manufacturers name etc on it. I have one and my dad has the other. Should have a picture somewhere of them

Not sure anyone turned up on the day with the tools required to move. Wouldn't be surprised if were still there when bulldozers moved in.

39 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

I have my seat from the old main stand.

Now, if I could get a turnstile too, then I could go through it before I sit on my seat.

Free entry to said seat?

If I recall correctly, the LAST game at SMP / Love Street wasn't always going to be the LAST one!

Think we had a cup-tie to play (Away to Brechin I think!)

In the event of a replay required, cup rules suggested that despite having already played our first league match at the Feegiedome / Greenhill Rd / SMP2 - We would be required to play said replay at the old grunn!!

(Never happened thankfully!) 

8 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I heard he is small enough to go underneath them :lol:

Shull is correct. 

You are a obsessed stalker and worryingly creepy. 

Can you not get through the day without salivating about him ? 

You come across as a thick weirdo. 

10 hours ago, thepaisleypanda said:

If I recall correctly, the LAST game at SMP / Love Street wasn't always going to be the LAST one!

Think we had a cup-tie to play (Away to Brechin I think!)

In the event of a replay required, cup rules suggested that despite having already played our first league match at the Feegiedome / Greenhill Rd / SMP2 - We would be required to play said replay at the old grunn!!

(Never happened thankfully!) 

Really strange but over the years I have regular dreams (literally) that I am back at Love street watching saints. It must just a place built into my subconscious.  

In truth, although it was old and looking a bit grubby, it was a place of lots of great memories for me, just me and my dad every saturday. Walking up that hill into the northbank, the pitch appearing as you ascend, pitch was always top class and it just felt like a proper football arena. Bloody miss it in truth. Had a cracking seat right in the middle of the stand and a cracking view too.

I said on twitter recently that love streets like a first love or an ex, that may not have been the best looking but you had great times, amazing memories and you miss and long for that over the current better looking burd with whom you have less emotional ties :(

I like our wee stadium as is, however, I grew up going to love street and still love and miss that place. On the plus side I now take my own daughter to the games and though only 4, she is getting into it and I hope she has the same feelings towards saints and ties I did when a kid. When we fill the corners of the current stadium I will be much happier :thumbs2

Sentimental stuff out the way, lets hammer the fakes tomorrow COYS

Edited by spankin_panda

2 minutes ago, shetland said:

Now, does anybody have news about the Turnstiles or anything else sold on from our old Stadium ? 

On my wedding day as a wee joke, my wife and I (she was a season ticket holder at the time too) got a few bricks from the stadium as a gift, still have them :)

On 4/25/2019 at 1:59 PM, shetland said:

I think Threave Rovers also received some seats from us.

No idea about the turnstiles though.