Morton's Fan Ownership Saga Begins...

Bud the Baker

For £400k they can own their own 15% of their own smelly dump. - absolute rip-off & looks like the owners aren't really honouring their earleir promise to write off the debt..:spud2

£10p.m. over 2 years - that'd be 1667 fans which would be greater than their average home support this season. IIRC SMiSA got less than 1400 at it's peak which is probably just under half of what our home support was in the Championship the season SMiSA bought the club - 2015/16 Avg. Home Attendence 3549. :jerrry

OK I know I was comparing apples & oranges above but with with an average total attendance of 1925 this season you'd imagine the maximum signup would be 750ish if there was a similar proportion taking up the offer - half of the 1500 the organiser reckons would be achievable/needed.

https://www.dailyrec...pledge-14626743

Morton Club Together - https://mortonclubto....com/index.html 

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

For £400k they can own their own 15% of their own smelly dump. - absolute rip-off & looks like the owners aren't really honouring their earleir promise to write off the debt..:spud2

£10p.m. over 2 years - that'd be 1667 fans which would be greater than their average home support this season. IIRC SMiSA got less than 1400 at it's peak which is probably just under half of what our home support was in the Championship the season SMiSA bought the club - 2015/16 Avg. Home Attendence 3549. :jerrry

OK I know I was comparing apples & oranges above but with with an average total attendance of 1925 this season you'd imagine the maximum signup would be 750ish if there was a similar proportion taking up the offer - half of the 1500 the organiser reckons would be achievable/needed.

https://www.dailyrec...pledge-14626743

Morton Club Together - https://mortonclubto....com/index.html 

I live in Inverclyde and have offices in Greenock …… word on the street is that the likelihood, now that the Rae's aren't bankrolling the club, will be P/T football and possibly from next season...…..

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

I live in Inverclyde and have offices in Greenock …… word on the street is that the likelihood, now that the Rae's aren't bankrolling the club, will be P/T football and possibly from next season...…..

Just to confirm thats true.... Campbell not prepared to throw in money anymore

Added to that the Gangsters arent interested either due to the clear lack of direction. If, the club goes down PT very likely root ....................

I just can't see it working for them. They have a very small hardcore number of supporters with the rest drifters and most likely interest in either side of the old firm. It would take a miracle to find the numbers to raise the proposed figure in that space of time.

I can understand Rae's son not investing any more. They have been bankrolled for years with failure to move on to the next level. From what i remember hearing the Easdales wanted the debt written off before any potential investment/takeover at the time of their interest. Debt that was owed to the Rae family for Douglas' personal investment out his own pocket.

Grasping at straws is the phrase that comes to mind. I suspect they are looking for some sympathetic person to bank roll their future. Fan's won't, by this Publicity might attract someone, who knows...

But no doubt owners will take money off of anyone who is daft enough to give it. The stadium (term used very loosely) is dire and needs a total upgrade.

I suspect they might stay up, but they will be at the wrong end next season again...

Where they are is so much less important to where we are though... Premiership for us next season with some degree more comfort than this season we hope...  :spud7

13 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Just to confirm thats true.... Campbell not prepared to throw in money anymore

Added to that the Gangsters arent interested either due to the clear lack of direction. If, the club goes down PT very likely root ....................

I’m guessing you mean Crawford