Motherwell v St. Mirren 4th May 2019

Sweeper07

After today - we can take encouragement into this game - The Fakes are a strong side, and overall I think we were the better team.

Yes Motherwell can score goals against Dee, but our defence is a lot better than theirs!

Last time Well beat us - time before we beat them - so it is our turn and we need it more.  :boxing

Hoping Dee take something from the Hammers and we make up the two points difference at least.

Magennis more match fit, but need to get Jackson and Mullen on to have a real go at scoring winning goals . . .

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Like I said on the other thread can we do the comeback stuff without losing the first goal?    COYS!

I think I know what you mean but if we don't fall behind - how do we comeback?

I am with you on this - let's get in front and keep the lead - that would be best...

Good for us that Hamilton who had been in a habit of winning games they scored in 1st have lost that habit recently - 3 Draws in their last 3 games.

We have D  W  D  and yes  COYS!

Hope we start this game with a 4-4-2 formation. It worked well the last two games when we changed, gaining us 4 points, and with Well having some decent wingers then a couple of sitting full backs would help stop them. And both Jackson and Mullen play far better with someone besides them instead of being a lone striker.

Hladky

McGinn, Popescu, MacKenzie, Muzek

Dreyer, McGinn, Flynn, Magennis

Mullen, Jackson

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:53 AM, Sonny said:

Hope we start this game with a 4-4-2 formation. It worked well the last two games when we changed, gaining us 4 points, and with Well having some decent wingers then a couple of sitting full backs would help stop them. And both Jackson and Mullen play far better with someone besides them instead of being a lone striker.

Hladky

McGinn, Popescu, MacKenzie, Muzek

Dreyer, McGinn, Flynn, Magennis

Mullen, Jackson

With so many fit players to choose from I think it is hard to call who Oran will pick. But here is my guess :-

Hladky

McGinn, Popescu, Baird, Muzek

Hodson

Flynn, McGinn, Lyons

Mullen, Jackson

subs Magennis, McAllister, Nazon (or Cooke), MacKenzie,  Erhahon, MacPherson and Holmes

Edited by Sweeper07

With so many fit players to choose from I think it is hard to call who Oran will pick. But here is my guess :-
Hladky
McGinn, Popescu, Baird, Muzek
Dreyer, McGinn, Flynn, Lyons
Mullen, Jackson
subs Magennis, McAllister, Hodson, Nazon (or Cooke), MacKenzie,  Erhahon (or MacPherson) and Holmes
Agree. I think OK will keep Magennis, McAllister and the Duck back and only use them if and when we're chasing the game in the second half.

He said on tv that he needs to not overdo Magennis even though it is tempting, and McAllister has been used for this in every (or just about every) game. The Duck likewise doesn't plat full matches... 

I thought Jackson added extra danger when he came on against the Fakes. He also challenged the defender who then "cleared" it to Mullen for the goal... They are our 2 best strikers goals wise - it is a no brainer if they are fit - unless we go for the cautious 5 at the back  or Hodson as an extra holding midfielder. 

Edited by Sweeper07

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:00 AM, Ethan said:

We just need to focus on winning our next 2 games as the last game should be a given with Dundee already down. I dont think Accies will drop points to Dundee next week so we need to get 3 points in our next match. 

As Fulham have demonstrated being relegated does not mean your fodder..............

3 Cup Finals to go, unless we win Sat, Accies lose Sat and then we beat Accies- but thats just a little to straightforward for us ...................................

A fancy Hodson in place of Lyons, did well there a couple o times, and would like two strikers to start next 2 games at least
Would be happy to see us start with Mullen and Jackson up front, but would also be happy to play Lyons too. May not be everyone's favourite but I think he does stiffen our midfield and stifle the opposition.