Motherwell v St. Mirren 4th May 2019

Sweeper07

9 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
18 hours ago, paul torfason said:
A fancy Hodson in place of Lyons, did well there a couple o times, and would like two strikers to start next 2 games at least

Would be happy to see us start with Mullen and Jackson up front, but would also be happy to play Lyons too. May not be everyone's favourite but I think he does stiffen our midfield and stifle the opposition.

Lyons offers absolutely nothing..rarely even touches the ball..as bad a premiership footballer as i have ever seen...

From watching sportscene it looked like threat was coming from Dundee backing off, especially when Turnbull had the ball. I'd prefer a back 5 for this one allowing one of the 3 centre halfs to put pressure on Turnbull without leaving us overly exposed 

5 hours ago, Doakes said:

From watching sportscene it looked like threat was coming from Dundee backing off, especially when Turnbull had the ball. I'd prefer a back 5 for this one allowing one of the 3 centre halfs to put pressure on Turnbull without leaving us overly exposed 

So why should we sit back in defence? Turnbull needs to be stopped in the middle of the park....

I know where you are coming from but Ariyibi plays on the wing and is beginning to grow in confidence and effect. A good FB needs to keep him quiet too. SO I would plump for 4 defenders rather than 5 at the back.

OK might just put Hodson in (If he thinks he is fit enough) as a extra holding midfielder specifically to stop Turnbull. He does tend to ghost away from opposition midfielders - and many of our midfielders are good at letting people ghost away into dangerous spaces...

We also need to be careful that we don't concentrate on two or three players and leave space for others to shine against us. From memory their RB had too much freedom in a previous match too.

Above all this, the best form of defence is to attack well - without leaving ourselves vulnerable.... so    C  O    Y    S     :turtle

Jackson and Mullen to add to their goal tallies , , , , , ,

10 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Lyons offers absolutely nothing..rarely even touches the ball..as bad a premiership footballer as i have ever seen...

:lol: Absolute nonsense. 

I could easily rhyme off about a dozen worse players in just in our own squad this season alone. 

Not even getting started on teams like Dundee. 

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

:lol: Absolute nonsense. 

I could easily rhyme off about a dozen worse players in just in our own squad this season alone. 

Not even getting started on teams like Dundee. 

He is not worth replying too - that is what he gets his rocks off too. No one can be that stupid !  :bounce4

15 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

So why should we sit back in defence? Turnbull needs to be stopped in the middle of the park....

I know where you are coming from but Ariyibi plays on the wing and is beginning to grow in confidence and effect. A good FB needs to keep him quiet too. SO I would plump for 4 defenders rather than 5 at the back.

OK might just put Hodson in (If he thinks he is fit enough) as a extra holding midfielder specifically to stop Turnbull. He does tend to ghost away from opposition midfielders - and many of our midfielders are good at letting people ghost away into dangerous spaces...

We also need to be careful that we don't concentrate on two or three players and leave space for others to shine against us. From memory their RB had too much freedom in a previous match too.

Above all this, the best form of defence is to attack well - without leaving ourselves vulnerable.... so    C  O    Y    S     :turtle

Jackson and Mullen to add to their goal tallies , , , , , ,

Yes a holding mid could be a great shout. If you’re not playing the 5 at the back, 5 across the middle with 1 holding mid tracking runs. Either way - got to make sure we’re keeping things tight. Motherwell more than capable of punishing us if we go too gung-ho!

12 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Yes a holding mid could be a great shout. If you’re not playing the 5 at the back, 5 across the middle with 1 holding mid tracking runs. Either way - got to make sure we’re keeping things tight. Motherwell more than capable of punishing us if we go too gung-ho!

We don't do gung-ho - at least I have not seen us do that this season at any point under Oran. He tends recently to be set up very tight in the first half of games, then open out a bit more in the second halves.

We do need to be a tight unit as you say as Well can punish teams. :ph34r:

However, although a draw is a decent result, we really really need a win to set us up for the following game. You will know the scenarios

(a) If Ham win this week we are either 2 points behind them if we win, when we face them, 4 points behind them if we draw or 5 points behind if we lose.

(b) If Ham draw this week we are either level points (but above them on goal difference)  if we win, (when we face them), 2 points behind them if we draw or 3 points behind if we lose.

(c) If Ham lose this week we are either 1 point (above them plus far better goal difference)  if we win, when we face them, 1 points behind them if we draw or 2 points behind if we lose.

To go into the Hamilton game above them would be a huge psychological boost - knowing a win or a draw is better for us than for them. IF we then win that too, we are completely safe in 10th.. and the Dee game is insignificant to us... actually if Hamilton lose their next 2 and Dee win their next 2 - Hamilton would be at risk of 12th on the final match day...

There are plenty other scenarios for these last 3 sets of fixtures and Dee are likely gone after this next set of matches. It is clearly better for us to be safe as soon as possible - then we can also start to sign players for next season sooner too...  :spud7

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:56 AM, gstretchuk said:

Fans need to start making a stand about pricing...£24 ur having a laugh...no chance....

Their £3 for an under £16 is excellent - £27 for an adult and kid is better than most. It is what it is and it will be one of our biggest away supports of the season regardless.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Their £3 for an under £16 is excellent - £27 for an adult and kid is better than most. It is what it is and it will be one of our biggest away supports of the season regardless.

You are right, but spare a thought for folks who are trying to live within their means too. Every cost is relative to earnings and outgoings.

I am with you on this though - big crowd - big match - 3 very big points on offer - and especially if they take us above Hamilton . . .    C O Y S  :magic

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

You are right, but spare a thought for folks who are trying to live within their means too. Every cost is relative to earnings and outgoings.

I am with you on this though - big crowd - big match - 3 very big points on offer - and especially if they take us above Hamilton . . .    C O Y S  :magic

12yrs ago- 12/05/07 , we were getting in for a quid . Now that was value for money . .

This.

I now have to pay for two adults so rather than £27 it's £48.

I can't afford or justify that, much as I'd love to be at the game.

So hope its the class of 2007 and not 2015.....................

As Well proved their is no such things as meaningless fixtures when your safe..... 50k a place and they will want 7th...............

The thing that amazes me about Dundee and Accies in Livi game, is that they are both so naive ....................  Between them scoring 5 goals and getting 1 point...........

That Well team conceded 3 goals even before going down to 10 men, I would thinggoing on the fact that over the last games we have conceded one goal per game that we keep that up ........................ Danny Mullen should be buzzing, and almost do a ala Jack tactic and get the shots up

Can honestly see us winning this as long as we keep young turnbull under wraps

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

This.

I now have to pay for two adults so rather than £27 it's £48.

I can't afford or justify that, much as I'd love to be at the game.

It is a pity as you clearly are a good fan. Add in travel and snacks, it can be a dear day out...

Club should get free away tickets for fans like yourself at least a couple of times a season . . .  :spud7

It is a pity as you clearly are a good fan. Add in travel and snacks, it can be a dear day out...
Club should get free away tickets for fans like yourself at least a couple of times a season . . .  :spud7
I rescued my friends Son from the dark side when he was 12!

A fan of a club replaced by The Rangers, he has had a Saints season ticket for about 9 years now and is a passionate Saints fan.

One thing our club has done very well over the years is price kids season tickets in a way that encourages future generations of fans.

His first couple of seasons as an adult, I still got discount on his season ticket as he was a student, which was great.

At 21 now and working, it's welcome to the world of paying for two adults!

Saint's at least keep gate prices reasonable, but some away clubs are delusional in their pricing.

That's a whole new topic though.
[emoji22] [emoji22]

25 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I rescued my friends Son from the dark side when he was 12!

A fan of a club replaced by The Rangers, he has had a Saints season ticket for about 9 years now and is a passionate Saints fan.

One thing our club has done very well over the years is price kids season tickets in a way that encourages future generations of fans.

His first couple of seasons as an adult, I still got discount on his season ticket as he was a student, which was great.

At 21 now and working, it's welcome to the world of paying for two adults!

Saint's at least keep gate prices reasonable, but some away clubs are delusional in their pricing.

That's a whole new topic though.
emoji22.pngemoji22.png

Well done you sir....   there is NO reason why all clubs don't exchange say 10 adult and child tickets and start a wee draw for away games for fans in more need of a help to support their team away...  I know that there are always folk who would want to take free tickets, but sorting out real needs is the only difficulty. 

Wouldn't that be a winner for all the clubs . . . ?   :magic

Edited by Sweeper07

It’s around £180 every home game for us.

Fuel/Food/Tickets etc -

I bring 3 of my sons hence why the Dundee game was only our 6th game this season.

However, the Motherwell game will be number 7 our first ‘away’ game even though it’s closer than a home game [emoji2]

Truly can’t wait but definitely in nervous anticipation

Motherwell 1-2 Saints

Just now, whydowebother said:

It’s around £180 every home game for us.

Fuel/Food/Tickets etc -

I bring 3 of my sons hence why the Dundee game was only our 6th game this season.

However, the Motherwell game will be number 7 our first ‘away’ game even though it’s closer than a home game emoji2.png

Truly can’t wait but definitely in nervous anticipation

Motherwell 1-2 Saints

Ouch - so that is a big commitment on a family budget... You should also be in the draw for free away tickets a couple of times a year.. Think on the goodwill the clubs would get and the smile it would give to fans... They could even be collected as you enter - so that no one tries to sell them etc. (You know what some folk are like?)

Hope the nervous anticipation throws you a great game and a 3 point win for the Saints . . . :guinness