Motherwell v St. Mirren 4th May 2019

Sweeper07

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Hodson will give his all I'm sure he will want to prove he wants a deal. Hope he gets it next week in midfield. 

Personally I think Hodson is poor in midfield. He is certainly tenacious but lacks any creativity and sits too deep. But I would play him instead of Lyons. I think Hodson is far better at right back allowing Paul McGinn to play wide right without having to back as much. Depends on which formation we play. Yesterday was a 4-4-1-1 instead of our usual 3-5-1-1. If it is a back 3 again then maybe Hodson playing in front of the central defenders allowing S McGinn and hopefully Flynn to push forward with Magennis wider on the left. If we lose Flynn and having lost Dreyer we have lost most of our creativity. Have to rely on Magennis for that.

Dismal performance yesterday, we could barely manage an attack the whole game and the manager is far too defensive although he probably accepts the team lacks any pace or strength but he should be making changes a lot earlier as you could have took anyone off in midfield or up front as they all had shockers. 

We have far too many players that easily get pushed off the ball against more physical teams and thats not acceptable. A good point but we did look like a championship team yesterday and need to improve big time for the Hamilton game. 

Guest TPAFKATS
I think he was arguing it is in our own hands with respect to the play-offs if we end up in them . . .   :turtle
Indeed. Staying in the league is now entirely in our own hands as Dundee are relegated.

9 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Danny Mullen went off in the huff when he was substituted.  He went straight down the tunnel and I have to say I sympathise with him.  This was poor judgement by OK.  I assume he wanted more weight and muscle in the form of Nazon.  You could argue a similar situation against Livi and looked what happened.  Danny has proved in recent games he can contribute but was cut short yesterday.

Horrendous sub given that Simeon stayed on for 90 mins... again

23 hours ago, TopCat said:

Thought S McGinn had yet another shocker today.

He just does... nothing.

All the time nothing.

Don't know why i'm bothering but alas. Your agenda is very boring now, McGinn had a solid game yesterday.

There's a good 3/4 players in the squad who haven't done anything all year and you think our Captain is the problem... odd.

Dismal performance yesterday, we could barely manage an attack the whole game and the manager is far too defensive although he probably accepts the team lacks any pace or strength but he should be making changes a lot earlier as you could have took anyone off in midfield or up front as they all had shockers. 
We have far too many players that easily get pushed off the ball against more physical teams and thats not acceptable. A good point but we did look like a championship team yesterday and need to improve big time for the Hamilton game. 

We managed more shots at goal and more shots on target than the home team yesterday. That said despite those chances , we don’t look like we have that cutting edge up front .
The loss of Flynn had a big impact in midfield , and imo I agree we lack a bit of Muscle in midfield .
As for looking like a championship team ? I think that is a tad unfair. In the last two games we have held our own against teams who have had , iirc Many more years of premiership experience over us and premiership squads to boot.
Rome was not built in a day my friend. Onwards and upwards.....hopefully .

From the sportscene coverage we were denied a stonewall penalty in the first half.

Michael Wanker Stewart ( and Thommo ) said the Spaccies penalty was a defo stick on because the man had played the opponent before the ball...... which is exactly the situation with Mullen , yet no spot

Kick. if it’s no happening , it’s no happening . [emoji35]

3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

We managed more shots at goal and more shots on target than the home team yesterday. That said despite those chances , we don’t look like we have that cutting edge up front .
The loss of Flynn had a big impact in midfield , and imo I agree we lack a bit of Muscle in midfield .
As for looking like a championship team ? I think that is a tad unfair. In the last two games we have held our own against teams who have had , iirc Many more years of premiership experience over us and premiership squads to boot.
Rome was not built in a day my friend. Onwards and upwards.....hopefully .

Fair point but shows stats dont mean much as Motherwell bossed the game and had nothing to play for but league table highlights the gulf between the teams, I couldnt see much sense of urgency ie throwing guys forward etc until we scored in injury time. To the players credit we are still in with a shout but we lack quality and pace so need to be spot on when we play weaker teams like Hamilton and Dundee as there is  not much room for error now. 

We've improved vastly since the Cup game in February whereas Dundee Utd. have been pretty meh.

I think we'll eventually face them and I'd make it 50/50.

Sadly it will never be 50/50 wirth those cunts.

The referees would give them an advantage. We always get f**ked over at Tannadice.

Good thing is they are spunkers so I can see it being someone else in the play offs against Hamilton.

2 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Was the official word on Flynn? Is he injured? Really hope he’s fit for Monday. Been our best midfielder the past few months.

Yes he was injured.

It was the limping and sitting down on the turf getting looked over by the physio for several minutes that sort of gave it away.

Amazingly some people who actually attended the match seemed to have missed this.:rolleyes:

Yes he was injured.
It was the limping and sitting down on the turf getting looked over by the physio for several minutes that sort of gave it away.
Amazingly some people who actually attended the match seemed to have missed this.:rolleyes:

Ta for update. Couldn’t make the game, as you might have guessed. Anyway, hope Flynn makes a speedy recovery.

On 5/4/2019 at 8:00 PM, Wilbur said:

Whilst I do acknowledge the improvement in our points tally since February, I would suggest that Dundee losing 10 games in a row was the major contributory factor in our moving off the bottom of the league. We can't claim an awful lot of credit for that, eh ?

Of course we can.

Our upturn in form contributed to added pressure on the Dundee players who ultimately showed that collectively they couldn't cope with the pressure.

That is partly down to both ourselves and Hamilton.

You can't simply look at Dundee's collapse in total isolation.

Also, we can see the improvement all over the park. I don't see how it helps to play hypothetical games about where we'd be if Dundee hadn't collapsed. They did. That's all history will remember.

On 5/5/2019 at 8:40 PM, W6Saint said:

Don't know why i'm bothering but alas. Your agenda is very boring now, McGinn had a solid game yesterday.

There's a good 3/4 players in the squad who haven't done anything all year and you think our Captain is the problem... odd.

Utter nonsence..was far to slow, totally off the pace and offered nothing....because some Saints fans have some love-in for McGinn they can't see how poor he has become..total liability and offers hew-haw along with Lyons...

Yes he was injured.
Maybe too busy logged on here slagging the manager to watch the game?