Motherwell v St. Mirren 4th May 2019

Sweeper07

Motherwell pushing us back and ripping us up again, should have scored and didn’t.

Sub early doors - Flynn off ( didn’t look injured and not the worst) - Magennis on.

Can see why he’s changed it.

0-0

Motherwell pushing us back and ripping us up again, should have scored and didn’t.

Sub early doors - Flynn off ( didn’t look injured and not the worst) - Magennis on.

0-0

Because he was injured. Went down at the same time as Mullen’s penalty claim and body language suggested he was done.

HT 0-0

Doing well to be at 0-0 here. Motherwell certainly been the better team. Should have scored inside 5 minutes but we cleared it off the line.

After that they’ve dominated the ball and pushed us back and had a couple of half chances. We’ve not offered much save from a long ranger or two.

Need to match Hamilton’s result, so as long as it’s 0-0 there 0-0 here is fine.

Just expecting us to do a bit... more. Since it matters to us and doesn’t matter to Well.

18 minutes ago, codfish said:

Because he was injured. Went down at the same time as Mullen’s penalty claim and body language suggested he was done.

TC is taking his levels of talking shite to new levels. Flynn was injured, and Motherwell were not "ripping us apart" at all.

0-0. Fairly uneventful, both sides knocking it about without having much end product.

0-0

He did look injured and was getting treatment just before he went off. Just proves why no one should even bother reading your updates.

Yes but we were denied a stonewall penalty. Even Motherwell TV said it was. Wait until you see it on TV!

Yeah other side. Certainly seen the claim.

Kinda reminded me in reverse of the Celtic penalty a few weeks ago at SMP, the one they missed.

I looked at that live and thought, that didn’t look a penalty. Then I looked at our players and no one was protesting... thought must have been a penalty. Then seen the tv replay and realised actually it wasn’t a penalty.

Our players hardly gave a peep after that foul on Mullen. Why are we so nice?

Apart from that I feel kinda the same as I did last week against St Johnstone.

Our main problem is we aren’t very good.

Even in these two games where we are playing against teams who have nothing to play for, we really struggle to get a hold on the ball and create.

We’re on the back foot and hoping for a miracle. We got one last week when Mullen pinged a stunner in from nowhere, hopefully we get one today.

26 minutes ago, herman_munster said:

strange policy of the saints defence backing off and not tackling.

We defend deep, we have been doing it since January and it has dramatically improved our defending. Kearney is happy to let the opposition have the ball 30 to 40 yards from goal, they can't do any damage there. Once they get close to the box we have two banks of 4 or 5, and thats when we close down the opposition.

As we play this way in literally every single game it would be good if people would accept this is the match plan, and stop screaming at players to either "push out" or "get stuck in".

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

He did look injured and was getting treatment just before he went off. Just proves why no one should even bother reading your updates.

It would be helpful if people would stop quoting them too so I wouldn't need to see them at all :lol:

Certainly the timeline of going down, receiving treatment for a minute, walking off the pitch a minute later suggests Flynn might have been injured.