Motherwell v St. Mirren 4th May 2019

Sweeper07

Think it is crazy to suggest that Motherwell have nothing to play for. They are a solid PRemiership side year after year and looking to finish 7th.

Today they stifled and at times outplayed us - But yet again we did not lose. Of course anything less than 3 points today was not enough.

But two wins needed starting next week - Dee are gone . . .

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

FT 1-1

Pretty much the same game as last week.

Playing against a team with nothing to play for. We huff and puff and deservedly fall behind.

We then pull a worldly last minute equaliser out our arse. Mullen last week, Magennis this.

You mean a team that can play with freedom and no pressure ? Thought that's what you meant. 

Just now, herman_munster said:

no chance of overhauling the dirty smellie accie bastards now,

just have to try and prepare as best we can for the play offs.

We cannot hope for the best as we are just too feckin shite. 

We beat them next week and surely we can beat Dee on the last game?????

The big deal is will they take anything from the last two games...

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Hamilton won though, as expected. So out our hands.

Accies just need either a point in Paisley next week or to beat Saintees on the last day and we are playoff bound.

........ which is something that we would have bitten yet hand of for in January. 

This certainly now looks like another miraculous escape - I feel it in my water!

We beat Hamilton on 13 May and then draw at Dundee on 18 May at the same time the Fake Saints beat Accies - on the last day of the season.

This is how we do the second great escape - by goal difference - it's the Buddies' way after all.

Edited by northstbuddie

2 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

This certainly now looks like another miraculous escape - I feel it in my water!

We beat Hamilton on 13 May and then draw at Dundee on 18 May at the same time the Fake Saints beat Accies - on the last day of the season.

This is how we do the second great escape - by goal difference - it's the Buddies' way after all.

I don't care if we do it your way or win our last two and are safe on points - so long as we stay in this league for next season.

(Trying not to think of the play-offs)

Edited by Sweeper07

That was a really poor performance, but ultimately we picked up a point at Fir Park which is a decent result.

We continue to show terrible decision making in the final third of the park. Dreyer was missed, he is a much more intelligent player than any option we are left with. Not really sure sending The Duck on helped matters either, what an incredible chance he had to play in McAllister and he decides to try and beat three men and shoot himself. As he always does. 

We can beat Hamilton and keep this alive, but there really needs to be some serious work done on training when it comes to working on creating space in the final third and passing the f**king ball properly!

That is a tremendous result for a Saints team which was all but relegated just a few weeks ago.

Immediate relegation has been avoided and I think that the whole team deserves a lot of respect for that.

These players are digging out results against 3 teams 20+ points ahead of ourselves at a time when they are under enormous pressure to save jobs at the club and their own careers. That is something a few of the roasters above don't seem to be able to get their thick skulls around.

Anyone wittering on about our performances clearly knows nothing about having to perform under such pressure.

Anyone wittering on about how Motherwell players have nothing to play for clearly doesn't understand anything about having a career in football.

If we can beat Hamilton next week we'll be going to Dundee a single point behind. I'd take those odds now.

In fact I'll take a play-off right now as long as we go into them with the momentum we have now.

Everyone is tlaking about Dundee Utd but I am sure it'll be Inverness.

We should all be extremely confident about beating any play-off opponent over two matches with this set of players.

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Anyone wittering on about our performances clearly knows nothing about having to perform under such pressure.

Your usual unique brand of talking pish.

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Your usual unique brand of talking pish.

Your unique brand of attacking the man rather than the ball.

Why don't you regale us with further tales of how people placed under the most severe pressure their careers can offer should be expected to produce free flowing output. 😂

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

We lack a goalscorer.

I don't know about that. We've scored 6 in our last 4 games and 3 of those games have been away from home.

I think the goals are there and they have come against 4 opponents who are considerably better than anything the play-offs have to offer IMO.

I strongly believe we'll be fine.

Remember those playoff teams will have played Sat-Wed and maybe another Sat-Wed if it's Inverness or Ayr. They'll be pretty f**ked by the time they reach us. We need the team not to get disheartened if that's where we end up.

We always had to defeat Hamilton on 13 May.

If that happens, Hamilton will be under tremendous pressure to get something from their home game against St Johnstone on 18 May on the last day of the season.

We arguably have the easier task of drawing/winning away v Dundee.

All is not lost.

Just now, northstbuddie said:

We always had to defeat Hamilton on 13 May.

If that happens, Hamilton will be under tremendous pressure to get something from their home game against St Johnstone on 18 May on the last day of the season.

We arguably have the easier task of drawing/winning away v Dundee.

All is not lost.

Exactly. This is a good position to be in going into next weekend.

I think Hamilton will get a point against St J and we will win both our remaining games.

I'm not a gambling man but I would be placing money on that set of outcomes if I was.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Your unique brand of attacking the man rather than the ball.

Why don't you regale us with further tales of how people placed under the most severe pressure their careers can offer should be expected to produce free flowing output. 😂

Bizzarely, you seem to believe you "don't attack the man". Every single one of your posts is attacking individuals, including the above...

But anyway...

I don't think you can just shirk responsibility for your performance just because you are "under pressure". Maybe you personally wilt under pressure, but professional footballers need to thrive on pressure and competition if they are going to be succesful.

The performance today was poor. Happy with the point, but we should be creating a lot more going forwards and it was done to poor decision making and what looks like a lack of a proper gameplan when around the opposing box. Not the first time, we looked clueless in the final third.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I don't know about that. We've scored 6 in our last 4 games and 3 of those games have been away from home.

I think the goals are there and they have come against 4 opponents who are considerably better than anything the play-offs have to offer IMO.

I strongly believe we'll be fine.

Remember those playoff teams will have played Sat-Wed and maybe another Sat-Wed if it's Inverness or Ayr. They'll be pretty f**ked by the time they reach us. We need the team not to get disheartened if that's where we end up.

I admire your optimism, but retain my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I don't think you can just shirk responsibility for your performance just because you are "under pressure". Maybe you personally wilt under pressure, but professional footballers need to thrive on pressure and competition if they are going to be succesful.

Like I said, you clearly have never worked under pressure.

It's easy to be an armchair critic. Our boys (some of them not even or barely out of their teens) are having to ACTUALLY deal with this pressure and IMO you need to back off and show more consideration of their efforts.

Edited by oaksoft