Final 3 Games

Numpty here:hammer

I've just corrected my error on initial post should have been Dung beat accies etc

The perfect run in Scenario........

May the 4th "be with us"                  Dung beat Accies.............&..................Well lose to the Darling buds

May 11th                                                 Livi beat Dung

May 13th                                                Darling Buds beat Accies

May 18th                                               Dung lose to you know who :)..........&...............Accies lose to fakes

I rest my case:guinness

C'mon ye Saints let's finish with a bang:headbang

Edited by south_seas_saint
Correction to error

St Mirren are 3/1 to beat Motherwell at the bookies.

The chances are we will lose on Saturday, as we normally do when we play away from home.

I personally think we will get a point, but there seems to be a lot of people setting themselves up for disappointment by thinking Saints are suddenly going to go on a winning streak and Dundee, after 8 consecutive defeats, will be able to beat Hamilton. 

2 hours ago, south_seas_saint said:

The perfect run in Scenario........

May the 4th "be with us"                  Dung lose to Accies.............&..................Well lose to the Darling buds

May 11th                                                 Livi beat Dung

May 13th                                                Darling Buds beat Accies

May 18th                                               Dung lose to you know who :)..........&...............Accies lose to fakes

I rest my case:guinness

C'mon ye Saints let's finish with a bang:headbang

Too complex as Dundee no longer matter in terms of catching us. They won't win 3 on the spin and we won't lose 3 on the spin. 

Perfect scenario is:

We win on Saturday, Dundee win against Accies. 

We win the following Monday. 

10th secured before Dens. 

With St Mirren you learn to accept no outcome is too surprising! I think I said in February or early March that I thought we could and probably would finish 10th - that Kearney's signings and Gus' scouting had paid off and Hladky, Popescu, Muzek, Lyons, McAlister, Dreyer had all strengthened the team and we looked more like a proper team than we did before Christmas. I thought we would go into the split in 12th place but only 1 or 2 points behind Dundee and Hamilton and our momentum might take us up to 10th. I now think it is touch and go if we will overtake Hamilton. I think it is entirely possible we do something very St Mirrenish indeed, i.e. overtake them this weekend and then lose the head to head game at home and go to Dens Park needing to win and Dundee might win that one too! I'm still hopeful that Kearney's squad have continued to improve from January onwards - even when we lost to Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Hibs, St Johnstone before the split we looked competitive in those games without getting the end result we were looking for, and we finally showed we could compete with Hamilton Accies as well. I'm hoping we can continue on a continuous upward trajectory with no blips over the next 3 games but would go as far as to say that's what I am expecting.

Famous last words but I reckon Dundee are certs to finish bottom.

10th spot - Hamilton 60% Us 40%

It is in our hands and as OK said a while back we've got to treat the remaining games like Cup Finals if we do we can still make 10th - COYS!

It's a pity things were fucked up so badly last summer but thanks to the January clearout our form has improved dramatically over the past two months, the team spirit is good (3 games in a row we've come from behind) and with a full squad even if we end up in the play-offs I reckon we'll go in with a better frame of mind than most 11th placed teams would once again - COYS!

Edited by Bud the Baker

5 hours ago, Kemp said:

The chances are we will lose on Saturday, as we normally do when we play away from home.

I personally think we will get a point, but there seems to be a lot of people setting themselves up for disappointment by thinking Saints are suddenly going to go on a winning streak and Dundee, after 8 consecutive defeats, will be able to beat Hamilton

Its 9 losing streak Kemp

Keep Up :wink:

Form: Last 10 matches (HOME AND AWAY)

GP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Celtic 10 7 3 0 13 3 +10 24
2 Hibernian 10 6 4 0 16 7 +9 22
3 Rangers 10 6 3 1 23 5 +18 21
4 Aberdeen 10 4 3 3 12 10 +2 15
5 Motherwell 10 4 2 4 15 17 -2 14
6 St Mirren 10 3 4 3 11 11 0 13
7 Kilmarnock 10 3 3 4 9 5 +4 12
8 Livingston 10 3 3 4 13 13 0 12
9 St Johnstone 10 3 2 5 8 13 -5 11
10 Hamilton 10 2 3 5 8 22 -14 9
11 Hearts 10 2 2 6 9 16 -7 8
12 Dundee FC 10 1 0 9 8 23 -15

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Form: Last 10 matches (HOME AND AWAY)

GP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Celtic 10 7 3 0 13 3 +10 24
2 Hibernian 10 6 4 0 16 7 +9 22
3 Rangers 10 6 3 1 23 5 +18 21
4 Aberdeen 10 4 3 3 12 10 +2 15
5 Motherwell 10 4 2 4 15 17 -2 14
6 St Mirren 10 3 4 3 11 11 0 13
7 Kilmarnock 10 3 3 4 9 5 +4 12
8 Livingston 10 3 3 4 13 13 0 12
9 St Johnstone 10 3 2 5 8 13 -5 11
10 Hamilton 10 2 3 5 8 22 -14 9
11 Hearts 10 2 2 6 9 16 -7 8
12 Dundee FC 10 1 0 9 8 23 -15

Didn't realise we were doing as well as that. Top 6 over 10 games is a decent return 

Monday night live on TV v Hamilton reminds me of Monday night live on TV in 2007 v Dunfermline in front of 10000.
Nerves got the better of us that night and we lost 1-0 to a Tam McManus goal. Thankfully, we survived after the great comeback at Fir Park. 
I have no worries this time. We will beat Motherwell on Saturday and scud the Accies, a week on Monday. 
10th it will be. 
No chance of that happening.

23 minutes ago, elvis said:
2 hours ago, shetland said:
Monday night live on TV v Hamilton reminds me of Monday night live on TV in 2007 v Dunfermline in front of 10000.
Nerves got the better of us that night and we lost 1-0 to a Tam McManus goal. Thankfully, we survived after the great comeback at Fir Park. 
I have no worries this time. We will beat Motherwell on Saturday and scud the Accies, a week on Monday. 
10th it will be. 

No chance of that happening.

Elvis translation - "COYS, please please please prove me wrong , it worked in 2017 when I said we were doomed, it worked last year when I said we would blow Championship and miss play offs, and its worked since I said we would not pick up another point since Window- maybe I am a Dundee Fan ? "

This from the other thread.

Head says Hamilton will win on Saturday, we draw with Well, (gap 4 points)

Then we have to win against Hamilton the following Monday, (gap 1 point)

then we need to win when we head to Dundee, or..! For even more stress than Boris Johnson's mankini is used to,

if Hamilton lose their last game... then we need at least a draw to stay up on goal difference..ffs!

you just know its going all the way to the wire!

9 minutes ago, elvis said:

I'm telling yous anyone who even thinks we are going to get another point is off there nuts. We will be relegated on the last game of the season no play off just straight down.

Why do you even bother to call yourself a supporter?  You clearly never demonstrate that on here with your constant negativity. Did you think we would best Livvie, draw with Aberdeen, Hearts and Accies away? Of course you probably didn't. You have never made a positive/supportive comment on this forum. Do you go the games?

34 minutes ago, elvis said:

I'm telling yous anyone who even thinks we are going to get another point is off there nuts. We will be relegated on the last game of the season no play off just straight down.

You must be nuts. You have more confidence in a team who have lost 9 in a row to win all their remaining games yet feel your own team who have picked up points will get none? 

Edited by nedflanders123

Why do you even bother to call yourself a supporter?  You clearly never demonstrate that on here with your constant negativity. Did you think we would best Livvie, draw with Aberdeen, Hearts and Accies away? Of course you probably didn't. You have never made a positive/supportive comment on this forum. Do you go the games?

I go to every home game when I am home.

13 hours ago, Kemp said:

I personally think we will get a point, but there seems to be a lot of people setting themselves up for disappointment by thinking Saints are suddenly going to go on a winning streak and Dundee, after 8 consecutive defeats, will be able to beat Hamilton. 

We did beat Well last time on their patch.

I don't see Dee going on a winning spree - but  as this is their last chance and since Hamilton have not beaten them all season in 3 attempts, here's hoping that sequence continues... I think even if Dee did beat them, they would be gone by the following week - ideal for us this way, especially of we beat Well and then Hamilton - then the Dee game might be insignificant...

1 hour ago, elvis said:
1 hour ago, nedflanders123 said:

I go to every home game when I am home.

What's it like in your head at matches? Are you thinking the worst all through the matches? Even after we score - do you fear disaster is going to come very soon...

Don't you know that a pessimist is what an optimist, calls a realist?   :P    :ninja