Final 3 Games

49 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Anyone else worked out that we can lose 2 of our last 3 and stay up in 10th, assuming Accies lose their last 3 . In fact if Accies did lose last 3 and Dundee win theirs then its Accies who finish last

Odds anyone :P

Reckon Accies will lose one game that is against us. We need to beat Motherwell. 

1 minute ago, MenstrieSaint said:

No , it's just me being thick , it's the other way round . Which makes us bookies favourites to be 10th . 

Just checked again , and it's us thats favourites to be in the bottom two . But I'm sure it was the other way round yesterday . Confusing myself with this now .

Bookies use algorithms primarily based on points and goal difference for the season. They tend not to take into account current form or upcoming games, and especially so in Scotland as they are mostly ignorant of our leagues. Hence why Hamilton are currently shortest odds to finish 10th. Should we get level on points we'd be shorter due to GD and if we overtake then we'll get shorter again.

Only thing that could be decided tomorrow is Dundee relegated. I expect Hamilton will beat them, Dundee passed up their chance last week. Again head says Hastie, Turnbull etc will have the upper hand against us tomorrow, making the last two games must win, and hope Accies drop points at home to Fakes in their last game.

36 minutes ago, scam75 said:

Bookies use algorithms primarily based on points and goal difference for the season. They tend not to take into account current form or upcoming games, and especially so in Scotland as they are mostly ignorant of our leagues. Hence why Hamilton are currently shortest odds to finish 10th. Should we get level on points we'd be shorter due to GD and if we overtake then we'll get shorter again.

Hamilton at better than 2/1 to beat a team who have lost 9 on the bounce seems a decent bet to me.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Only thing that could be decided tomorrow is Dundee relegated. I expect Hamilton will beat them, Dundee passed up their chance last week. Again head says Hastie, Turnbull etc will have the upper hand against us tomorrow, making the last two games must win, and hope Accies drop points at home to Fakes in their last game.

I think you will find that Hastie has not played for weeks, since his pre-contract was being worked out and signed - Well were either trying to dissuade him or simply giving guys who are likely to be with them next season a game instead .. I doubt he will play against us this time...

1 hour ago, scam75 said:

Yes it does. But Dundee have not lost to them, are at home, and surely the law of averages might assist them!! I think Dundee will win, which is great as long as we do likewise!

I am with you on this ^^^ It is Dee's last desperate attempt to survive. So if they go in front, Hamilton will come out a bit - they need at least a draw.

Given that Dee scored 3 last week against Well, it must give them some hope against a team who have not beaten them in 3 attempts.

However, they will need to do better defensively than they have all season... cut out the errors and losing markers etc... (Like we used to pre Christmas too)

2 hours ago, scam75 said:

Yes it does. But Dundee have not lost to them, are at home, and surely the law of averages might assist them!! I think Dundee will win, which is great as long as we do likewise!

A Dundee win puts massive pressure on the Hamilton game if we don't win tomorrow - it could leave us in a position where we could be automatically relegated. First and foremost I would like that threat removed !

9 hours ago, scam75 said:

Yep. Dundee must get a bit of luck sometime. The dressing room might be depressed but I’d expect them to be mean-spirited tomorrow!

Dundee v Hamilton is outwith our control. It will be whatever it will be. Tomorrow is all about St Mirren winning our match at Motherwell. Whatever happens in Dundee is only relevant after the final whistle.

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

A Dundee win puts massive pressure on the Hamilton game if we don't win tomorrow - it could leave us in a position where we could be automatically relegated. First and foremost I would like that threat removed !

If we lose our last 3 games then we deserve to go down. Of course you are assuming Dundee will win all 3 of their games.

This season anyone looking on the dark side would note.

We have scored 28 Goals, Motherwell have scored 42 

Motherwell have 47 points we have 25

Motherwell have won 6 of their last 7 home games.

We have attempted fewer shots than any other team in the league and only 90 of them have been on target.

It's going to be tough but Tomorrow is May the 4th.

May the 4th be with us.

Elvis and a few others should move away from the dark side.

I'll be there with about 1800  other mad buds and we'll be a force behind the team.

So Use the force boys

COYS

Drummer-1.png.cadd3b5e097fd331eb55084119480a87.png

Sorry I Stayed in tonight and I was bored.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Bored

On 4/30/2019 at 11:14 AM, Bud the Baker said:

Famous last words but I reckon Dundee are certs to finish bottom.

10th spot - Hamilton 60% Us 40%

It is in our hands and as OK said a while back we've got to treat the remaining games like Cup Finals if we do we can still make 10th - COYS!

It's a pity things were fucked up so badly last summer but thanks to the January clearout our form has improved dramatically over the past two months, the team spirit is good (3 games in a row we've come from behind) and with a full squad even if we end up in the play-offs I reckon we'll go in with a better frame of mind than most 11th placed teams would once again - COYS!

Dundee gone.

10th spot - Hamilton 90% Us 10%

Once we moved ahead of Dundee I always expected us to be in the play-off although I'd love OK & the squad to prove me wrong. if we do end up in the play-off I'd like to face Ayr, ICT then Dundee Utd. in that order,

Edited by Bud the Baker