Vaclav Hladky/Josef Sural

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Tricky one.
Will it help or will it raise emotions?
If he plays, he is a brave man.
If he calls off, I totally respect that.

HE will play and the support from within the club has been excellent. He hopefully will be at his best, then as a good professional and friend will switch into grieving mode as he heads away to the funeral...  Not sure when he is back though, but suspect he will have a few days away to pay respects and then get back to the sharp end with us..

Big worry thought that this profile links him as a potential replacement .. .   I am not being cold - this is awful for the Sural family and friends no question..

Hope the big man copes well - he is a star....:spud7

HE will play and the support from within the club has been excellent. He hopefully will be at his best, then as a good professional and friend will switch into grieving mode as he heads away to the funeral...  Not sure when he is back though, but suspect he will have a few days away to pay respects and then get back to the sharp end with us..
Big worry thought that this profile links him as a potential replacement .. .   I am not being cold - this is awful for the Sural family and friends no question..
A replacement for who ? I trust you don't mean Sural ? Think his clubs fans would be pretty furious signing a keeper to play up front !!!

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:56 PM, Sweeper07 said:

A replacement for who ? I trust you don't mean Sural ? Think his clubs fans would be pretty furious signing a keeper to play up front !!!  I don't think they will as this ain't gonna happen - right . . .

Well you must presume I am stupid or be taking the pi*s - I mean a replacement for a goalie obviously as the season closes and some clubs will be looking for one - this is a big news story in a few countries at least - Sural a proven International and his best friends a, or possibly a top Goalie in Scotland - is he worth a look at? 

Given that his agent is doing the DVD trick everywhere as it is . . .  :ninja

6 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Wee bit of Czech pronunciation for anyone going to chant his name today, it's pronounced VATSLAV.

Big man was good today, time for him to pay his respects and mourn the loss of his best pal.  Hope the send off is appropriate and goes well for all concerned...

See you back soon - TOP CZECH  . . . the great escape sequel is not over yet (we hope)  :spud7

• 4 weeks later...

Samson could save penalties also. 

What about Samson's outstanding clean sheet record. 

Our present goalie couldn't match that. Nowhere near it. Why not if he is that good ? 

Just leaves me puzzled. 

1 hour ago, pod said:

and the rest. 

Realistically if the club was offered 350-400k plus I think we would seriously consider it.  Tony will no doubt be mentioning double that but we need to be realistic and this looks like a sensible business model compared to previous transfer business. Having said that knowing Saints the first 100k offer dangled and we  will likely revert to type and sell him on the cheap !!!

35 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Realistically if the club was offered 350-400k plus I think we would seriously consider it.  Tony will no doubt be mentioning double that but we need to be realistic and this looks like a sensible business model compared to previous transfer business. Having said that knowing Saints the first 100k offer dangled and we  will likely revert to type and sell him on the cheap !!!

Would be as well selling our soul for that.  Would rather keep him for another season and let him go. 

Saving those penalties was just the icing on the cake.  As much as I admired Samson I believe Vaclav is sharper and more mobile.  I hope he stays with us but if the interest from those clubs are genuine then the issue now is, 'how much?'.  
Better at crosses. Not scared to come off his kine, even if he prefers punching the ball rather than catching it. (Seems to be the way these days...)