Free ATMs - How Much Longer?

Guest TPAFKATS
Indeed , when I  read the line about "manky bastards" ,  it reminded me of Howard Hughes and his apparently reclusive years when he got paranoid about germs and bacteria.  .
Fortunately, fortunately the pox, the plague and foul pestilence have been pretty much handled in this country.  . Even in Asda as far as l know.  .
You've not been to asda robroyston

Guest TPAFKATS
All well and good but the OP has nothing to do with banks ! The machines charging are run by private enterprises and not connected to banks.

Fair point although these private enterprises have come about on the back of fewer bank machines being available.
You place your money in a bank, they reduce access to it and someone else charges you a fee for it.

30 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Fair point although these private enterprises have come about on the back of fewer bank machines being available.
You place your money in a bank, they reduce access to it and someone else charges you a fee for it.

Aye and it's not so bad if you live in a big town like Paisley or a city like Glasgow, but if you live in a more rural area it can be a nightmare already to find a free one, almost forces you to pay a fee to lift your own cash

46 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Bankers , date back to people who were proto-capitalists,  people who learned how to make money by storing other people's money and then , loaning it back to them at a high cost. .

Of course ,  in this country some of the major banks are owned by us , the British people which is almost strange.  .-_-

8 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Aye and it's not so bad if you live in a big town like Paisley or a city like Glasgow, but if you live in a more rural area it can be a nightmare already to find a free one, almost forces you to pay a fee to lift your own cash

I find the free cash back service in supermarkets is a good way to withdraw ones dot dash . 

You shouldnae huv to pay to get yer own cash. .

52 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:
Indeed , when I  read the line about "manky bastards" ,  it reminded me of Howard Hughes and his apparently reclusive years when he got paranoid about germs and bacteria.  .
Fortunately, fortunately the pox, the plague and foul pestilence have been pretty much handled in this country.  . Even in Asda as far as l know.  .

You've not been to asda robroyston

I used to work out of an office in Queenslie,  so I  might well have been in that branch.  .:o

5 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's the inclusion of the word other that makes his point 🤣

Then perhaps he is talking "street" or some other foreign language because neither of you are making sense and I don't mind admitting that. 😄

Nobody but nobody is forcing anyone to use a bank.

If the banks are that big and evil simply store the cash under your mattress.

Blimey, we do like a whinge in this country. 😁

BTW what has happened to all the smileys? They've gone all weird.

ETA. It's a Chrome browser issue. Firefox is OK.

Edited by oaksoft

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

As above- Does that mean that 97% of the population get a hooker and some drugs for £41 ...... sounds like Fergie Park prices

Seems less likely than your suggestion that very few people use money!

Guest TPAFKATS
Nobody but nobody is forcing anyone to use a bank.
If the banks are that big and evil simply store the cash under your mattress.
Blimey, we do like a whinge in this country. [emoji16]
BTW what has happened to all the smileys? They've gone all weird.
ETA. It's a Chrome browser issue. Firefox is OK.
Just about every employer requires you to have a bank account in order to pay you.
Otherwise they'd be using a wee pay packet envelope like they used to and everyone would using cash.
You can't really have a cash free society with everyone using bank cards and not use banks.

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Just about every employer requires you to have a bank account in order to pay you.
Otherwise they'd be using a wee pay packet envelope like they used to and everyone would using cash.

Aye , exactly it saves companies a fortune paying their employees through the bank . .

Oakstur probably thinks the BACS system is some sort of conspiracy theory.  .:P

5 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

You can't really have a cash free society with everyone using bank cards and not use banks.

Ah OK you're going to take every word I say literally.

In that case, take a trip to your bank once a month, take the entire balance out and put it under your mattress.

Thanks for letting me clarify. 😛

Then perhaps he is talking "street" or some other foreign language because neither of you are making sense and I don't mind admitting that. [emoji1]
No, it's perfectly plain English but you do struggle with that at times. Makes perfect sense to every other fekker who liked it. And, yes, I did just call myself a fekker.

Figured it out yet?

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
On 5/1/2019 at 4:47 PM, oaksoft said:
Can't remember the last time I used money to buy something.
In fact even when I have enough cash in my pocket I will still use contactless to pay.
I like the fact that I can walk into Asda, pick up milk or whatever, pay and get back in my car knowing I've touched as few things as possible where other manky bastards have been before me. I'm not even joking about that TBH. 🤣

For them to be "other" manky bastards, there must have been at least one manky bastard that you were originally referring to. The only person you mentioned was yourself, so you are calling yourself a manky bastard. If you had omitted the word "other" and just said "manky bastards" you wouldn't be calling yourself that.

Thanks for mansplaining that for me. 😀