Soap Dodgers Sack(?) Management Team

HSS

1 minute ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Rumours are that if Charlie Telfer played then his appearance would trigger a year long extension to his contract. Rae and Hawke told Johansen not to play him and walked as a result.

Could be true, seems this has happened today just a few hours before kick off.

Morton- the true comedy club of Scotland.

Confirmed that they quit, weren't fired.

I think this turned out rather well for Morton. They have got a dud manager off their books without needing a pay off, and can get someone new in for next season.

Messy situation but I'd imagine be surprised if there's no pay-off. I'd certainly argue it was constructive dismissal.........

"The chairman came into see us nearer 1pm [on Saturday] and the first thing he did was apologise we couldn't play this player, which didn't go down well.

"Then he told us that because of cost-cutting they wouldn't be renewing the clause in our contracts. In one breath you are being told what team you can't play, and in the other you are getting bulleted anyway."

Des McKeown on off the ball confirmed that Johanson & Houston had been told pre match that their contracts would not be renewed for next season. they then were told not to play Telfer as has been mentioned & this prompted them to Down tools and f**k off.

Eta, just read the beeb link which confirms McKeowns version of events.

Strange timing from the Ton board.

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Messy situation but I'd imagine be surprised if there's no pay-off. I'd certainly argue it was constructive dismissal.........

Could well be, although from the quote there it seems their contracts were almost up anyway.

8 hours ago, Kemp said:

Could well be, although from the quote there it seems their contracts were almost up anyway.

The management team had a planned meeting arranged with a Director for 12 oclock on Sat.They thought they were going to sign contract extensions but instead they were told not to play Charlie Telfer and that they were out of a job. 😂

In fairness I think Johansson has done well, I thought sacking Duffy would come back to bite them and get them relegated.

There’s been rumours for a while about the board trying to cut costs, says a lot with them not renewing the contracts of Johansson, Houston, and being unwilling to extend Telfer’s contract. At this rate they’ll be relegated in the next couple of seasons.

Guest TPAFKATS
In fairness I think Johansson has done well, I thought sacking Duffy would come back to bite them and get them relegated.
There’s been rumours for a while about the board trying to cut costs, says a lot with them not renewing the contracts of Johansson, Houston, and being unwilling to extend Telfer’s contract. At this rate they’ll be relegated in the next couple of seasons.
Ton fans on social media mostly not impressed with Johansson - seems to be viewed as taking a team challenging for one play off to just avoiding the other play off [emoji3]
All seem to agree yesterday's events were farcical though.

Guest TPAFKATS
Naismith pumped from Queens as well, seems strange timing with the playoffs still to come.
Seems to have been bagged during the end of season 'party'

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Ton fans on social media mostly not impressed with Johansson - seems to be viewed as taking a team challenging for one play off to just avoiding the other play off emoji3.png
All seem to agree yesterday's events were farcical though.

I think they were overhyping themselves tbh. This was a league with a lot of good teams - I would have placed Ross County, ICT, Dundee Utd, Partick, Falkirk and Dunfermline above them before the start of the season. Of course Partick and Falkirk would go on to struggle and Ayr surprised us all. For me Jim Duffy was as good as they were going to get, and they were only going to decline after his riddance.

Guest TPAFKATS
I think they were overhyping themselves tbh. This was a league with a lot of good teams - I would have placed Ross County, ICT, Dundee Utd, Partick, Falkirk and Dunfermline above them before the start of the season. Of course Partick and Falkirk would go on to struggle and Ayr surprised us all. For me Jim Duffy was as good as they were going to get, and they were only going to decline after his riddance.
Wouldn't disagree with any of this.
I think Duffy went either as part of the cost saving or because of it.

• 2 weeks later...