Congratulations Oran, Gus and the Players - Part One

A message of congratulations to the team and the management for a magnificent turnaround and avoiding automatic relegation today.

Of course we're disappointed about Hamilton winning but all of the people at the club have rescued us from a seemingly impossible position in a very short time.

I believe that all of them deserve our thanks for getting over this first hurdle and to not have a magnificent achievement lost in the bowels of a matchday thread or in the negativity of Hamilton winning today or any nonsense about how we've been performing recently. That's 4 great results in a row against strong opposition with plenty of late goals. That's noteworthy right there. The boys never f**king give in. That's the spirit we need from here to the end of the season and we'll be fine.

Part Two is to defeat Hamilton next week and leave us with something to play for on the last week. If we do that, we can enter the play-offs (if it comes to that) with our heads held high.

Despite other results, I'm buzzing today and can't wait for next week.

Let's f**king do this.

COYS.

Edited by oaksoft

Has Done a brilliant job with the mess he had to come in and deal with had we started the season with Oran in charge of this team we wouldn’t even be in a relegation battle imo.

No question for me he should be given another crack at it next year regardless of what league we are in.

Regardless of what happens from here on out, every single one of us would have taken a playoff in the deepest darkest moments of the season. 

The team never chucks it and we grind results out. If the worst comes to the worst and we are in the playoffs, I quite fancy our chances against any of the championship sides. 

However, we worry about that when it happens. First we get a win over Hamilton (who to be absolutely fair, have also upped their game right at the perfect time) and set up a massive showpiece at Dens in two weeks with one ear glued to radios for the score at NDP. 

Jim McIntyre was on the radio complaining that it is impossible to sign quality players in January for a club at the foot of the league.

In Popescu, Hladky, Muzek we have some evidence there he is wrong. Gus & Oran have done well there.

Good to see Gary MacKenzie back proving that fanny Allan Stubbs wrong too.

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Jim McIntyre was on the radio complaining that it is impossible to sign quality players in January for a club at the foot of the league.

In Popescu, Hladky, Muzek we have some evidence there he is wrong. Gus & Oran have done well there.

McIntyre was quality in his level of arseholery. He threw Neil McCann under the bus completely and McCann was nearly greeting in the studio. 😂

Edited by djchapsticks

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

McIntyre was quality in his level of arseholery. He threw Neil McCann under the bus completely and McCann was nearly greeting in the studio. 😂

Well he got half way through a sentence throwing McCann under the bus and then stopped. Damage had been done by that point and it certainly set McCann off :lol:

No doubt we have fight and decent ability to stay in this league.. The Transfers when Oran came in at 1st with a closed window and in January especially have been far better than all our rivals - so we definitely appreciate the huge among of work getting these guys in...

There are 2 sets of fixtures still to prove ourselves in - but we have not won enough games all season. Two wins in a trot is a big ask - but we can hope - win the 1st and we will be well up for the 2nd at Dens park.

Next season, more creative threat from midfield and goals from all over required - especially up front...

Delights Magennis got the goal today - he's had a tough season . . .  

I cannot wait for the next match - we owe Hamilton a beating . . . .       C   O    Y    S     :ninja

I was under the impression that Oran Kearney was "statistically the worst manager in St. Mirren's history". Oddly enough, haven't heard any retractions from those that posited said quote......

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

12 hours ago, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

I was under the impression that Oran Kearney was "statistically the worst manager in St. Mirren's history". Oddly enough, haven't heard any retractions from those that posited said quote......

Yes there is some tripe posted on our forum . . .

Some of it is pure ignorance and some of it is attention seeking . . .

Nevertheless we still have great fans and an improving team....  :magic

On 5/4/2019 at 6:17 PM, Kemp said:

You should have held off with this until after the game on Saturday.

25 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

You should have held off with this until after the game on Saturday.

There is no game on Saturday.

And these guys are class acts whether we are in the playoffs or escape them. The defence has improved significantly since they arrived and is the strongest part of the team by some distance. And our far superior goal difference may be what keeps us up automatically.

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

There is no game on Saturday.

And these guys are class acts whether we are in the playoffs or escape them. The defence has improved significantly since they arrived and is the strongest part of the team by some distance. And our far superior goal difference may be what keeps us up automatically.

I was of course referring to G McK's knock-down for Motherwell's goal on Saturday

A light-hearted post about poor timing that appears to have found an aggreived audience.  

Guest TPAFKATS
Statistically big fat Sam is the best manager in the history of the English national team. Similar for whatever nugget managed morton on Saturday.

45 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I was of course referring to G McK's knock-down for Motherwell's goal on Saturday

A light-hearted post about poor timing that appears to have found an aggreived audience.  

I also noticed MacK's header which led to the goal. I am a big fan of Bairdy too and think he had performed fabulous for us all season long.

Even though MacK is culpable for this error - what about our 3 other players round Turnbull and not one of them shut him down either? I think MacK too was being fouled... but the majority of the blame falls on him I suspect.

I think MacK has played a couple of really excellent games since he came back and against the Fakes he was at fault too for their goal  (Kane)

Yet when you consider the play-offs so far we have played the 3 best teams. We beat Livi and managed draws against the Fakes and Motherwell. The goal we conceded against Livi was dreadful defence wise with MacK, P. McGinn, Erhahon, and others at fault - MacK got taken off at half time...

I think we could have beaten the Fakes and overall were the better team. Against Well we were a wee bit luckier, although, had we been given the Mullen penalty it may well have been a different story. We did miss Dreyer and Flynn - but we need more from the midfield and the strikers in these next 2 crucial games for sure...:spud7

Like all St. Mirren fans, we just want to see victory against Hamilton and Dee - that way we have gave our all at aiming for 10th. We win the 1st one, and there will be tension in Hamilton's last game for sure... We cannot tell how we will cope with Dee, but hope they get trounced in their next game to keep their losing streak going...

while i think that we SHOULD have nothing to fear in a play off against any of the contenders I see too many episodes of faint-heartedness across the team-several players indulging in feeling sorry for themselves or just plain switching off some of the time rather than all players being posted missing as a matter of habit.  The most important thing for us is to get that spirit that we showed in OK's first match and to sustain ti ove the next 2-4 games 

4 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
18 hours ago, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

Statistically big fat Sam is the best manager in the history of the English national team. Similar for whatever nugget managed morton on Saturday.

And to prove the unreliability of such things, statistically most people have and above average amount of limbs.........

5 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Apologies however your reference was unclear. It read to me like having a go at the defence.  And Gary Mac was fouled on Saturday for their goal.

while i think that we SHOULD have nothing to fear in a play off against any of the contenders I see too many episodes of faint-heartedness across the team-several players indulging in feeling sorry for themselves or just plain switching off some of the time rather than all players being posted missing as a matter of habit.  The most important thing for us is to get that spirit that we showed in OK's first match and to sustain ti ove the next 2-4 games 

I don’t think there’s been much wrong with the spirit over the last couple of months. If it was down to spirit I think we’d be a stick on to stay up. Sadly, it also comes down ability and we still have one or two that are just not up to this standard week in week out.

Hopefully the others can get them across the line.

5 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Our results have been very decent over the last 10 games - beaten only by Celtic, Killie, and St Johnstone. Can't fault the spirit, application or concentration of the team. In the first couple of months of the season a lot of our post-match interviews were referring to shooting ourselves in the foot and not giving ourselves a chance due to the amount of basic errors and individual errors happening in games.

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Steve Clarke took over a Kilmarnock side in a worse position and managed to get them into the top 6 without making wholesale changes to the squad.

Oran has done nothing special.

Indeed, IMO we’d be safe already by now had Alan Stubbs remained.

Wrong on all three statements.

Well done.

25 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Steve Clarke took over a Kilmarnock side in a worse position and managed to get them into the top 6 without making wholesale changes to the squad.

Oran has done nothing special.

Indeed, IMO we’d be safe already by now had Alan Stubbs remained.

Yes he's only signed 19 and moved on 11 - just 30 changes to his squad :wacko:

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Yes he's only signed 19 and moved on 11 - just 30 changes to his squad :wacko:

He either is so stupid (wonder at how he did at school and what job he does now?) and does not check the facts OR is simply trying to hook people in to get some attention.

Either way, there are better things to spend our time on than giving him this attention... 

Thanks for posting the actual facts as opposed to the made up nonsense...  :cheers