Congratulations Oran, Gus and the Players - Part One

3 hours ago, mattman said:

Seeing a lot of twitter speculation that  Oran is rejoining coleraine at the end of the season. Even some suggesting he’s handed in his notice. Surely not?!

It beggars belief that anyone associated with the club or who had the clubs interests at heart would either leak information like this or spread it around at this stage of the season. We are less than 72 hours from a crucial match.

7 hours ago, mattman said:

Seeing a lot of twitter speculation that  Oran is rejoining coleraine at the end of the season. Even some suggesting he’s handed in his notice. Surely not?!

There was an interview in one of the papers a couple weeks back where he talked about moving his family over in the summer. It’s been tough, but he wouldn’t have it any other way.

A rumour that’s better left alone.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It beggars belief that anyone associated with the club or who had the clubs interests at heart would either leak information like this or spread it around at this stage of the season. We are less than 72 hours from a crucial match.

Find it all very weird myself.. seems to be more from across the water that people are saying it than someone from the club... but seemed to be everywhere last night. hopefully it’s just coleraine fans wishful thinking. Would be a shame to see him go.

1 hour ago, mattman said:

Find it all very weird myself.. seems to be more from across the water that people are saying it than someone from the club... but seemed to be everywhere last night. hopefully it’s just coleraine fans wishful thinking. Would be a shame to see him go.

We stay up he is going nowhere - this was his big shot at a higher level and he is not the kind of guy to throw that away.

The only unknown is whether his family don't want to come - but from what I hear, that is not an issue...

It is just as you highlighted - f*ksake there is even a twat on here shouting for Danny Lennon to come back to us...

Not if it’s come from Coleraine who have just sacked their manager. Not their place to care about our predicament.

People saying it's "all over twitter". I see 2 people have mentioned it. Does that mean It's "all over twitter" these days?
It's mainly coming from Coleraine fans and an "Irish Football insider/fake journo" [emoji23]

Ether way, it's horrendous timing and not what we need at this point of the season.

Screenshot_20190511-115025.jpeg

29 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I'm smelling shite... considering it's a few days away from the Hamilton game, perfect timing for a wind up.

Was in the press recently he was looking at houses. If true would say it's family reasons.  Oran took a year out from teaching so he can go back. 

49 minutes ago, shetland said:

Welcome Home Danny Lennon. 

Was disgracefully sacked by the previous St Mirren Board of Directors. 

James Goodwin in with a decent shout. 

Hello shull.

Hoping there's no truth in the rumours, but if there is Jim Goodwin is the only person they should be going after.

Danny Lennon is a shite football manager who got lucky with the League Cup win and only got Clyde into the play offs by shelving his principles and playing a rapist up front.

24 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Hello shull.

Hoping there's no truth in the rumours, but if there is Jim Goodwin is the only person they should be going after.

Danny Lennon is a shite football manager who got lucky with the League Cup win and only got Clyde into the play offs by shelving his principles and playing a rapist up front.

Jim in the press now ready to be a full time manager. 

1 hour ago, shetland said:

Welcome Home Danny Lennon. 

Was disgracefully sacked by the previous St Mirren Board of Directors. 

James Goodwin in with a decent shout. 

Bullshit. His contract was up and the Board decided not to renew it. Sacking is when a manager is dismissed within his contract period. If a player is released at the end of his contract do you think he has been sacked?

Danny's time was up but Board made a right f**k up by not replacing him with the right man.  The rest is history.

2 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I'm smelling shite... considering it's a few days away from the Hamilton game, perfect timing for a wind up.

You are right on this - when I 1st read your post - I wondered if you were referring to the post before yours...  :spud7

16 minutes ago, shetland said:

The right man was there. He was booted tae f**k out our Club. 

Bring him back. 

Remind me again what other top flight club Danny has managed?  Take the LC win out the equation then our football was brutal and it was time for change. Lovely man with the club in his heart but that's not enough when results were poor. If he was such a good manager now would he, with all respect, not be managing a bigger club that Clyde in the bottom league?

Edited by nedflanders123

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Twitter account Irish League Insider looks  genuine mostly all Irish football. Club needs to nip this in the bud. Oran going no-where or Oran leaving at the end of the season.

He is going nowhere -even for holidays, to Scottish Premiership football grounds, and visits to see friends and families... :guinness

Guest TPAFKATS
Remind me again what other top flight club Danny has managed?  Take the LC win out the equation then our football was brutal and it was time for change. Lovely man with the club in his heart but that's not enough when results were poor. If he was such a good manager now would he, with all respect, not be managing a bigger club that Clyde in the bottom league?

I thought our football under Danny was pretty decent overall and he tried to play a passing game which didn't always work.

Some good league finishes and some poorer ones. Didn't get relegated and as you say he also won a major trophy - our one and only League Cup.

I'd rather watch the football we played under Danny Lennon than Tommy Wright's version of the game.

Lennon's managerial record

2 promotions with Cowdenbeath

League Cup with us

Play offs with Alloa and this season's League 2 Play off Final with Clyde

I'd say better than average and that he's been a bit unlucky not to get another gig with a F/T club.

Our football during his tenure was mainly brutal with two good spells - the first half of 2011/12 and the spell from when Isma arrived until he got done for diving against Celtic. Technically @nedflanders123 is correct and he wasn't sacked but when your departure is announced on the Monday and your Assistant (the brains of the partnership 🙄 ) is given the job the next day it's a bit pedantic.

Still he's a club legend and I'd lay down in a muddy puddle to stop him getting his shoes wet! 

Edited by Bud the Baker

43 minutes ago, shetland said:

Aye, take the League Cup win out of the equation. :lol:

Let's take all Stubb's matches out of the equation apart from the Killie league cup match and big Alan would be the best manager ever. 

Danny Lennon is a St Mirren legend and was treated like shite by management and you. 

Explain how I treated Danny like shite? When Danny left a lot of fans felt the time was right, appreciated the job he did in winning the cup and wished him well. I have always supported the manager and club but the board felt Danny had taken us as far as he could and completely fecked things up by appointing TC. If he had been 'sacked' under contract I could understand your point but he saw out his contract and for whatever reason the Board wanted a change. That's football. On a final point Alex Smith won the Scottish cup in 1987. Did you see any of the football we played the following season? Smith had to go but will always be a legend for our SC win.