Congratulations Oran, Gus and the Players - Part One

You are of course absolutely right.... but SG was not wrong that we needed to go to the next level... I am not defending him, it went the completely wrong way... but I have more hope for the future now than I dod back then... we will see - difficult 2 matches we need to win ...
What "next level"?
That mythical beast is the ruination of many a good thing.

Surely we know that now?

I don’t feel there is a ‘connection’ between Oran & the fans

Someone like Goodwin would have that from the outset like you suggest

Not many would lose sleep if Oran went
I think there is a very real and good "connection"!

JR took things to a whole new level, but that aside, Oran is as good as we have had.

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

What "next level"?
That mythical beast is the ruination of many a good thing.

Surely we know that now?

There are a number of things that are appropriate here but I won't go into them all. However :-

1. The Board did seem to keep cutting back (getting rid of our best players and highest earners - some of it was not in their hands though) then told Danny he was no longer required as his contract ran out. Whether this was essential management to keep us from going into debt, or foolishness as it led to us finishing lower down is the debate on this one. Of course the higher up you finish the prize money is greater etc...

2. In Business risk is the big issue that either brings success or stifles it. Sometimes what seems less risky can have every bit as negative effect on the business. So the idea of getting someone better next was a good one - but instead we cheap-skated it and suffered badly.

3. We ought to be a better club than the relegation places year after year - so we need to aim for say top 7ish (This is the next level for us) and sustainably live their - some years maybe venturing into the top 6, good cup runs and wins from time to time. This relegation battle stuff and yo-yo-ing across the leagues is not where St. Mirren should be. Scraping survival like Hamilton have for years is rubbish too...

Edited by Sweeper07

He either is so stupid (wonder at how he did at school and what job he does now?) and does not check the facts OR is simply trying to hook people in to get some attention.
Either way, there are better things to spend our time on than giving him this attention... 
Thanks for posting the actual facts as opposed to the made up nonsense...  :cheers

Oh dear, you’ve made an arse of it again as Ayrshire has got his facts wrong. Yet again.

As for my job, I probably pay more in tax than you earn.

Now stop stalking me you creepy loser!

:1eye

6 hours ago, st jock said:

Hope he stays. Think it's just some 'in the know' troll looking for attention. Need to keep our focus for tomorrow night.
I see McIntyre has been sacked. Don't know if that's good or bad.

Good for Dundee, bad for him. Irrelevant to us.  

The notion that Ross or ffs Oran have taken us to "the next level" is pish, unless you subscribe to the nextlevel being just above the championship, and games against the mighty Brechin.

we are still bimbiling around championship/ premiership relegation material. We need a board who can see beyond selling an extra stand to sectarianism as a plus to push the club forward. Small minds have small ideas.

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Top 7ish vs staying in the top league.. in our highest position for 25 years? Hmmm. Tough call.

The man earned the right to take us forward.

The football may have been shite at times... But that's top league survival!

That is our "next level*!

There was always that line that 1000 extra fans would make a huge difference to our potential.  I don't know if that still stands but l do think we have seen an increase in the fan base in the last couple of years.  I suppose it would be about sustaining that . .

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

The notion that Ross or ffs Oran have taken us to "the next level" is pish, unless you subscribe to the nextlevel being just above the championship, and games against the mighty Brechin.

we are still bimbiling around championship/ premiership relegation material. We need a board who can see beyond selling an extra stand to sectarianism as a plus to push the club forward. Small minds have small ideas.

AND how successful have you been in life  or in football? 

Aye not at all right? :hammer

Your posts take everyone down about ten levels... cheer up FFS or keep it to yourself  :ph34r:

29 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

There was always that line that 1000 extra fans would make a huge difference to our potential.  I don't know if that still stands but l do think we have seen an increase in the fan base in the last couple of years.  I suppose it would be about sustaining that . .

We were winning far more and standing our own in the top league and the fan base would grow in Paisley . . . the club have work to do on the park, internally AND in the community... but it is all doable . . . :ninja

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

We were winning far more and standing our own in the top league and the fan base would grow in Paisley . . . the club have work to do on the park, internally AND in the community... but it is all doable . . . :ninja

Don't want to put a damper on it

But with Sevco getting stronger and Sellic being successful our fan base won't grow

I remember we were a regular top 5 club and our support wasn't any better than it is now

But with Sevco getting stronger and Sellic being successful our fan base won't grow
I remember we were a regular top 5 club and our support wasn't any better than it is now

& Unfortunately if Donkeycaster gets his way and the Colts teams are admitted , more fringe Bigots who’s giro doesn’t stretch to tickets to the Glasgow scumdomes will find it easier to go watch ‘their teams” play against the likes of QP rather than being enticed away from the dark side to watch the mighty Buds.

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Understand where you are coming from - but nothing is static or limited by the past . . . :cheers

No one thought Ferguson would take the crowd from 1500 to 15000 but he did. Attaching football and total belief persuaded many buddies to stay local. We can do that again and this time we only need to get half the number to fill the new ground. We can do that again and staying up would mean 3 pretty exciting seasons[emoji120] COYS!

19 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Jesus give it a rest with the board bashing and two stands thing, it’s done.  :lol:

25 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Says the man who believes everyone is entitled to express their opinion!
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Is it now only if you agree with it?
emoji14.pngemoji38.png

Oh look it’s my stalker going out his way to contradict another one of my posts. :rolleyes:

if you look a wee bit closer though you’ll see at no point did I say he wasn’t allowed his opinion, just that he bangs on with the same anti-SMFC board point all the time.

You’ll be used to being wrong when responding to me though so I doubt this will have much impact on your life :lol:

No one thought Ferguson would take the crowd from 1500 to 15000 but he did. Attaching football and total belief persuaded many buddies to stay local. We can do that again and this time we only need to get half the number to fill the new ground. We can do that again and staying up would mean 3 pretty exciting seasons[emoji120] COYS!
The last two have got my son hooked. Even through this season.

Oh look it’s my stalker going out his way to contradict another one of my posts. :rolleyes:
if you look a wee bit closer though you’ll see at no point did I say he wasn’t allowed his opinion, just that he bangs on with the same anti-SMFC board point all the time.
You’ll be used to being wrong when responding to me though so I doubt this will have much impact on your life [emoji38]
Beeeeeep beeeeeep beeeeeep beeeeeep... Warning... Poster reversing... Warning... Poster reversing... ... [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

You’ll be used to being wrong when responding to me though so I doubt this will have much impact on your life [emoji38]
What part of "give it a rest" means please continue to express your opinion?

Go on... Give me a laugh as you spin this one pants on fire boy.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]