Which two clubs?

Bud the Baker

Erm, looks to me like the Beeb are missing the real agenda.....:whistle

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48179898?__twitter_impression=true

The Scottish Championship could be a 12-team league for the 2020-21 season under a potential league shake-up.

Prolonged talks have taken place between Scottish Professional Football League clubs over expanding the Scottish second tier by two teams.

Discussed proposals include adding two colts team to make a 44-club pyramid or merging Leagues One and Two.

The set-up could result in Championship sides playing each other four times across 44 games per season.

It is understood discussions have taken place and that, if agreed at this season's SPFL annual meeting, new measures could be in place in just over a year's time.

The current system has been in place for six years.

To facilitate a potential change to the structure of the Scottish game, options that are being considered include:

• No relegation from next season's Championship, with the top two teams in League One receiving automatic promotion.
  • Retaining Leagues One and Two in their current format with one club from the Highland League and one from the Lowland League entering.
  • Introducing two colt teams from Premiership clubs.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

To propose changing the entire structure of the lower leagues to accommodate OF colts is totally farcical.
Get it tae f**k.

Could benefit the lower league clubs, possible add a few hundred to their crowds but it should be optional to all clubs to have their colt teams playing in the league

4 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
6 minutes ago, chalky1 said:
Could benefit the lower league clubs, possible add a few hundred to their crowds but it should be optional to all clubs to have their colt teams playing in the league

Theres absolutely no evidence that would happen given their crowds in the Challenge Cup.

Possibly, I'm just looking at it that some OF fans might go along if the game is local and it's a lower league game rather than a smaller cup game. that's all.

If ‘Old Firm’ colt sides are admitted to the Scottish football senior league system, and they are the only two colt sides to appear in it, then I’m finished with Scottish football, and despite my long love affair with St Mirren, I want no part of what would frankly be a sickening development in our top level national game.

The entire country may as well just switch the lights off before taking it up the arse from Lawell and King.

Pains me to say it, but just my personal view, I would simply be finished with Scottish senior football, and after a while, I’d just become another ‘lapsed’ St Mirren fan.

Let’s hope this disgusting scenario never comes to pass. FTOF.

20 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If ‘Old Firm’ colt sides are admitted to the Scottish football senior league system, and they are the only two colt sides to appear in it, then I’m finished with Scottish football, and despite my long love affair with St Mirren, I want no part of what would frankly be a sickening development in our top level national game.

The entire country may as well just switch the lights off before taking it up the arse from Lawell and King.

Pains me to say it, but just my personal view, I would simply be finished with Scottish senior football, and after a while, I’d just become another ‘lapsed’ St Mirren fan.

I am not far behind you on this..........................

McInnes, Clark have been abused and humiliated by the sectarian scum and yet the SFA doesnt back them. Sevco wont do a guard of honour to Septic , sums both teams up.... but also shows up te SFA for what they truely are SOFA

Seriously,the major plus if it all goes Pete Tong for us, we wont have those Orcs visting us next season .

47 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

With you 100% have watched st mirren for over 55 years and the first year the old firm reserves come in us my last.

Guest TPAFKATS
With you 100% have watched st mirren for over 55 years and the first year the old firm reserves come in us my last.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts too.

f**k Cockwomble and his colt ideas.

Clubs like Spartans have wanted to join the League for years but they are to be denied a place so OF colts can join to bring their bile and hatred to the lower Leagues? The Challenge Cup proved their is no appetite from supporters as many games involving colt teams had attendances in double figures. Colt teams were soundly beaten in competitive matches in that tournament anyway as the gap was far too big. And if there are 2 clubs in Scotland that rarely give youth a chance it is the OF. When the new Rangers started out they were in lower leagues but did not play young players. Instead they spent a fortune on experienced players as Rangers do not give young players a chance.

There are 18 colt teams in Scotland but the 2 teams to be introduced are the OF colts? These colts are to have the 'advantage' of playing 'competitive' football over all the other colt teams making the big clubs stronger and the wee clubs weaker? The colt teams to get their share of the prize pot as well?

It makes a mockery of Scottish football when established Clubs have to play games at the likes of Murray Park and Lennoxtown.

f**k Cockwmble and his colts.

Edit to add: I hope our Club ask SMiSA and the Fans Trust for opinion before they vote on this issue.

Edited by Sonny

10 hours ago, thepaisleypanda said:

Obvious question, What happens  if Celtic/ Sevco "Colts" won a league and got promoted??  :blink:

Probably the same as in other European countries that use the system - the can't be promoted beyond a certain level, usually one or two divisions below the top one.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Probably the same as in other European countries that use the system - the can't be promoted beyond a certain level, usually one or two divisions below the top one.

It makes winning a League a farce.

On 5/7/2019 at 1:42 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

To propose changing the entire structure of the lower leagues to accommodate OF colts is totally farcical.
Get it tae f**k.

What explanation could they dream up to convince us of it being right when the eyepox team go bust again that they have 8 home games against their Colt team?