Dundee v St, Mirren, Sat 18th May 12:30pm

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

One last big push. One more "cup final". A final effort from the squad. After that we just need to hope Accies can't pick themselves up.

It really is a big ask and, if we don't get the results it could actually work against us for the play off final.

IF we had drawn or lost last night we would have rested our important players for the final. As it is we need to play them v Dundee. If it's United who prevail, they would have played the same number of league games as us and will have had an extra day to rest up. In saying this, I feel we are a different side from the one who were defeated in the cup by the tangerines.

If Hamilton beat the Fakes it will be a travesty - they are not a good side. They have conceded more goals and scored less than all other Premiership teams.

They are thugs not footballers... I think that like last night they will try to stifle the Fakes and hope for a draw, or perhaps get a goal on the break...

I also believe that if we win, we will not be in the play-offs... but the proof is in the pudding come next weekend.... :turtle

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Dundee have said no and have given us the max allocation. Only SMFC will be selling tickets so anyone going without one on Saturday will probably be looking at paying into their main stand (assuming they allow that)

That is what I was meaning - as long as you are not overtly dressed in B & W there will be lots of space in their stands...

11 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

If Hamilton beat the Fakes it will be a travesty - they are not a good side. They have conceded more goals and scored less than all other Premiership teams.

They are thugs not footballers... I think that like last night they will try to stifle the Fakes and hope for a draw, or perhaps get a goal on the break...

I also believe that if we win, we will not be in the play-offs... but the proof is in the pudding come next weekend.... :turtle

Seem to remember Wimbledon beating Liverpool.

If they have more points than us Sat at 2.30pm then they deserve 10th

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Seem to remember Wimbledon beating Liverpool.

If they have more points than us Sat at 2.30pm then they deserve 10th

Yes agree - though the momentum is not with them - they fell last night at their 1st attempt, when even a draw would have been good enough - now they have to pull off a result against the Fakes. If the Fakes even play average for them, they are far better than Hamilton - but as you say, when backs are against the wall, odd results can emerge...

This is our fairy tale ending - staying safe in the last game... far better than play-offs - get the players away on holiday earlier and get the new players signed earlier..

30 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Bit risky hoping for or playing for a draw. A win for us would put them into play off spot.

18 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yes agree - though the momentum is not with them - they fell last night at their 1st attempt, when even a draw would have been good enough - now they have to pull off a result against the Fakes. If the Fakes even play average for them, they are far better than Hamilton - but as you say, when backs are against the wall, odd results can emerge...

This is our fairy tale ending - staying safe in the last game... far better than play-offs - get the players away on holiday earlier and get the new players signed earlier..

Last night whilst glorious did have its scares especailly after 3 minutes where one ball went straight thru us and only crap finishing stopped us being one down, we seem to have big holes in our defence.........................

My concern and its due to history.....

Fakes laid down and died v United in 2000 , 2 up losing 3-2 consigning us to drop

My thought here is, Tommy Wright hates plastic pitches and may see this as a chance to get shot of one.

Basically god knows- as long as we show same endeavour I will be happy

We would have taken this scenerio 2 months ago

36 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Bit risky hoping for or playing for a draw. A win for us would put them into play off spot.

I don't think we should be playing Dee for a draw either - the win is there for the taking, but not a given. Attitude and concentration is vital.

I agree - a win for us really ought to put them in the play-offs.

Edited by Sweeper07

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

My worry is if Accies get physical against the fakes!

We stood up to it.
We had to.

Will Perth players risk injury with nothing more than a win bonus at stake?

The Fakes are a physically strong outfit too.

Best team in the bottom half and no decent footballer wants to play without trying to win. Win bonus and finishing the season on a high and get this plastic pitch out of the top league etc etc. There will be a few Fakes players still trying to get a contract for next season too...

I only hope they don't play too many inexperienced players just to give them 1st team experience...

Sensing a potential ticket buying fiasco here. My advice! Order online get them posted to you. If there are any traffic issues Saturday morning it will be v busy approaching kick off, especially as i cant see Dundee not trying to get their hands on as many buddies £24 as they can!

Fitzy reckons we will take 4000..!

30 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Actually another thought

With Dee down Fakes will want United up, so that will be their incentive (maybe)

As I am not LPM, I musts state this is only MY thoughts :whistle 

1st and foremost, the Fakes players will want to win - bonuses, pride, bragging rites, momentum etc... The management team will want to win. They might even give one or two younger guys a chance of game time and they will want to contribute to a win. as well

2nd, Hamilton are crap. Defensively and offensively.

3rd Yes having Utd or ICT is a better option than keeping plastic pitch, few fans, Hamilton in the league... 

4th Hamilton will be hoping we slip up ….

Sensing a potential ticket buying fiasco here. My advice! Order online get them posted to you. If there are any traffic issues Saturday morning it will be v busy approaching kick off, especially as i cant see Dundee not trying to get their hands on as many buddies £24 as they can!

I’d be surprised if there’s no on-the-day demand for tickets, but it’ll be Dundee’s call on whether they’ll offer it.

Assume the club will do a late opening on Thursday as well.

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

That's the same Fitzy who announced on the radio last night there were only 200 tickets left for the home stands an hour before ko - he really is a class A bullsh1tter !!!

38 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

That's the same Fitzy who announced on the radio last night there were only 200 tickets left for the home stands an hour before ko - he really is a class A bullsh1tter !!!

A really nice bloke and a club legend but an absolute embarrassment to the role he is in. The media love him due to ridiculous statement after statement. 

40 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

We're gonnae sta-aaay

we're gonnae sta-aaay

in the premier league

we're gonnae sta-aaay

how did we do it?

i don't know

whose going down?

l don't care....

all i know is we are gonnae sta-aaaaaaay!

Sudden optimism - despite us "having a duff manager from a lower league" (I am paraphrasing you on this one)

Has the wind changed direction?

:turtle

55 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

A really nice bloke and a club legend but an absolute embarrassment to the role he is in. The media love him due to ridiculous statement after statement. 

IT is true - it would be easy to improve on him in his role for sure... but love what the guy has done positively  for us over the years too.

No time for sentiment though - upwards and onwards - this is business and we need to mean business for the future . . .