Dundee v St, Mirren, Sat 18th May 12:30pm

2 hours ago, Iamhammer said:

Seen that in the local Perth press, two at 16 and two at 17 year old.  Hope we make them suffer for it next year

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Accies should beat St Johnstone's youth team comfortably tbh

We will have to wait and see... will he have young lads in the 1st 11 or among the 7 subs...

A good manager would want to give them some game time - but maybe after they are 2 or 3 in front...  :spud7

38 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We will have to wait and see... will he have young lads in the 1st 11 or among the 7 subs...

A good manager would want to give them some game time - but maybe after they are 2 or 3 in front...  :spud7

I like your line of thought!

49 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Looks like from the start he’s sent Kennedy on holiday and has three others one booking away from missing the start of the season.  

Wright is not going to play players who he doesn't feel can make the step up.

Those players will also be desperate to make an impression with nothing at stake in the league.

We shouldn't be so sure that Hamilton will win.

Anyway, St J have earned to right to play whatever players they want.

1 hour ago, Iamhammer said:

Looks like from the start he’s sent Kennedy on holiday and has three others one booking away from missing the start of the season.  

On their website they have SIX 1st team strikers listed - so if Kennedy is away that still leaves plenty...

They also have 10 midfielders and 9 defenders..

Now I don't know who all are a booking away from a suspension, but they could just behave or be replaced by other 1st team guys . . .

Cannot see them putting in 2, 16 year olds and 2, 17 year olds in the 1st 11 . . .

I think it will be a bluff in support of a fellow Irish manager . . . we don't have long to wait till we know for sure . . . :ninja 

Wright is not going to play players who he doesn't feel can make the step up.
Those players will also be desperate to make an impression with nothing at stake in the league.
We shouldn't be so sure that Hamilton will win.
Anyway, St J have earned to right to play whatever players they want.
I am pretty sure there was a team got in trouble a few years ago for not playing its strongest team
It is simply not fair to any team who would find themselves in the same situation as we are St Johnstone are simply handing survival to them on a plate and it should not be allowed if we are going to end up in play off at least let it be by fair play and not by some team not competing properly.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

On their website they have SIX 1st team strikers listed - so if Kennedy is away that still leaves plenty...

They also have 10 midfielders and 9 defenders..

Now I don't know who all are a booking away from a suspension, but they could just behave or be replaced by other 1st team guys . . .

Cannot see them putting in 2, 16 year olds and 2, 17 year olds in the 1st 11 . . .

I think it will be a bluff in support of a fellow Irish manager . . . we don't have long to wait till we know for sure . . . :ninja 

Don’t know if it’s a bluff but the guy who emailed me the paper quote and tweet is now saying it’s a photoshop wind up.  So now have no idea at all if it’s true or not 

I am pretty sure there was a team got in trouble a few years ago for not playing its strongest team
It is simply not fair to any team who would find themselves in the same situation as we are St Johnstone are simply handing survival to them on a plate and it should not be allowed if we are going to end up in play off at least let it be by fair play and not by some team not competing properly.

I get what you’re saying, however.
Some on here were complaining not so long ago that Kearney played a reserve team (which others defended) against a Celtic second string.
Maybe not to our liking, but Tommy Wright can pick whatever team he wants, he owes us nothing. We need to take care of Dundee and hope the other Saints do us a turn. Hamilton are at least one player down from Monday (Red card) and potentially the chap Miller (dislocated shoulder I believe) who I also believe is their top scorer.

COYS. [emoji469][emoji469][emoji469]

Was there no a big pre-match stooshie on here during the Championship relegation battle run in when some team (was it Raith Rovers?) stated they were going to field a weakened team against Ayr?
IIRR the weakened Rovers team beat Ayr anyway.
It was an outfield player playing goalkeeper (might have been Ryan Stevenson) for Raith and unsurprisingly Ayr won the game. Slightly different scenario. We need to forget the Hamilton game and focus solely on winning our game. Some seem to think Dundee will be a gimme, it will be anything but !

3 hours ago, Iamhammer said:

Don’t know if it’s a bluff but the guy who emailed me the paper quote and tweet is now saying it’s a photoshop wind up.  So now have no idea at all if it’s true or not 

I wondered cause I couldn't find it anywhere . . . cheers though for your honesty in this... :cheers

Still think Fakes will be good enough to beat Accies.

When teams field weakened line-ups and move into "holiday mode" they generally lose. See St Mirren last season playing Falkirk twice in the final games of last season.

eta - I don't actually see any reliable source suggesting St Johnstone will play a weakened time though. We will find out on Saturday morning.

As has been mentioned above - it is far from guaranteed that we will take anything from Dens Park either! 

Edited by Kemp

10 hours ago, elvis said:

We got ourselves in this situation and we are responsible for getting ourselves out of it.

We've had 37 games to get control over our fate. It's too late to be obsessing over anything other than beating Dundee.

Take your negativity elsewhere bud.

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm sure the Tommy Wright interview was made up by a poster on Pie and bovril. 

There's no press release I can see that confirms he's going with a weakened side. 

Seems to be the case. Reeled in quite a few hook, line and sinker. And Elvis couldn't get over here fast enough to use it as further evidence that we're doooomed

Funny how the other "made up shite" about Kearney leaving came from some sadcase with a few hundred followers on twitter trying to pass himself off as some "in the know" expert also made it on to this website in double quick time with the usual suspects taking great glee in it as a sign of trouble for St Mirren.

I really think there could be an extensive research paper in the behaviour of Elvis, LPM etc on this website.

34 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Seems to be the case. Reeled in quite a few hook, line and sinker. And Elvis couldn't get over here fast enough to use it as further evidence that we're doooomed

Funny how the other "made up shite" about Kearney leaving came from some sadcase with a few hundred followers on twitter trying to pass himself off as some "in the know" expert also made it on to this website in double quick time with the usual suspects taking great glee in it as a sign of trouble for St Mirren.

I really think there could be an extensive research paper in the behaviour of Elvis, LPM etc on this website.

Yeah perhaps that research paper could include quotes from Fitzy and Kearney on why BOTH of them refused, point blank to state Kearney was staying to honour his contract, and was building for next season?

I dont know who the source was, it was followed up by the media, and never knocked on the head by those directly involved.

Yeah perhaps that research paper could include quotes from Fitzy and Kearney on why BOTH of them refused, point blank to state Kearney was staying to honour his contract, and was building for next season?
I dont know who the source was, it was followed up by the media, and never knocked on the head by those directly involved.
No one can comment on next season before we know our fate this season. There can be no planning or building until we know what division we will be playing in so both are quite right to say very little (especially given the source) and concentrate on beating Dundee. It would be madness to even contemplate opening any debate on the future, it's the here and now that is the focus.

8 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I wondered cause I couldn't find it anywhere . . . cheers though for your honesty in this... :cheers

I don't know about the honesty bit, I've sgned  the shit that that sent me the info up to a gay dating website using his wifes email address.  Don't think I'll be owning up to that