Dundee v St, Mirren, Sat 18th May 12:30pm

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah perhaps that research paper could include quotes from Fitzy and Kearney on why BOTH of them refused, point blank to state Kearney was staying to honour his contract, and was building for next season?

I dont know who the source was, it was followed up by the media, and never knocked on the head by those directly involved.

Only going to know the answer to that after Saturday's result. (or play off).

Edited by pod

53 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
Yeah perhaps that research paper could include quotes from Fitzy and Kearney on why BOTH of them refused, point blank to state Kearney was staying to honour his contract, and was building for next season?
I dont know who the source was, it was followed up by the media, and never knocked on the head by those directly involved.

No one can comment on next season before we know our fate this season. There can be no planning or building until we know what division we will be playing in so both are quite right to say very little (especially given the source) and concentrate on beating Dundee. It would be madness to even contemplate opening any debate on the future, it's the here and now that is the focus.

Well that dont fly as Kearney asked for, and got a three year deal! If he, and the club have not already set plans for next season then maybe he should go back to Coleraine?

17 minutes ago, pod said:

Only going to know the answer to that after Saturday's result. (or play off).

Kinda what i thought to. I see the possible outcomes between:

A - Kearney has already decided its not for him, and wants his life back in Ireland, given he's never going to move his family over? (As per his contract clause compo for either party only due till season end like Stubbs. So he walks, we get nowt,but owe nowt)

B - Kearney might stay if we secure premiership status on Saturday or by the 26th?

C - Kearney, having noted how easy it was for Ross to get multiple wage rises from the board, is playing them to see if they panic over losing him, and offer more wonga? (He could make that more evocative by underlining the fact he is away from his family, has added expenses etc..etc..)

D - Kearney believes his stock has risen, and has broadcast (via the back to Ireland source) a "come and get me" invite to any 'bigger' club?

like i said either he, or Fitzy could have confirmed he will be the manager next season end of! Half a dozen simple words neither could bring themselves to commit to. How many times have we seen this in football? Just read back on Ross interviews when the rumours were rife ffs.

Seems to be the case. Reeled in quite a few hook, line and sinker. And Elvis couldn't get over here fast enough to use it as further evidence that we're doooomed

Funny how the other "made up shite" about Kearney leaving came from some sadcase with a few hundred followers on twitter trying to pass himself off as some "in the know" expert also made it on to this website in double quick time with the usual suspects taking great glee in it as a sign of trouble for St Mirren.

I really think there could be an extensive research paper in the behaviour of Elvis, LPM etc on this website.

f**k sake you for real.

44 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

A - Kearney has already decided its not for him, and wants his life back in Ireland, given he's never going to move his family over? (As per his contract clause compo for either party only due till season end like Stubbs. So he walks, we get nowt,but owe nowt)

B - Kearney might stay if we secure premiership status on Saturday or by the 26th?

C - Kearney, having noted how easy it was for Ross to get multiple wage rises from the board, is playing them to see if they panic over losing him, and offer more wonga? (He could make that more evocative by underlining the fact he is away from his family, has added expenses etc..etc..)

D - Kearney believes his stock has risen, and has broadcast (via the back to Ireland source) a "come and get me" invite to any 'bigger' club?

like i said either he, or Fitzy could have confirmed he will be the manager next season end of! Half a dozen simple words neither could bring themselves to commit to. How many times have we seen this in football? Just read back on Ross interviews when the rumours were rife ffs.

Given the right outcome, I believe OK will still be here and the players will immediately know who's remaining, going and offered new contracts. Hopefully with limited decision.  My opinion. 

20 hours ago, elvis said:

St Johnstone going with a bunch of kids on Saturday manager said Kearny would do the same I thought the rules were you have to go with your strongest team.

Tommy Wright was at our game on Monday with his  assistant . Wright was taking notes all through the game wonder why he would do that  :rolleyes:

Tommy Wright was at our game on Monday with his  assistant . Wright was taking notes all through the game wonder why he would do that  :rolleyes:
I am only telling what I read on p/b but I apologise as seemingly it was a very good wind up that hooked a lot of people. So once again sorry.

18 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

He is trawling for new players - where better than a team that sits below you, pays low wages and has some very good players to poach?  :magic

Well that dont fly as Kearney asked for, and got a three year deal! If he, and the club have not already set plans for next season then maybe he should go back to Coleraine?

He could have a ten year contract and it could be Klopp in the post would make no difference. No plans can be made for next season until we know what league we will be playing in. Absolute basic management and budgeting requirement. Everyone needs to concentrate on the job in hand.

The only person who wants a decision is you - you seem to be the only person concerned !!!!

For the same reason that no players have been committed to or otherwise for next season. We deal with it when the season ends. 

It's really not difficult to figure out why no comment is being made over the manager's future at a point in the season where no distractions are needed.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

For the same reason that no players have been committed to or otherwise for next season. We deal with it when the season ends. 

It's really not difficult to figure out why no comment is being made over the manager's future at a point in the season where no distractions are needed.

It's really not difficult to figure out why no comment is being made - we all get that but he clearly does not . . . it it fear, stupidity or simply seeking to yank our chains? Who cares...

3 points against Dee to finish the season on a high and with bigger expectations for next season . . . :ninja

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

He is trawling for new players - where better than a team that sits below you, pays low wages and has some very good players to poach?  :magic

Hope not. We have better players than Hamilton.   So who would you want relegated if you were right. Sorry, I meant Wright. :whistle 

2 hours ago, pod said:

Hope not. We have better players than Hamilton.   So who would you want relegated if you were right. Sorry, I meant Wright. :whistle 

Wright will have looked over both side's players all season - he would be doing the same last Monday too.

He is still waiting for his keeper to re-sign ; he is looking for at least one defender (Heard that Ziggy Gordon is a possibility for him, but not sure if this is only a rumour or a fact, but from a guy who is actually often in the know) ; 

He will be signing midfielders and forwards too - but don't think he will be looking at either of us for strikers. (Maybe Oakley - but I doubt it)

He is also unlikely to pay a signing fee for a player either. So Hladky, Magennis, Popescu, The McGinns, Baird and Flynn are out.

One possibility is MacKenzie if we agreed to terminate his contract (or is it up anyway?) The other is trying to get McAllister on loan for them next season.

Not sure if he would be interested in any other Hamilton player though . . .

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Apart from him signing a three year deal, and revusing to commit to season two, aye..!

5 hours ago, Kemp said:

Seems to be the case. Reeled in quite a few hook, line and sinker. And Elvis couldn't get over here fast enough to use it as further evidence that we're doooomed

Funny how the other "made up shite" about Kearney leaving came from some sadcase with a few hundred followers on twitter trying to pass himself off as some "in the know" expert also made it on to this website in double quick time with the usual suspects taking great glee in it as a sign of trouble for St Mirren.

I really think there could be an extensive research paper in the behaviour of Elvis, LPM etc on this website.

The longest bit of such research would be reading all their cr*ppy posts - the results would not take very long to categorise the personality in Elvis's case, and the fact that LPM does not have one in his case . . .  

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think you will find there are a lot of buddies bemused that the guy with a three year contract wont tell us he is here next season. Whats difficult about saying that?

Our biggest game of the season is on Saturday.

Personally, I couldn't give a f**k who is staying or who is going next season beyond that match.

31 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think you will find there are a lot of buddies bemused that the guy with a three year contract wont tell us he is here next season. Whats difficult about saying that?

30 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Apart from him signing a three year deal, and revusing to commit to season two, aye..!

I only see you questioning his integrity. He has a 3 year contract which no one is questioning bar yourself and some no mark anonymous source on the internet. Why should he have to say a thing when he has the biggest game of the season to prepare for ???

I have a permanent contract in my job but I could walk from that tomorrow if I wanted as could most folk currently in a job. If someone put an anonymous post on social media that I was thinking of leaving my post would I feel compelled to confirm or deny that, no I would not !