Dundee v St, Mirren, Sat 18th May 12:30pm

It is what it is. At least we got the win on our end, keeps the momentum and we don’t come out with any regrets from today’s effort.

If you had said to us after the Stubbs debacle we’d be in the playoffs, miss out on safety by 1 point, and finish 11 points clear of Dundee, you’d bite their hand off for it.

Bring on Dundee United...lets give the Championship the Dundee Derby.

We have enough about us to beat Dundee United. McAllister, Magennis, McGinn and Flynn should be able to cause the problems.

However once again we just looked so pedestrian for long spells. I'm really baffled by how poorly we play sometimes, hopefully Thursday we see Cooke start & a lot more urgency in the performance.

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What are you basing this on? :blink:

Serious question?

We have lost once in our last 8 games.

We've won 4 of those and drawn 3. for 15 points out of the last 24 against a significantly higher class of opponent than Dundee Utd have been facing. That is top-6 form right there. By next Sunday Utd will have played two midweek games in a row. Utd have also been plagued by hit and miss results all season against much weaker opposition.

We SHOULD be expecting to win over the two games.

What bit of that are you struggling with?

We have enough about us to beat Dundee United. McAllister, Magennis, McGinn and Flynn should be able to cause the problems.
However once again we just looked so pedestrian for long spells. I'm really baffled by how poorly we play sometimes, hopefully Thursday we see Cooke start & a lot more urgency in the performance.
That's my worry.
With intensity and pace, we are a match for anyone.

At the pace of the first half, we are toothless up front and easily beaten at the back.

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

^^^^ THIS definitely.

We do have enough to overcome them, but we will need to be at our best. This lethargic, predictable tempo is Championship level..

Time for the big boys to step up. Cooke was killer today - is he better on from the start or to bring on?

Did Hodson do enough today to see Lyons on the bench?

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

That's my worry.

At the pace of the first half, we are toothless up front and easily beaten at the back.

I think Muzek will drop out for Hodson after the mistake for the opening goal.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

That's my worry.

It's because we are playing one small guy up front and then attempting to bypass the midfield.

It's because of nerves I think. Once we calm down we look excellent.

As said above, we could have been in Dundee's position today.

Let's hope we all focus on the positive fact that survival is absolutely in our hands now.

Utd won't be free of nerves on Thursday. They NEED to get up this time. If their players were capable of handling intense pressure they wouldn't be in the league below us right now.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Serious question?

We have lost once in our last 8 games.

We've won 4 of those and drawn 3. for 15 points out of the last 24 against a significantly higher class of opponent than Dundee Utd have been facing. That is top-6 form right there. By next Sunday Utd will have played two midweek games in a row. Utd have also been plagued by hit and miss results all season against much weaker opposition.

We SHOULD be expecting to win over the two games.

What bit of that are you struggling with?

To make any decent prediction you need to know something about the opposition.

TBH you know nothing about how football works, you show it again. :byebye

15 points from the last 24. What a f**king finish.

I'm not sure what more our boys could have done TBH.

I'm still feeling waves of relief that we have not been automatically relegated and now have a chance of completely controlling our own fortune again for the first time all season.

First half, a team that were lost, 2nd half, and credit to the manager and players, a different team.
Dundee United will be a very difficult team to beat over the 2 legs.
First game in Dundee is crucial, a draw would do me right now. 

Nip over to one of the THREE United threads share your thoughts [emoji2]

He's been pretty much as I expected "not ready for first team football" even after a full season (all butt) :booty - I still say we'd have been better off signing a "proper" footballer but given the circumstances he's our best option.
I stand by my opinion that the only thing that prepares you for first team football is first team football.

[emoji1]

FT 2-3

As expected when playing against ten men for that long, we came back and won.

As expected, Hamilton won and it was an irrelevance.

Hamilton were better than us and above us all season and the league table doesn’t lie. We finished where we deserved to.

Cody Cooke hat trick though, loving it. He’s the best of our 4 strikers imo (low bar but even still). Must start him on Thursday, like the look of him, hope and expect he will be here next season.

Enjoyed the Dundee Derry Boys song ‘ You’re going down with the Dundee, down with the Dundee ‘

Probably, bet you wish we weren’t though.

I’d have given Cooke his chance months ago. He always looked sharp when coming off the bench, big lump of a boy, defenders nightmare. He has to start on Thursday now.
Hopefully Jackson will be fit for that one as I can’t see Nazon being a game changer.

18 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I think Muzek will drop out for Hodson after the mistake for the opening goal.

Muzek has been at fault for a goal twice in half a season. The rest of the time he has been very decent indeed.

Hodson is not so good at LB and Erhahon is not a better LB

I see Hodson either repeating today by coming on for Lyons OR starting ahead of him...

1 minute ago, Russian Saint said:

I’d have given Cooke his chance months ago. He always looked sharp when coming off the bench, big lump of a boy, defenders nightmare. He has to start on Thursday now.

Hopefully Jackson will be fit for that one as I can’t see Nazon being a game changer.

Does Cooke have it for 90 minutes? Perhaps that is why he has been brought on mainly... He did fabulous today... so lok forward to seeing what OK does on Thursday...

At least our LADS can keep their heads held high

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Predictable boring insults from you.

Do us all a favour and log off for a while while the rest of us discuss the football.

Who is this "us" that you think you are speaking for?

Think a lot of yourself don't you? 😁

23 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Is it a full moon btw? The usual forum zoomers seemed to go into overdrive today.

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

TBF, you are most definitely one of them.

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Predictable boring insults from you.

Do us all a favour and log off for a while while the rest of us discuss the football.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. :lol::lol::lol:

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Were United that good v Caley? Bring our A game we are much better. 3 loses in 13..... 3 wins 3 draws last 6. Confident but Cooke must start. Lyons no thanks

It was Lyons winning the ball that caused Dundee to go down to 10 men. However, I do generally agree. Cooke should start with either Jackson or Mullen in behind them.