Dundee v St, Mirren, Sat 18th May 12:30pm

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

emoji1.png

Just watched BT after the game Cook the manager said to me - go make a name for yourself. Cook done it. During the game the commentator said - Well you can see who is going to lead the line next season for St Mirren.  Cook could go down in the history books if he has goals against United. Has to start on Thu as long as we are high tempo we can get a result. At home not overly worried . 

Ended in amongst the "young team" and the drum today.:lol:

Great to see  supporters of the club, showing such passion and commitment towards the club.

Unlike the pathetic attention seeking little wanker.

Edited by FTOF

Felt we were pretty rubbish today all in all. Wrong lineup to start with, we are crying out for someone who can win a high ball so lord alone knows why Cooke didn't start- every high ball was meat and drink to the Dundee defence. 

Quite glad they went down to 10 and have a bombscare in goals without that I think it would have been a real struggle. We'll have to be much better against United. 

34 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So they said... " no way LPM... he's a feckin Stubbs signing. He's push, you're delusional ya trumpet"
Step up Cody f**kin Cooke, and take a bow In front of all these "real football experts"   ... what a bunch of tits!

You are not getting many bites today. After lauding Stubbs well past his sell buy date - your boast is Stubbs could spot a player...  Has bloody ha -  King, KP, BM, and all the others we have to offload or certain doom was ours for the rest of the season. 

There is a song that 2 out of 3 ain't bad -  But 2 or 3 out of 11 is NO WHERE GOOD ENOUGH at any professional level. :moony2

OK so we are not yet safe - but 32 points after being on 12 at the end of January is a huge improvement - AND as said before (Though you continue to ignore it) Oran has built a better squad by including folks who were here with his new signings... instead of telling them they had achieved nothing . . .  :hammer

Lastly, What has Cooke contributed since February? His goals today won the match (but the rest of the TEAM also made contributions - many of them for 90 minutes) - but the result was immaterial as Hamilton won anyway. How many minutes has he played ? Oran and the coaches have been improving him, and as a good solid decent lad, he is improving.  

I have no problem is he plays in the play-off and he may well be the answer in the future... IF he turns good and we get something back from the squandering Stubbs did to us - surely that is a very good thing?

Dundee Utd big favourites for me.

Only seen them once this year.
That was in the Scottish cup in February.

They came to Paisley and beat us easy, despite going down to 10 men.

Have they got worse since then? Hope so, if not we’re f**ked.

Just got home after a few beers. Strange game today. Atmosphere was great. Had a few ups and downs, but Accies, or bloody St Johnstone took a bit of the drama out of it due to when their goals went in.
Thought we were poor 11 v 11. Their forwards were dropping in the hole unmarked and their midfield were running the game. No surprise when they went ahead.
Looked a correct red for them from where we were sitting.
Second half was much better. Big Cody did the business and should start Thursday. Thought today was too little too late, but kept the momentum going and the fight back deserves credit . Disappointing that St Johnstone didn’t help us out today, but we only have ourselves to blame.
Thought the ref did us a big favour not sending off Popescu. He tripped a Dundee player charging through the middle and was already on a yellow.
Strange old day, but the team delivered another result and the fans were tremendous.

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

The old "you'd rather see us lose routine" - wish I could say I expected better from you Cap'n. :P

I'd say the jury's still very much out on Cooke although I was clearly right on him being the best option available - like I said being able to repeat it against United would make me change my ind.

As for Stubbs what is it 1 possible out of 9 or 10 - no manager with his strike rate can expect to last a season. 

Stubbs made 11 signings: 1. Danny Rodgers (loan) 2. Lee Hodson (loan) 3. Hayden Coulson (loan) 4. Cole Kpekawa (3 year deal) 5. Josh Heaton (3 year deal) 6. Alfie Jones (loan). 7. Matty Willock (loan) 8. Ryan Edwards (loan) 9. Jeff King (2 year deal) 10. Nicolai Brock-Madsen (loan) 11. saving the best until last - Cody Cooke (2 year deal). Stubbsy also twice tried to sign 38 year old Kenny Miller on a 2 year deal!

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Stubbs made 11 signings: 1. Danny Rodgers (loan) 2. Lee Hodson (loan) 3. Hayden Coulson (loan) 4. Cole Kpekawa (3 year deal) 5. Josh Heaton (3 year deal) 6. Alfie Jones (loan). 7. Matty Willock (loan) 8. Ryan Edwards (loan) 9. Jeff King (2 year deal) 10. Nicolai Brock-Madsen (loan) 11. saving the best until last - Cody Cooke (2 year deal). Stubbsy also twice tried to sign 38 year old Kenny Miller on a 2 year deal!

I forgot about Hodson, chalk him up as another positive for Stubbs. :1eye

Like I said it was off the top of my head, I've reached that age when gaps start to appear in the memory - go easy on me! :spud5

17 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I forgot about Hodson, chalk him up as another positive for Stubbs. :1eye

Like I said it was off the top of my head, I've reached that age when gaps start to appear in the memory - go easy on me! :spud5

I think Hodson was signed because he wasn't sure about a player inherited from Jack Ross: Paul McGinn. I wouldn't say Hodson has been greatly missed since Oran had his own team in place.

11 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Just got home after a few beers. Strange game today. Atmosphere was great. Had a few ups and downs, but Accies, or bloody St Johnstone took a bit of the drama out of it due to when their goals went in.
Thought we were poor 11 v 11. Their forwards were dropping in the hole unmarked and their midfield were running the game. No surprise when they went ahead.
Looked a correct red for them from where we were sitting.
Second half was much better. Big Cody did the business and should start Thursday. Thought today was too little too late, but kept the momentum going and the fight back deserves credit . Disappointing that St Johnstone didn’t help us out today, but we only have ourselves to blame.
Thought the ref did us a big favour not sending off Popescu. He tripped a Dundee player charging through the middle and was already on a yellow.
Strange old day, but the team delivered another result and the fans were tremendous.

Indeed , totally agree on the crowd , there would not be many teams in the league that could muster more away fans than that , which makes one wonder the kind of crowd we can expect if we earn a stable position in the top League now . .

Hamilton Accies - like a sh*te that willnae flush. .

Thought we were awful yesterday. After only a few minutes it was obvious we had to change the shape as they had acres of space all over the place particularly the wings and Gowser. We stood off Dundee all day allowing them time to look up and play a pass. And tracking back was woeful. And in a must win game we start with one striker? And why was Hodson put on when Lyons was injured? I thought Kearney made a few mistakes yesterday.

Good points were the support and Cooke's contribution. Hopefully by Thursday Gary Mac and Jackson are fit and we start with two strikers (Jackson and Cooke). We are a better team than yesterday's showing but must apply ourselves better over the playoffs.

Don’t think Kearney has got much wrong in recent months but the starting line up and formation yesterday wasn’t exactly geared to go and win the game IMO.

Could’ve rectified that when they went down to 10 and Lyons went off injured but decided to put Hodson on and then 20 mins later pulls off the left back to play a right footed player there?

Still, we did what we had to and big Cooke surely pushed himself into the managers thoughts for Tannadice even if he was aided and abetted by their goalie.

Our form has been good of late and we should go into these two games confident but not cocky. I believe we’re the better side and expect us to come through but the atmosphere will be white hot on Thursday and that’ll be something we’ve not really experienced yet.

4 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Could’ve rectified that when they went down to 10 and Lyons went off injured but decided to put Hodson on and then 20 mins later pulls off the left back to play a right footed player there?

I think just before the red card and Lyons injury, Kearney had alredy decided to change to a back 5 given the problems Dundee caused at the goal. Muzek went charging in to the middle of the park to win the ball leaving Magennis sprinting all the way back trying to cover their full back who scored. A right mess. Dundee were also finding plenty of space in the line between our midfield and attack either with McGowan going forwards or Miller coming deep.

I can only assume Kearney thought sorting all this out was still the biggest priority and wanted to go 5 at the back. It did seem absurdly negative to me but certainly 2nd half was much better with Hodson and McGinn pushing forwards and Cooke to aim at in the box.

I think just before the red card and Lyons injury, Kearney had alredy decided to change to a back 5 given the problems Dundee caused at the goal. Muzek went charging in to the middle of the park to win the ball leaving Magennis sprinting all the way back trying to cover their full back who scored. A right mess. Dundee were also finding plenty of space in the line between our midfield and attack either with McGowan going forwards or Miller coming deep.
I can only assume Kearney thought sorting all this out was still the biggest priority and wanted to go 5 at the back. It did seem absurdly negative to me but certainly 2nd half was much better with Hodson and McGinn pushing forwards and Cooke to aim at in the box.

The way I saw it too. Concerning how easily Dundee were stroking the ball about in midfield with loads of time to pick their passes. Their forwards were dropping in and our defence were in two minds whether to follow them. It’s hard to criticise Kearny, especially since the split; he’s engineered some great results and consistency, but I think we are a bit negative with our tactics at times.
Suppose we’ll be trying to keep it tight on Thursday night though. We were far from our best yesterday, but we can’t freeze against Utd like we did in the first half at Dens.
Nervous week ahead, but getting through the playoffs would be absolutely amazing and we’ve got the team to do it.