Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
shetland

The Play Offs

Recommended Posts

We may be involved. 

First leg of the first match tonight. 

Ayr United v Inverness Caledonian Thistle 

Ian McCall says it's unfair that his Club has to play so many play off matches and the Premiership team doesn’t. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shetland said:

We may be involved. 

First leg of the first match tonight. 

Ayr United v Inverness Caledonian Thistle 

Ian McCall says it's unfair that his Club has to play so many play off matches and the Premiership team doesn’t. 

 

He'll be happy when his side only need to play 2 this time then.

ETA. Anyway. We have to play 2 more league games against better opposition so there's not that much difference.

Edited by stlucifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

He'll be happy when his side only need to play 2 this time then.

ETA. Anyway. We have to play 2 more league games against better opposition so there's not that much difference.

And he decided to lie down in the cup to Talbot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ian McCall just needs a hug 🤗 

Would rather not be in play offs but it’s looking likely so I’d hope to beat them in the final just to get it right up that wee fud 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, mattman said:

Ian McCall just needs a hug 🤗 

Would rather not be in play offs but it’s looking likely so I’d hope to beat them in the final just to get it right up that wee fud 😂

Unfortunately,  i cant see Ayr being in the final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, shetland said:

Ian McCall says it's unfair that his Club has to play so many play off matches and the Premiership team doesn’t. 

 

But its OK to be possibly playing against Utd, who are 11 points ahead of them to have a chance of playing against a Premiership team. :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pod said:

But its OK to be possibly playing against Utd, who are 11 points ahead of them to have a chance of playing against a Premiership team. :wacko:

Ian McCall is a cock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ayr will be fodder next year, they would have been bottom on 2019 stats.

I really hope Caley beat United as I fancy our chances even more......

Some result for Montrose, imagine them and Arbroath in Championship!!!. FAS might even come back on here :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After last night's result McCall's comments would be more relevant coming from the ICT boss.

Top flight teams play 38 games in the regular season, 2 more than Championship teams so the system but McCall has a point the system is a bit loaded against the teams finishing in 3rd/4th places. The only way to even it all up would be to drop the 4th place team from the scenario making in 38 games for all three teams but that would have left Ayr out of the play-offs altogether! :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Dundee UTD have told over 10 players that they wont be getting their contracts renewed

will they be up for the fight in the play offs ?????

Is that from the Sun article - did a bit of checking & of those listed none have had much game time in recently & 5 - Ejenguele, King, Murdoch, Scobbie & Toshney were already loaned out. 

Sorry, but I don't think it'll affect them much.......

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Is that from the Sun article - did a bit of checking & of those listed only none have had much game time in recent games & 5 - Ejenguele, King, Murdoch Scobbie & Toshney were already loaned out. 

Sorry, but I don't think it'll affect them much.......

We had the Edinburgh Derby in Championship , hopefully have the Dee Derby there to next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guinness said:

In  this scenario Ayr - Inverness.  Play where? Perth? Imagine the crowd, Lucky to get 300.

If they played it at the weekend, possibly Firhill? Might get 4k or so

That game is never going to attract a huge crowd

It's not even just about crowds though, 6 games is a lot for a 3rd or 4th placed team 

Edited by Doakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We didn't fair too well against Dundee Utd earlier this season. We seem to have gelled and found form sicne then. 

Very close to call, however, as you saw last night in Liverpool, football throws out some mental results, so I am confident that we will beat Hamilton and Dundee with Hamilton drawing with the fakes last game (fingers crossed anyway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spankin_panda said:

We didn't fair too well against Dundee Utd earlier this season. We seem to have gelled and found form sicne then

Very close to call, however, as you saw last night in Liverpool, football throws out some mental results, so I am confident that we will beat Hamilton and Dundee with Hamilton drawing with the fakes last game (fingers crossed anyway).

YES THIS ^^^^ we will beat Hamilton 2 to nil - they are just physical and mostly terrible footballers.

When we win that game, we will have momentum, mindset and determination to destroy Dee on the final fixture..

I am hoping the Fakes still have a shout at 7th for their last game - if so, they will beat Hamilton too . . .   :ninja

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never been a ST holder so not sure how this effects us but living in Dumfries I have a lot of friends who are either QoS or Annan supporters. Season tickets are not valid for their play off games. Surely that can’t be right - supporters are being asked to pay for their teams’ lack of success. Disgraceful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, doonhamer said:

I’ve never been a ST holder so not sure how this effects us but living in Dumfries I have a lot of friends who are either QoS or Annan supporters. Season tickets are not valid for their play off games. Surely that can’t be right - supporters are being asked to pay for their teams’ lack of success. Disgraceful.

I don't know if the rules have been amended but Hibs let their ST holders in for free a few seasons ago.

Again if IIRC the SPFL take 50% of the gate from play-off games as part of the big deal where prize money was redistributed.

I know Ayr reduced ticket prices for their game against ICT the other night and I'm sure I read that ICT have reciprocated for the second leg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be something in the small print for purchase of season ticket. If not, it will most likely be in there for next season when we are playing our second season in the top flight. 

My thoughts are that it only covers all games up till before playoff. I would like to think however the club would reduce the price for any potential playoff to make it a complete sell out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...