Bottom of the league

42 minutes ago, Hambud said:

So how were Stubbs and Jackson squared up for their imposters?

Obviously not via their agents.  Would suggest that there were clauses in their contracts relating to performance and compensation on termination, so any payments were made to the individual.  It will (should) come out in the wash when the relevant accounts are published but I'm guessing it will just be lumped in with the wage costs.  However, I have been told it's not as much as people think given they were desperate to get back into the game. 

8 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Obviously not via their agents.  Would suggest that there were clauses in their contracts relating to performance and compensation on termination, so any payments were made to the individual.  It will (should) come out in the wash when the relevant accounts are published but I'm guessing it will just be lumped in with the wage costs.  However, I have been told it's not as much as people think given they were desperate to get back into the game. 

If there is a way of hiding this season's financial woes, that's what will be done.

I will be stunned if we can pull out even remotely accurate figures for things like the OF getting two stands, payoffs etc.

In fact, I'm prepared to bet that there is no chance of us getting answers to this sort of thing.

As for paying no agents fees. I don't know how we managed that but if it's true then that is very good.

I have to say though that I'm beginning to doubt everything I hear now. This is what erosion of trust does - you even start to doubt good news. I am immediately wondering where the catch is. Is there some category of intermediate where we don't have to declare fees as "agency fees" or can we simply say it's £0 without needing to provide verifiable proof or oversight? Are we even mandated to provide these figures for public consumption?

Edited by oaksoft

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If there is a way of hiding this season's financial woes, that's what will be done.

I will be stunned if we can pull out even remotely accurate figures for things like the OF getting two stands, payoffs etc.

In fact, I'm prepared to bet that there is no chance of us getting answers to this sort of thing.

As for paying no agents fees. I don't know how we managed that but if it's true then that is very good.

I have to say though that I'm beginning to doubt everything I hear now. This is what erosion of trust does - you even start to doubt good news. I am immediately wondering where the catch is. Is there some category of intermediate where we don't have to declare fees as "agency fees" or can we simply say it's £0 without needing to provide verifiable proof or oversight? Are we even mandated to provide these figures for public consumption?

You are asking some odd questions. Accounts need to be audited . . . and our accounts will be available on the public record...

Of course Directors won't want the accounts to boldly show bad news, and some things can be categorised in with other items, there are limits...

Conspiracy theorist - it is good to question - but daft to just presume it must be terrible... :bounce2

No agents fees shown in the article - means no agents fees for sure . . . 

St. Mirren went a different route and that has proved far more successful than for Dee or Dee Utd and a number of others etc.

We took the cost of a dedicated team led by Gus to find people, and to sort out contracts, offers etc. - It seems this has worked very well and agents were not paid by our club - if they were payed for by the players on their books - that is fine, and much more manageable, and not likely to be at a very high percentage - as these figures show . . . 

The contract clauses  I have heard offered far better protection for the club than most of the sceptics believe for sure... We can only wait and see for the evidence to emerge.

Well done the BOD, Gus, Oran etc. . . :spud7

Now for the big stuff - secure 10th and sign some more crackers like Popescu, Hladky etc. and a number of goal scorers, Strikers and midfielders.  :cheers

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

You are asking some odd questions. Accounts need to be audited . . . and our accounts will be available on the public record...

I am asking perfectly reasonable questions.

Oh and where did I suggest our accounts wouldn't be audtied or available on record?

Cool your heels bud. We've got one evangelic priest on here, in the form of bazil, who posts defensively about the club without reading and  thinking about the legitimate concerns other posters have. I'm  pretty sure we don't need another one. 😀

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You're never going to get any specific figures on any individual's salaries. However, it was said at the AGM in December that due to break clauses, Stubbs was only paid the remaining 9 months of the first year of his contract. 

Edited by Thorizaar

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I am asking perfectly reasonable questions. You were also making assertions and "conspiracy like statements" e.g. "If there is a way of hiding this season's financial woes, that's what will be done." and " In fact, I'm prepared to bet that there is no chance of us getting answers to this sort of thing." and "I have to say though that I'm beginning to doubt everything I hear now. "

Oh and where did I suggest our accounts wouldn't be audtied or available on record?  You did not, but you did state that if there was a way of hiding things - and accounts and auditing are carried out to ensure that the process of financial management meet the required criteria - precisely so that things which should not be hidden are shown up - like financial mis-management, dishonest reporting of the scale of loses etc.

Cool your heels bud. I don't suffer from hot heels - I only questioned some of what you were writing - you must have faced this kind of thing on the forum before surely?  We've got one evangelic priest on here, in the form of bazil, who posts defensively about the club  So if anyone says something that you feel is supportive of the club you categorise them? without reading and  thinking about the legitimate concerns other posters have. I'm  pretty sure we don't need another one. 😀

My posts get challenged too - I did not set out to defend the club nor to have a go at you, just simply to offer another angle from the one you appeared to portray ...

If you are trying to  say I sounded like basil, I could just as easily say that in your post you sounded a bit LPM like . . .   :D

I suspect some folk will like your angle better, others might even like mine better - but who knows . . . :cheers

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

If you are trying to  say I sounded like basil, I could just as easily say that in your post you sounded a bit LPM like . . .   :D

You're taking the piss with that TBH but I suppose I deserve it. 😀