Player of the Year 2019 Results

Thanks to the 1,143 of you who took the time to vote in our Player of the Year polls this year.

I'm delighted to announce that ETHAN ERHAHON was the runaway winner of the Tam McGarry Young Player of the Year award for 2019 with Cammy MacPherson runner up and Kyle Magennis taking third place.

The Black & White Army Player of the Year for 2019 was much closer but was eventually won by VACLAV HLADKY who just saw off runner up Paul McGinn by a handful of votes. Mihai Popescu was third, Jack Baird 4th and Ryan Flynn came in 5th.

Congrats to both Ethan and Vaclav. Awards will be given out at the Cockles Wilson POTY bash in the Bankhouse on 18th May.

Thanks again to everyone who voted!

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Roughly what time are the awards Div. Only asking as time is limited to get home. 

Not sure bud, probably 8pm or something like that I imagine.

3 hours ago, div said:

Here's the history showing all 17 winners of our coveted award!

player-of-the-year-history-2019-v2.jpg

Strange to think back to a time we were repeatedly giving out player of the year awards to Kirk Broadfoot. 

That's one relationship that didn't age well.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Strange to think back to a time we were repeatedly giving out player of the year awards to Kirk Broadfoot. 

That's one relationship that didn't age well.

IIRC that wasn't really his fault. 

If we're talking about the Stephen McGinn goal/4 defenders on the line game it was our fans who started to call him a wanker because he wouldn't respond with a wave while the game was in play.

Immense for us when we were promoted, more than immense the following season when we stayed up - he should be in our HoF! :notworthy:clapping

19 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

If we're talking about the Stephen McGinn goal/4 defenders on the line game it was our fans who started to call him a wanker because he wouldn't respond with a wave while the game was in play.

Immense for us when we were promoted, more than immense the following season when we stayed up - he should be in our HoF! :notworthy:clapping

Kirk was superb for us in both seasons.

Also remember one game at Tannadice near the end of the season, I have it in my head that Shuggie scored and we won 2-0 (I could be wrong) but I remember Kirk being absolutely sensational that day and almost dragging us to victory on his own.

He may be an absolute zoomer but he was fantastic for us

8 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Kirk was superb for us in both seasons.

Also remember one game at Tannadice near the end of the season, I have it in my head that Shuggie scored and we won 2-0 (I could be wrong) but I remember Kirk being absolutely sensational that day and almost dragging us to victory on his own.

He may be an absolute zoomer but he was fantastic for us

He was our B & W army player of the year in 3 seasons. He was our best player and was obviously going onwards and upwards at that point in his career.

Could tackle fervently, except when it came to eggs . . . 

20 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

should he f**k

6 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Strange to think that Kenny McLean was never voted player of the year for us.

Kenny would have won it in 2015 if we hadn't punted him in the January (and sealed our relegation fate in doing so) but I think we can all agree that the guy who did win it that year, Aaron Woodall, is the most worthy of all the winners over the past 17 years!

10 minutes ago, div said:

Kenny would have won it in 2015 if we hadn't punted him in the January (and sealed our relegation fate in doing so) but I think we can all agree that the guy who did win it that year, Aaron Woodall, is the most worthy of all the winners over the past 17 years!

It says something about the quality of Danny Lennon's side that guys like Kenny McLean, Paul Dummett, Jim Goodwin (cup winning captain), Gary Teale, Jason Naismith all were in the side and playing well without winning player of the year.

AFAIK it's ticketed, members of the CWSC and pub regulars. I suspect if an individual doesn't have a ticket there won't be any casual drop-ins.
Will be members and non members regulars first or see myself or Fraser Burns at Dundee and we will let you know if theres space. I'm sure you all understand it's our POTY night so our members come first. We don't crash anybody else's night. So be patient and if we can we will try our best to get regular travelling fans in to what should be another great night.

17 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Will be members and non members regulars first or see myself or Fraser Burns at Dundee and we will let you know if theres space. I'm sure you all understand it's our POTY night so our members come first. We don't crash anybody else's night. So be patient and if we can we will try our best to get regular travelling fans in to what should be another great night.

How can it possibly be member's in a regular pub? Members of what?

5 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Members of the Supporters club, and regular travellers with said club.

Management reserve the right of admission.

You are #thichasfcuk aren't you? emoji23.png

Management reserve right of admission...listen to u ya arse crawling c**t....bet ur a grass in ur work ya tit!

I loved Kirk as a saints player. He was sensational for us on quite a few occasions.

The thing that made me think "what a prick" was when he grabbed his ex team mate Billy Mehmet around the throat infront of us in the north bank at love street.

However he is a guy that wants to win at all costs..the sort of mentality that made us love him and the sort of guy you want in your team.