Where To Eat This Monday.

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Was hoping to eat at Obsession India sadly it's closed on a Monday.  Any recommendations boys and girls. Tried the Thai place a good few years ago thought it was ok not great. Type of food not important as long as it's good. 

Indian Scene Cuisine in Glasgow Road, just up from Harvie's.

Food is excellent.

Just won the best dining experience in south west Scotland at the Scottish curry awards.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Indian Scene Cuisine in Glasgow Road, just up from Harvie's.

Food is excellent.

Just won the best dining experience in south west Scotland at the Scottish curry awards.

The awards organisers are ushing it a bit to say Paisley is in the south west of Scotland. Either that or all the Indian restaurants in Ayrshire and D&G are pish (which they're not).

Anyone know what's happening to Grill in the Park near Canal Street Station? Used to be good for lunch but it's shut. Facebook page said they would be shut for a few weeks for refurbishment but that was two months ago.

39 minutes ago, Stu said:

The awards organisers are ushing it a bit to say Paisley is in the south west of Scotland. Either that or all the Indian restaurants in Ayrshire and D&G are pish (which they're not).

No pish. Just not as good.:D

In reality, I'd imagine that these awards are based on customer votes and only register if a restaurant is entered for the awards.

The Multan Tandoori in George Street won best restaurant.:o

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/scottish-curry-awards-2019-winners-16137080

Anyway, Indian Scene is worth a visit, whether or not it won an award.

Edited by FTOF

Guest TPAFKATS
No pish. Just not as good.[emoji3]
In reality, I'd imagine that these awards are based on customer votes and only register if a restaurant is entered for the awards.
The Multan Tandoori in George Street won best restaurant.[emoji33]
https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/scottish-curry-awards-2019-winners-16137080
Multan is highly recommended.

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

No pish. Just not as good.:D

The Multan Tandoori in George Street won best restaurant.:o

Would never have considered most of the places listed in the prize list as being in south west or south east Scotland!

10 hours ago, cockles1987 said:
11 hours ago, Stu said:
Anyone know what's happening to Grill in the Park near Canal Street Station? Used to be good for lunch but it's shut. Facebook page said they would be shut for a few weeks for refurbishment but that was two months ago.

It's opened as the Phat Bhuna.

I noticed at the weekend part of it seemed to have opened, which I'm guessing is that bit. The part nearest the main road is still all shut and the sign is down.

13 hours ago, rabuddies said:

Fish Tea in Allans's chippie in Storie Street.  The best fast food in Paisley in beautiful art deco surroundings.  What more could you ask for?

Used to eat there now and again. Monday is not the best day to eat fish as the fish market is closed Sunday and Monday meaning the fish won't be as fresh as it could be. 

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Used to eat there now and again. Monday is not the best day to eat fish as the fish market is closed Sunday and Monday meaning the fish won't be as fresh as it could be. 

Aye, but! Most chippies etc buy frozen and defrost on the day to save waste and cost so you'll never know what day is freshest anymore.

the italian that used to be the Kelburne bar is supposed to be good? Or the newer one up Neilston rd that was the TSB?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye, but! Most chippies etc buy frozen and defrost on the day to save waste and cost so you'll never know what day is freshest anymore.

the italian that used to be the Kelburne bar is supposed to be good? Or the newer one up Neilston rd that was the TSB?

And you can definitely tell.

This is one reason why I don't eat fish suppers anymore.

Except for the Anstruther Fish Bar from time to time.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

And you can definitely tell.

This is one reason why I don't eat fish suppers anymore.

Except for the Anstruther Fish Bar from time to time.

Frozen at sea is not bad but not from the market then frozen. You can't beat fresh fish me and the wife eat fish four times a week  love it. 

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Old Kelburne is called Genova, the one up the neilston road is la banca. Both excellent.

I'd avoid neilston road for the next month or two due to the roadworks at the junction with espidair street/Stevenston street.

Lochan Ora mmmmmmmmmm

Genova is first class, I try to eat there every month

29 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
3 hours ago, Doakes said:
Linwood farm, full carvery roast for like a tenner :wub:
Jam Jar is good too

Been to Linwood Farm a few times - never been very impressed with it. Even their giant desserts are pretty tasteless. Kept hoping that it would improve but have now given up.

Last time I went it was brilliant, great value too. Guess it depends when you go

On 5/9/2019 at 6:57 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Was hoping to eat at Obsession India sadly it's closed on a Monday.  Any recommendations boys and girls. Tried the Thai place a good few years ago thought it was ok not great. Type of food not important as long as it's good. 

There's a new Indian open at the former Station Bar in Canal St. They do a pre-theatre for £11.95

No photo description available.

Was with two guy's who wanted a stone baked pizza in the last post. While I can enjoy a Pizza - in the last post you ain't getting a freshly made up and baked pizza. Out voted for a disappointing soggy pizza.  Will try a couple of Indians next season. What a change in Paisley for the better the town has a good feeling about it has found a new identity. Vibrant cafes, great pubs, student  feeling to the town just a good feeling about the place I  live somewhere else but I'm a Paisley boy and proud of it the dark clouds have lifted. 

On 5/11/2019 at 2:26 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

There's a new Indian open at the former Station Bar in Canal St. They do a pre-theatre for £11.95

No photo description available.

"Pre Theatre"?? - Erm very few theatres in Paisley!

The idea behind that used to be to get the punters in/ out before the 1930 / 2000 "rush" - That doesn't happen in this day & age! 

10 hours ago, thepaisleypanda said:

The idea behind that used to be to get the punters in/ out before the 1930 / 2000 "rush" - That doesn't happen in this day & age! 

Gimmick or otherwise. If it gets punters in and the get a great meal at a reasonable price then it's good for both sides.

It's just one of those phrases which has moved from its original meaning to become a catchall for early dining.