Danny Baker

Wilbur

Widely reported in the media today that DB has been fired from the BBC for being a filthy racist.

Well I wish to publicly declare that I think this is possibly / probably a huge injustice. Nowadays the uber-politically correct have such a stranglehold on the media that there is no forgiveness for what could easily have been nothing more than an ill thought-out attempt at humour from DB.

Why on earth would Baker deliberately destroy his media career by intentionally proclaiming himself as a racist ? Is it not feasible in anyone's eyes that he simply posted (what he thought was) a funny snap and take the opportunity to have a wee comical dig at Royalty ? Isn't it possible that he forgot that Harry's missus had some black ethnicity in her genes ?

Nah, no chance !!!

There are millions of them out there - those who seek every opportunity to be easily-offended, who will yet again claim the moral high ground and take delight in crucifying Danny Baker for what may have been nothing more than the ill-measured posting of a throw-away joke. What happened to innocent until proved guilty ??

Pisses me off TBH.

Guest TPAFKATS

I've not seen the tweet or photo he posted. Initially it sounded a bit over the top however having heard his 'excuses' I now believe it's the right decision. He's being a c**t about it and end up on talk sport or similar with the other auld racists.

It's not the first time Baker's been fired by the Beeb, it's not even a hard news issue it's a "light entertainer" misjudging the public mood. He released the tweet after the official photo was released so his version of events seems unconvincing to me. 

Liquored up waiting for the Tottenham game and forgot Loaded's heyday was 20 years ago is my guess it's a career risk and as TPAFKATS said he'll no doubt resurrect it elsewhere.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

It's not the first time Baker's been fired by the Beeb, it's not even a hard news issue it's a "light entertainer" misjudging the public mood. He released the tweet after the official photo was released so his version of events seems unconvincing to me. 

Liquored up waiting for the Tottenham game and forgot Loaded's heyday was 20 years ago is my guess it's a career risk and as TPAFKATS said he'll no doubt resurrect it elsewhere.

Is this really news ?

A tired old drunk has farted on air ?

Dont we just love social media

13 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I've not seen the tweet or photo he posted. Initially it sounded a bit over the top however having heard his 'excuses' I now believe it's the right decision. He's being a c**t about it and end up on talk sport or similar with the other auld racists.

By that you mean he's defending himself against probably incorrect public accusations of racism right?

10 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

... and usually on other people's behalf.

As I've said before on here, offence is taken, not given. People essentially choose to be offended - bunch of fuds.

If he really intended to have a racist dig, then surely he would have posted a picture of a white guy with a baby chimp AND a mother chimp.

I am not sure what point he was trying to get across by using a chimp but I can't believe it was intended to be racist.

I have a theory that these PC idiots feel they lack control over their own lives and to overcompensate they try to exert an undue influence over the lives of others because that's easier than fixing themselves.

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can't agree Wilbur it's pure racism of the highest order. The fact he is a celebrity with thousands reading his tweets.  For the record I'm not a fan of the monarchy. 

I find myself in agreement with the middle bit of your post and I have cleverly put in bold in that part of your post in order to make the middle bit of your post more obvious in order to assist the readers eye in locating the part of your post that I agreed with.

Anyway....

1)  Did he mean it knowing full well that he will be dismissed, pilloried and could even be arrested?  No I do not

2)  Is he some sort of "celebrity" with a large enough following that he really ought to be held to some sort of standard?  Yes I do

3)  Is the BBC a London centric pishbucket?  Yes it is

4)  Should Danny Baker be sacked for being so incredibly stupid?  Yes he should

5)  Would one of us mere mortals risk being dismissed from our menial and less important jobs (than celebrities have) had we tweeted something equally as stupid?  Yes we may well have

6)  Should lessons be learned about what we post on social media?  Absolutely

7)  Are people too easily offended these days?  Yes they are

8)  Does this fake rage somehow justify the stupidity of posting such "risqué" things on social media?  No it does not

9)   Is stupidity then a sackable offence?  Yes it is

10)  Could Danny Bakers ill informed tweet cause upset to a new mother (regardless of who she is) should that new mother be exposed to this tweet?  Of course

11)  Is upsetting new mothers by insulting the new born baby in any way justifiable?  No it is not

12)  For those fathers amongst us, how would you react if some fudbucket posted a picture of a chimp/monkey/ape insinuating that your new child looked like this chimp/monkey/ape?  I would have tied him to a chair, cut his balls off and force fed them to him

13)  So is Danny Baker a bit of a prick?  yes he is

14)  Is he a racist prick?  Probably not

15)  But a prick anyway?  Yes absolutely

16) Does old Tom feel sorry for him?  Not in the slightest, not in the slightest indeed

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Widely reported in the media today that DB has been fired from the BBC for being a filthy racist.

Well I wish to publicly declare that I think this is possibly / probably a huge injustice. Nowadays the uber-politically correct have such a stranglehold on the media that there is no forgiveness for what could easily have been nothing more than an ill thought-out attempt at humour from DB.

Why on earth would Baker deliberately destroy his media career by intentionally proclaiming himself as a racist ? Is it not feasible in anyone's eyes that he simply posted (what he thought was) a funny snap and take the opportunity to have a wee comical dig at Royalty ? Isn't it possible that he forgot that Harry's missus had some black ethnicity in her genes ?

Nah, no chance !!!

There are millions of them out there - those who seek every opportunity to be easily-offended, who will yet again claim the moral high ground and take delight in crucifying Danny Baker for what may have been nothing more than the ill-measured posting of a throw-away joke. What happened to innocent until proved guilty ??

Pisses me off TBH.

In any other situation, he'd get his face pulped for this level of objectionable behaviour-regardless ofrace

Danny Baker was already a twat

15 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Read the headline on line earlier today and just read the story fully just there as I had been out for dinner with some friends.

They started to mention about him being sacked and I commented about how I didn't think it was a sacking offence (cause I thought the gag was the new born child having to pose like a dressed up circus animal) then the penny dropped.

So can fully understand how he posted it and when someone let him know how it could be interpreted, to delete with an appropriate apology.

At Stuart Dickson's house?

Guest TPAFKATS
By that you mean he's defending himself against probably incorrect public accusations of racism right?
No I mean his explanation and excuses are shite. He contradicts himself each time he gives an interview. I heard him contradict himself in the space of 30 seconds yesterday. When the story first broke, I would've believed the "honest mistake" excuse. Now I do think he's been racist. He needs to stop digging.

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

In any other situation, he'd get his face pulped for this level of objectionable behaviour-regardless ofrace

Danny Baker was already a twat

Recently there has been offensive comments on Twitter regarding Harry's wife being a black Royal. Given that on recent news it was somewhat a stupid post to make. The fact Baker took the post  down minutes after posting it tells you he realised what he done.  

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Recently there has been offensive comments on Twitter regarding Harry's wife being a black Royal. Given that on recent news it was somewhat a stupid post to make. The fact Baker took the post  down minutes after posting it tells you he realised what he done.  

Not for the first time, the intention of the joke has gone entirely over your head.

The problem with the millennial social media mob is that they live in fear of being seen as less woke than their peers. They whip themselves into a frenzy over nonsense like this, while ignoring the millions of people being genuinely exploited, abused or attacked around the world.

Guest TPAFKATS
Not for the first time, the intention of the joke has gone entirely over your head.
The problem with the millennial social media mob is that they live in fear of being seen as less woke than their peers. They whip themselves into a frenzy over nonsense like this, while ignoring the millions of people being genuinely exploited, abused or attacked around the world.
Yeah, he was just being a bit racist. It's not as if he actually abused or attacked anyone.
Is that what you mean?

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Are you serious ? So Harry is married to a Black American . Baker then writes a new Royal baby with  a  photo of a chimp with cloths on holding hands with parents  your telling me the joke  is over my head.  Bloody he'll you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that's funny. 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Are you serious ? So Harry is married to a Black American . Baker then writes a new Royal baby with  a  photo of a chimp with cloths on holding hands with parents  your telling me the joke  is over my head.  Bloody he'll you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that's funny. 

So IOBS, going back to my original post, are you saying that nobody could possibly make a genuine error of judgement ? Guilty until proven innocent rather than the other way round ?

No one is disputing the fact that DB fuc*ed up massively with an insensitive post. But being a dick / twat only makes him a dick / twat. It doesn't automatically make him a racist, which is what DB is being slaughtered for.

Lets be clear here ……. every racist is definitely a complete dick / twat or whatever, but being a dick / twat doesn't automatically make someone a racist.

Think it through   …  all magpies are birds but not all birds are magpies.

If (for whatever reason) a case should be taken to court on the evidence you are using to crucify Baker it would be thrown out of court on day one.

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So IOBS, going back to my original post, are you saying that nobody could possibly make a genuine error of judgement ? Guilty until proven innocent rather than the other way round ?

No one is disputing the fact that DB fuc*ed up massively with an insensitive post. But being a dick / twat only makes him a dick / twat. It doesn't automatically make him a racist, which is what DB is being slaughtered for.

Lets be clear here ……. every racist is definitely a complete dick / twat or whatever, but being a dick / twat doesn't automatically make someone a racist.

If (for whatever reason) a case should be taken to court on the evidence you are using to crucify Baker it would be thrown out of court on day one.

I don't think that IOBS was trying to 'crucify' anyone , he merely pointed out that what Baker did was inappropriate. I think the likelihood is that , Baker was a 'dick/twat' as you call it , looong before he posted that. .

26 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yes we can all make an error of judgement Wibur example,  I wrote that I was impressed with the colourd player at Dunfermline. I received unbelievable hassle not only from Dunfermline fans our own fans also because I did not call said player black. That was an error of my judgment. As for Baker for me it is pure racism. I'm not thinking any less of you for thinking different. Time and tolerance has moved on but still a lot of work to be done I do take offence at Kemp saying the joke is over my head. 

51 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

His intention clearly wasn't to make a comparison between black people and chimps. 

It was an entirely different joke with nothing to do with race, which you clearly don't understand.

You on the other hand have once again - after being told multiple times not do it - came on and called someone "coloured". Its unbelievable!

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

His intention clearly wasn't to make a comparison between black people and chimps. 

It was an entirely different joke with nothing to do with race, which you clearly don't understand.

You on the other hand have once again - after being told multiple times not do it - came on and called someone "coloured". Its unbelievable!

Tell you what Kemp you go to a football match and make a loud noise of a chimp with black players on the field. Come back after and tell me no offence was made and you did not recive a life ban.