Danny Baker

Wilbur

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:
You have simply named 3 subjects ,  what about credible evidence.  .

How detailed do you want it?

I did warn you that it was pointless to argue with stupidity.

It appears you are now battling this on several fronts.

I won't lie though - it's entertaining to watch.

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Just wait until it moves on from here, then the fun really starts. emoji1.png

I'm wondering what he thinks a human is if not an animal.

Oh please lord let him say "lizard from space".

Edited by oaksoft

The one thing about all of this rhetoric about race, colour and whats PC and non-PC has anybody noticed that neither the mother nor the baby are actually black?  They are mixed race.  That is not black.  Peronally speaking, I have a theory on mixed race people.  There're all quite attractive, in fact some are damned attractive.  So perhaps whoever or whatever made us or started off our our evolution thought "here's an idea - if they aren't all alike let's make them pretttier/more handsome if they interbreed.  They'll soon get the hang of it and the planet will soon be populated by good looking humans in no time at all.  That should help bring about perfect harmony."  Just a thought!

9 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Along with normalising of racist language and images.
Recently this has been done by using terms like snowflake for those who object to racist behaviour.

And for those who don't understand racism in the first place and thus see it where it doesn't exist.

8 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I was having bread stolen from the front of the shop. Not your everyday type bread it's made specially for the business . I got up early to catch the person. Had a good chat with him regarding how it's hard to make a business work over here all business. Told him I was not contracting the Police as long as it did not happen again. The person has not long moved to the island . If this person has to steal bread then to me he must be in some dire circumstance. Certainly don't think  he is a worse person than me people can hit rock bottom . Paedophile , murderers is different. 

IOBS, you are wonderfully naive. Not all thieves are desperate.

Bless your wee socks.

You are however welcome to treat these scumbags in whatever manner you wish - it was your bread after all.

Another thought, did the BBC overreact by instantly dismissing Baker.  Were they frightened by the social media reaction and backlash that puts a few thousand posts on Twatter and the press bigs it up as The Nation Are Shocked and Disgusted on the front page or 6 o'clock news.  This week Kick it Out's Head of Development Troy Townsend (father of Andros) basically accused Brighton of sacking Chris Hughton because he was black.  No great reaction for or against on any sort of media. 

But Kick it Out hastily issued an apology to Brighton "for the impact the comments have had on the club's reputation".  Also that it was also sorry for any inference from Townsend's comments that Hughton's sacking was "linked in any way to his ethnicity".  Just an apology, nobody got sacked.  Dealt with quickly and professionally and you couldn't see a knee jerking for miles.

52 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

That would only apply if "whoever or whatever made us or started off our our evolution" was capable of thought. So, Invisible Pink Unicorn it is. emoji6.png

I was wondering if you had a hand in it?  You did not a bad job with Norway.

We (as in humans) make up words, we define categories, we look at the traits of things and put them into the categories. It's all simply definitional. That's the same reason that we are apes (like chimps) and the same reason we are eukaryotes (like pine trees). If he wants to argue the definition of words then I'll just direct him to a dictionary.

It is amusing, though.

It is certainly amusing that  you think , you are a chimp. . LMFAO

6 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I never said it was too long, i said it was long enough.

It doesn't matter how many people with one white parent and one black parent regard themselves as black.  The point is, some people in that situation identify as half black, so you cannot, in all good faith, claim that there is no such thing as half black.  And that is going by your logic.  Personally, I think it's a bit less (ahem) black and white than that.  If I identified as an Asian female, would that make me an Asian female?  If I identified as a lamppost, would that make me a lamppost?  I know you will claim that I am just being ridiculous, but this is exactly where just accepting someones personal claim of identity leads.

So part of the child's identity is black?  You said there was no such thing as part black.  If you consider the child black then you seem to be going along the same lines as the "one-drop rule" to determine who is black.  Is that really where you want to go?

Does she regard herself as black?  According to this

"... recalling in a personal essay for Elle in 2015 that in grade school, her teacher urged her to check the Caucasian box while filling out the census, because that was how she appeared. “I put down my pen. Not as an act of defiance, but rather a symptom of my confusion. I couldn’t bring myself to do that, to picture the pit-in-her-belly sadness my mother would feel if she were to find out. So I didn’t pick a box,” wrote Markle. (Her father later advised her to draw her own.)"

she seems to identify as biracial.  If Meghan (eventually got the right spelling :) ) identified as being white, would the picture have been racist?  

Your last part is just silly.  I've already said on this thread that it is usually pretty obvious when someone is intending to be offensive.

Well, I guess we're just not going to agree then are we. 

Taking my point to an absurd degree does not make my point absurd, it make you absurd.

I guess you think it is alright to call black people monkeys, and that's not racist. So I guess then IMO you are racist. I'm happy to say that to your face. If you were to resort to violence, that would make you a violent racist. It would also end up with you before the beak as I would have no hesitation in reporting you to the police.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

IOBS, you are wonderfully naive. Not all thieves are desperate.

Bless your wee socks.

You are however welcome to treat these scumbags in whatever manner you wish - it was your bread after all.

Unfortunately Oaksoft you are judgemental. Fine it's you  anything I say or anyone else points out you will not grasp. Take a loaf of bread , take my till are two different things altogether. We are all born to learn and progress whether that be on a education level or a common sense level. I'm not worried about you it will come we never stop learning. 

I never said that, though, did I?

You know why I never said that? Because humans aren't chimps.

Humans and chimps are both apes, but a human isn't a chimp.

Sparrows and starlings are both birds, but a sparrow isn't a starling.

Cod and trout are both fish, but a cod isn't a trout.

See a pattern?

Oh my my apologies for getting the fine detail wrong you , were actually saying you are an ape not a chimp still . . LMFAO

9 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, insaintee said:
Well, I guess we're just not going to agree then are we. 
Taking my point to an absurd degree does not make my point absurd, it make you absurd.
I guess you think it is alright to call black people monkeys, and that's not racist. So I guess then IMO you are racist. I'm happy to say that to your face. If you were to resort to violence, that would make you a violent racist. It would also end up with you before the beak as I would have no hesitation in reporting you to the police.

Where did I say it was OK to call anybody a monkey? You seem to be incapable of understanding the absurdity of your position. My examples fitted into what you were claiming, so they were relevant.

So you agree that Baker's post is racist. Good. You keep taking the arguement away from the simple question; is it acceptable to compare a black child to a monkey?.

Imagine your our with your black/half black family and someone compared them to chimps dressed up would you be cool with that because they're only half black?

I'm doubt it very much.

I'm glad we've come to agreement.

8 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

No, I don't agree that it was racist, where did I say that?

There was no monkey there, so nobody was being compared to one.

Trying to misrepresent what I have said won't change what I have said.

As I have said, a few times, it is usually obvious when someone is trying to be offensive.

You've obviously just fell in the door pissed.

So comparing a black person to a monkey racist:- Yes or no. It's a simple question stop skirting around it. Yes or no.

Do you really think if you sent a similar image to a black collegue at work following the birth of their child you wouldn't get sacked?

I'm not trying to misrepresent what you say I'm only trying to find out if your racist that think's it's ok to compare a black baby to a monkey or not.

Capture5.png

Edited by insaintee

9 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

You're not getting a yes or no as it depends on the context. And if you don't understand that then there really is no hope for you.

If I sent a picture of two white adults and a chimp to a black colleague?

Again, there is no f**king monkey. How many times do you need to be told that?

You know, it really is you that has the problem here, you seem to see a person's skin colour as the definitive trait of who that person is. As I've already said (I seem to have to repeat a lot to you), I usually go with the good guy or wank categories.

Go and have a sleep. You can reply when you're sober.

So racist it is then. :byebye Or should that be racist wank :byebye

Edited by insaintee

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:10 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Is DB ever funny ? Who likes the Royals anyway?

All opinions - it is far too easy to say things in today's culture which cause people offence - freedom of speech v inappropriate stuff has all kinds of boundaries, some good, some bad…  In My opinion

And some boundaries so vague as to be discernible. And therein lies the problem. The politically correct keep trying to "improve" our society by claiming simple terminology is somehow disrespectful when it's context that should define abuse. Using the term "coloured" in itself is not racist. It could be factually incorrect if describing ethnicity as we are ALL coloured.

And some boundaries so vague as to be discernible. And therein lies the problem. The politically correct keep trying to "improve" our society by claiming simple terminology is somehow disrespectful when it's context that should define abuse. Using the term "coloured" in itself is not racist. It could be factually incorrect if describing ethnicity as we are ALL coloured.

Except whites... White isn't a colour... But then again, Whites aren't white, but Caucasian! [emoji23][emoji12]

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Except whites... White isn't a colour... But then again, Whited aren't white, but Caucasian! emoji23.pngemoji12.png

If you ever encounter someone who was truly white, I'd run a mile if I were you. There likely to be contagious or undead! 😂

As I said, obviously pissed.emoji482.png

Mate I'm not trying to make you look stupid or trying to point score. You commented on a post I made and I thought we could have a reasonable discussion. This isn't your high school debating club. Go an read over the things you've posted on this thread, think about how you come across and perhap delete the ones that make you look like a racist wanker.

You've allowed yourself to become a racist appologist simply because you can't stand to lose an argument and go into absurd lenths to look at irrelevent examples and details. The context for Danny Baker's post is crystal clear and he made all the clearer  by defending it.

You kind of know you're on the wrong end of an argument when you have Oakey backing you up. I really thought you were better than him and worth having a dialogue with. Looks like I'm wrong.