Danny Baker

Wilbur

11 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Unfortunately Oaksoft you are judgemental. Fine it's you  anything I say or anyone else points out you will not grasp. Take a loaf of bread , take my till are two different things altogether. We are all born to learn and progress whether that be on a education level or a common sense level. I'm not worried about you it will come we never stop learning. 

You say that as though it's a bad thing.

All humans are judgmental by nature.

Don't ever kid yourself on about that.

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:
50 minutes ago, stlucifer said:
If you ever encounter someone who was truly white, I'd run a mile if I were you. There likely to be contagious or undead! emoji23.png

If there was no light where you encountered them, would they still be white?

If there was no light it would be the least of your problems. Fighting your way out of a black hole would be paramount.

12 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

It is certainly amusing that  you think , you are a chimp. . LMFAO

You know, I am beginning to think you are too scared of expressing this alternative theory you hold about what humans are if they are not descended from apes.

You're quite quick to laugh at others views though.

Let's hear your view then?

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:
Except whites... White isn't a colour... But then again, Whites aren't white, but Caucasian! emoji23.pngemoji12.png 

White is a mixture of all colours, so can be classed as a colour. Black, on the other hand, is an absence of all colour.

The colour of an object is a measure of which parts of the visible light spectrum are reflected from and absorbed by the surface of that object. White objects don't absorb any visible wavelengths and black objects absorb everything. Usually we get something in between. Interestingly (for me) this is why you should wear white clothing in hot areas.

Edited by oaksoft

15 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, stlucifer said:
If you ever encounter someone who was truly white, I'd run a mile if I were you. There likely to be contagious or undead! emoji23.png

If there was no light where you encountered them, would they still be white?

No.

Colour comes from the interaction between the object and the light source. If you change the light source you get a different colour for the object. If you remove the light, there would be no concept of colour.

I think it's interesting that every known solid object interacts in some way with the minute sliver of visible light in the vast EM spectrum. There are no known exceptions.

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

Yeah, if you read on you would see my question about white where there is no light. emoji4.png

Patience slarti, patience.

The Oakstur has addressed that very point in a further post.

As for the desert thing, you're provably right. The gains would be marginal.

1 minute ago, insaintee said:

I suggest you get diversity training. It's sad you think this acceptable in any way

I didn't say it was acceptable in any way.

If I promise to go to diversity training will you promise to take a class in interpreting what you read from others?

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:
3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
Patience slarti, patience.
The Oakstur has addressed that very point in a further post.
 As for the desert thing, you're provably right. The gains would be marginal.

I am right. They've done experimentalism thingies, didntchano?

Peer reviewed science? 

I therefore concede my good man.

I am also going to find my old Physics teacher and tell him he was talking a power of shite which lost me a very important internet debate today.

Guest TPAFKATS
And for those who don't understand racism in the first place and thus see it where it doesn't exist.

Making excuses or diverting attention from fascist behaviour is never a good look.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
22 hours ago, oaksoft said:
And for those who don't understand racism in the first place and thus see it where it doesn't exist.

Making excuses or diverting attention from fascist behaviour is never a good look.

Fascist behaviour? Oh you are quite the drama queen.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

All of the respondents are oversimplifying things a little I think and there appears to be little consensus.

The reality will depend on a complex mixture of the relative heat differential between the human and the environment. and wind strengths. I suspect the optimal shade for clothing will change during the day depending on all of that. Countries with temperatures in excess of 40 degrees will require a different solution to those with temperatures in the low to mid-thirties.

The common features of both environments will be loose fitting and light-weighted, flowing garments. If you get that right I strongly suspect any other gains from the colour of the garment will be marginal at best.

12 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Yuck! The drink of evil pixies. If you drink their drink they curse you, don't do it. :whistle

Are you a coffee monkey? Oh god I've said the "M" word. I'll have the PC brigade firing up the keyboard for that one....

Actually joking apart, I have had problems with addiction to it. Probably the routine of it more than anything else but overdosing on caffeine specifically and diuretics in general can cause a host of health issues like severe dehydration, sluggishness, bowel problems (constipation or the squirting brown fountain variety), heart palpitations, sleep disruption, brain fog, problems concentrating, constant exhaustion, low mood troughs and occasionally feelings of being a little drunk (that's a weird one after many mugs of tea which can bring about short bursts of hyper activity).

I have moved to decaff tea and that has cleared up most of the above. I just have to make sure I drink plenty of water as well.

In this instance I don't care that there's no proof of any of the above. It's enough that I can switch these symptoms on and off by swapping between caff and decaff tea. Takes about a week to get the caffeine out of your system.

Decaff tea - today's top tip from the Oakster. 😁

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

You never said "coffee coloured monkey", so it's fine. :whistle I've already had about seven coffees today (not as many as normal) and don't get any of those symptoms.

That's surprising. Are you perhaps drinking Mellow Birds? Or drinking from a thimble?

Coffee generally has a lot less caffeine in it than tea (especially if you brew the tea for a long time) so that's maybe not surprising. I would have expected you to have experienced something. Maybe it's just my metabolism.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

A cup of coffee tends to have more caffeine than a cup of tea by about 2.5 times. By weight, tea leaves have more caffeine than coffee beans. A lot depends on the brewing method.

Generally drink freshly ground coffee or a nice Douwe Egbert's when taking instant.

You can't just repeat what I said 😀

Used to drink Douwe. A few years back now though.