Danny Baker

Wilbur

On 5/18/2019 at 10:39 AM, oaksoft said:

You know, I am beginning to think you are too scared of expressing this alternative theory you hold about what humans are if they are not descended from apes.

You're quite quick to laugh at others views though.

Let's hear your view then?

I'm not going to make you wrong as you tend to do a fine job of that on yourself. As l recall l wasn't having a debate with you anyway.  .

It often appears you have the mental age of a 12 yr old . .no offence to 12yr olds ,  tho'. .

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I'm not going to make you wrong as you tend to do a fine job of that on yourself. As l recall l wasn't having a debate with you anyway.  .

It often appears you have the mental age of a 12 yr old . .no offence to 12yr olds ,  tho'. .

You can call me names all you like but it was you who jumped on both slarti here and myself on another thread and told us we were ridiculous to call humans animals, and then pissed off after being challenged on what YOUR alternative view was.

All we are asking is what is your alternative view and what makes your view so powerful that it justifies ridiculing those of us who use over 150 years of science to back our position that humans are animals.

It's crystal clear that you are too afraid of answering that in case you sound like a crazy f**ker but that's your choice. Your childish stroppy response to being challenged is your problem not mine.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You can call me names all you like but it was you who jumped on both slarti here and myself on another thread and told us we were ridiculous to call humans animals, and then pissed off after being challenged on what YOUR alternative view was.

All we are asking is what is your alternative view and what makes your view so powerful that it justifies ridiculing those of us who use over 150 years of science to back our position that humans are animals.

It's crystal clear that you are too afraid of answering that in case you sound like a crazy f**ker but that's your choice. Your childish stroppy response to being challenged is your problem not mine.

A typical psychiatrists reponse - make up shit and try and pass it off as fact or even scientific fact . You really need to have a look at what you are typing . As I told you before you were found out when you advocated the drugging of young children with psychiatric drugs that have been proven to do more harm than good . .

As far as name calling goes - I have made statements about you based on my observations of your posts, however I have seen you come on here and attempt to invalidate other Buddies as if you are a 12yr old in the playground . .

YOU jumped in on dialogue with another person . Based on my observations of you , you come on here and act like some Torquemada of yesteryear for what you believe is infallible science.

I will not debate anything with you as based on observtions mentioned above you are a twisted , crazy , f**ker or maybe you are a Chimp ( no offence to any real Chimps). .

35 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

A typical psychiatrists reponse - make up shit and try and pass it off as fact or even scientific fact . You really need to have a look at what you are typing . As I told you before you were found out when you advocated the drugging of young children with psychiatric drugs that have been proven to do more harm than good . .

As far as name calling goes - I have made statements about you based on my observations of your posts, however I have seen you come on here and attempt to invalidate other Buddies as if you are a 12yr old in the playground . .

YOU jumped in on dialogue with another person . Based on my observations of you , you come on here and act like some Torquemada of yesteryear for what you believe is infallible science.

I will not debate anything with you as based on observtions mentioned above you are a twisted , crazy , f**ker or maybe you are a Chimp ( no offence to any real Chimps). .

I like a bit of banter as much as the next person but you clearly have some very serious (and by the sounds of your previous posts, long term) mental health issues which I don't think it would be fair to take the piss out of on an online forum - especially when I don't know you.

Given that you have just called me "a twisted, crazy, f**ker" I would be perfectly entitled to do so but I would be seriously uncomfortable doing so.

Genuinely, I think you need medical help and I hope you are either getting it or manage to obtain it ASAP.

Edited by oaksoft

20 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

OK, so far I've had my posts compared to things said by Tommy Robinson, had it insinuated that I'm a racist, blatantly called a racist twat, and been told that humans are not animals.  Yet, when asked for proof of these things, the accusers fail to provide any.  Why would that be?

Danny Baker is a fat useless prick................. (white)

Sorry Slarti just thought I would go back on topic:P 

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

I don't disagree about Baker - but at least I would be able to give some evidence to back that up. emoji4.png

I have been called a racist, among other things, on here by two Forumsters. 

I have asked for evidence. 

I am still waiting after 10 months or so. 

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

OK, so far I've had my posts compared to things said by Tommy Robinson, had it insinuated that I'm a racist, blatantly called a racist twat, and been told that humans are not animals.  Yet, when asked for proof of these things, the accusers fail to provide any.  Why would that be?

Well , the Twat bit is going to be a hard one to disprove 😂

On 5/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, oaksoft said:

I like a bit of banter as much as the next person but you clearly have some very serious (and by the sounds of your previous posts, long term) mental health issues which I don't think it would be fair to take the piss out of on an online forum - especially when I don't know you.

Given that you have just called me "a twisted, crazy, f**ker" I would be perfectly entitled to do so but I would be seriously uncomfortable doing so.

Genuinely, I think you need medical help and I hope you are either getting it or manage to obtain it ASAP.

Is that what your getting ?

On 5/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, Slartibartfast said:

You won't get answers to these questions.

You have to apply a weighting to posts by these types of people.

We are hardly talking about intellectual heavyweights.

It would be nice if they could actually hold a bit of debate regarding their views rather than just throwing insults and f**king off again but that's the type of person you are dealing with.

On 5/19/2019 at 8:18 PM, Slartibartfast said:

OK, since Oaky isn't allowed to ask you, I will, since it was me you were talking to. If humans aren't animals, what are they and what evidence do you have to back up your claim. Or, at least, say why, in your opinion, humans aren't animals/apes/eukaryotes.

I don't think anybody on here has said that science is infallible. The whole scientific method is set out to minimise bias and so discover errors in claims.

And, for the final time, we are not chimps and I never said we were.

Yes you can find similarities with the human genome and Chimps and even bananas . Are we bananas . .no those small percentiles in difference are actually huge . .

What you seem to be suggesting is the mud to man theory . One day the mud got effected by heat or something and something crawled out of it , then one day we got the Chimp and then , as if by magic about 1 million years ago , we turned up . I had thought that knuckel draggers was an appelation we reserved for our neighbours along the road but not ourselves , obviously. .

However , I will be prepared to revist this issue if a Chimp paints a Mona Lisa , invents and makes a pnuematic tyre, invents and builds a tv or discovers by it's own cognizance penicillin . .

15 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Humans and bananas are both eukaryotes. Nobody said we were chimps. You are just showing your complete ignorance of the Theory of Evolution with what you post here.

It is those who follow literalist versions of the Abrahamic religions that believe we came from dirt (you know, dried mud), not those who believe in Evolution. Well, they believe that Adam did and Eve was made from Adam's rib which was stolen by god like a thief in the night. They also believe that plants came before light, that stars can fall to earth, donkeys talk, Adam came up with names for every living creature in less than 24 hours and a just punishment for children who call someone bald is to be killed by bears.

I won't even mention eating shellfish (which is forbidden in the bible about quadruple the number of times that homosexuality is) and wearing clothes made from mixed fabrics - both of which seem to be ignored by a lot of devotees of the religions - since that is a different matter entirely.

Oops, just mentioned them. emoji14.png

I don't know if any of that applies to you, or not, but you are definitely misrepresenting Evolution in the way that young earth creationists tend to do. Well, either misrepresenting or failing to understand.

Check your sacred theory of evolution mate , were are suppoed to have evolved from something that lurked in the mud . .and then one day mud leads to civilisation . .

I never mentioned biblical stuff or what they believe but if you don't like shellfish , don't eat it . .

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:
3 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:
Check your sacred theory of evolution mate , were are suppoed to have evolved from something that lurked in the mud . .and then one day mud leads to civilisation . .
I never mentioned biblical stuff or what they believe but if you don't like shellfish , don't eat it . .

Something that lurked in the mud? You previously said mud.

Well , primordial soup , init. .

On 5/17/2019 at 8:29 PM, Slartibartfast said:

We (as in humans) make up words, we define categories, we look at the traits of things and put them into the categories. It's all simply definitional. That's the same reason that we are apes (like chimps) and the same reason we are eukaryotes (like pine trees). If he wants to argue the definition of words then I'll just direct him to a dictionary.

It is amusing, though.

. .you did actually say we are like chimps . .  oo , oo. .

We're still no closer to knowing what saintnextlifetime's alternative explanation of what humans are.

That's the only bit I'm hoping to hear about.

You can't be all mouthy over other peoples opinions and then offer no alternative yourself.

If not evolution then what? God? Surely that's not where he is heading.

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

It might be. It's impossible to disprove an unfalsifiable claim, so it would be a safe refuge for him.

Or so he might think ... emoji6.png

It can't be anything else unless he is clinically insane.

What an odd approach though.

Even among religious people I'd have thought there was consensus that the theory of evolution was probably the best theory for where we came from but I might be wrong. Certainly the hard core fundamentalists won't agree. Maybe that is where snlt is coming from.

Maybe snlt was that Question Time guy who yelled out something about the Union......and Jesus.

Edited by oaksoft

11 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I just seem to have been arguing with people on this thread that appear to be taking American beliefs/definitions for things. SNLT looks like he is approaching his stuff from a young earth creationist perspective, while insaintee seems to be using the "one drop" rule to determine who is black - and he is calling me a racist, FFS.

It is impossible to falsify the claim that a god exists, but it is piss easy to falsify the god of the bible, especially if someone claims that the bible is inerrant.

I said above that you are arguing with intellectual bankruptcy.

This tactic of "slap down" histrionics which you and I have both experienced (you should see the gutter level of debates on the politics forum of Pie and Bovril) is a very modern phenomenon. Proponents of it are not interested in engaging in debate, listening to each other and taking the time to both educate and learn something from other human beings. They are, instead, interested in winning an argument by smashing their opponents into the ground and using the moral high ground to force their arguments to be accepted. They use this tactic because it's easy. They don't have to be particularly educated to overpower people. In the absence of any serious education in the matters that they are ironically apparently very passionate about (but not enough to actually educate themselves sufficiently to debate with others), what else should we expect of them?

So for example, you can't support the Tories without wanting poor people to die in the street. You can't support the Union without wanting to f**k over the young people in Scotland. The list goes on. Everything is black and white. Good and evil. TPAK thingy made this very clear earlier. You either support his view point or you are, de facto, a racist scumbag. In his own wee world I am sure he genuinely believes he is right too. The result of this nonsense is childish debates which go nowhere and are ultimately unsatisfying to either party. 

Edited by oaksoft

16 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Humans and bananas are both eukaryotes. Nobody said we were chimps. You are just showing your complete ignorance of the Theory of Evolution with what you post here.

It is those who follow literalist versions of the Abrahamic religions that believe we came from dirt (you know, dried mud), not those who believe in Evolution. Well, they believe that Adam did and Eve was made from Adam's rib which was stolen by god like a thief in the night. They also believe that plants came before light, that stars can fall to earth, donkeys talk, Adam came up with names for every living creature in less than 24 hours and a just punishment for children who call someone bald is to be killed by bears.

I won't even mention eating shellfish (which is forbidden in the bible about quadruple the number of times that homosexuality is) and wearing clothes made from mixed fabrics - both of which seem to be ignored by a lot of devotees of the religions - since that is a different matter entirely.

Oops, just mentioned them. emoji14.png

I don't know if any of that applies to you, or not, but you are definitely misrepresenting Evolution in the way that young earth creationists tend to do. Well, either misrepresenting or failing to understand.

You still quoting the bible as someone without any comprehension of genre, context or covenant, among other things . . . I could be just as stupid trying to convince someone I knew about Japanese horticulture by spouting a few Bonsai names . . . you seem to think that God (Who you don't believe in) ought to think like you do... this my friend is idolatry and precisely one of the main reasons why you find it very hard to comprehend it all...

Just love the phrase I highlighted - bit of a mixed metaphor here - God did not steal the rib, he made woman from it - I for one am pleased about that... the thief in the night is something far more pressing though...

Atheist belief system : the belief that at some point there was nothing, and then nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, (or maybe aliens did it), creating everything, and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself by chance or for no reason whatsoever, and somehow this allowed self-replicating bits to turn into dinosaurs from fish n stuff after a lot of time - wow - makes perfect sense - see those religious twits, how do they not get this!!! How could you believe their stuff with this kind of certainty?

11 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I understand English, christians apparently don't.

From the King James version:

'And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 

'And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.'

Caused him to fall asleep and took one of his ribs without asking.  That's theft.

"Thou shall not steal!"  Aye, right.

I did say that I was talking about those that take it literally.  If you don't, then fair enough. 

I'll deal with the atheist stuff separately.

AFIK the 10 commandments were handed down by God to the Israelites. I have always assumed that the giver of the commandments was exempt! :whistle

Edited by smcc

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

I understand English, christians apparently don't.

From the King James version:

'And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 

'And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.'

Caused him to fall asleep and took one of his ribs without asking.  That's theft.

"Thou shall not steal!"  Aye, right.

I did say that I was talking about those that take it literally.  If you don't, then fair enough.     I'll deal with the atheist stuff separately.

This my friend lies at the heart of the issue - the text was NOT written in English - so the inaccuracies of translation are in the English and other versions are only one of the major difficulties on this... then as you say some folk  take them literally - or twist them a bit to suit their agenda, that adds another layer of confusion.

SO - it says God took but that doe not in any way mean he stole Adam's rib - RIGHT? Adam asked for a companion - when he saw Eve, he did not feel that something had been stolen from him - instead he found his OTHER 1/2.... This was the 1st go at making another human from someone else's DNA .. clever magic for back then me thinks... but kind of fits with the definition of what God can do....

It does not appear that Adam missed his rib in any way other than when Eve was giving him a ribbing though...   🌈