Dundee Sack McIntyre

Wilbur

A manager who gets the job in October while the team are in bottom of the division usually deserves first crack at bouncing back if the team gets relegated but Dundee's recent run has gone above & beyond the call of duty and I look forward to ignoring McIntyre on Sportsound next season - I just hope no-one else is going to diss a man who's done Saints a good turn in recent months. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Those who did not want McIntyre as our manager are vindicated by his results at Dee. They were in a hole when he arrived, and he made it far deeper...

What effect will this have on them for our next game - who knows - it could go either way.

My feeling is that it is good they got the monkey off their back after 10 straight defeats - so they might begin to believe that they are better than they actually are...some of the players will be shocked at losing the manager who brought them in etc...

OF course a win on Monday night is our 1st priority. We do that, and we will have far more to play for than they do. Do we have a superior team - YES! Will we do two wins in a row - I think we may. BUT then it is down to the Fakes against the Hammer throwers... I doubt the Fakes will lie down, and pride is a big deal - they have no reason to do Hamilton any favours... I could see this being a draw or a win to the Fakes...

We may still avoid the play-offs !   :ninja

21 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Strange they are rumoured to be thinking of giving the job to Kenny Miller - Livi picked up dramatically after they got rid of him.

Yip - simply the easiest cost cutting measure available to them. Killer is contracted for another year, on good money etc. So they save on McIntyre and his assistant's wages by Miller on less than McIntyre and taking this on as his playing days are almost over and a cheaper assistant.

They squandered a lot of money in the last two seasons... unless something surprising happens, this will not end well...

I'll admit I thought the safe option would have been appointing a manager with Premier League experience and McIntyre did fit the bill.

Even with a limited squad he made an utter bollocks of it. It shows you how difficult getting the right business done in the transfer windows is. The full time wage for Gus MacPherson many have been moaning about is looking like an excellent investment now.

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

I'll admit I thought the safe option would have been appointing a manager with Premier League experience and McIntyre did fit the bill.

Even with a limited squad he made an utter bollocks of it. It shows you how difficult getting the right business done in the transfer windows is. The full time wage for Gus MacPherson many have been moaning about is looking like an excellent investment now.

Fair doos to you for this... Spot on though. Go through their signings and ours and you can see why we are at the level above them.

Their goalie v ours   -  their CB who broke his foot twice (did he actually play at all)  v  Popescu - I know these are the two best examples, but guys Like McAllister and Dreyer have all contributed. Their will be exceptions like Nazon, but not too many...  :guinness