Why we will be in the playoffs

The past does not always get repeated in exactly the same way... two different teams of players and not even the same competitors (just 1 the same) this time.

If the Fakes go 2 nil up Hamilton ain't coming back as the leagues poorest goal scorers all season.

If they get a penalty and miss, their heads will be touching their laces.

Hartley was a dirty wee bugg*r…  Hamilton have a number of these types and they are more likely to have a player or two sent off...

I would be surprised if they get anything more than a draw . . .

Tommy Wright was sitting beside me last night in the Main Stand with I assume was 1 of his coaching staff taking notes.  I never really spoke to him but just said do us a favour on Saturday he just laughed.  My point is that they are wanting to finish as high up the league as possible and will try to beat Accies

Just now, MWISAINT71 said:

Tommy Wright was sitting beside me last night in the Main Stand with I assume was 1 of his coaching staff taking notes.  I never really spoke to him but just said do us a favour on Saturday he just laughed.  My point is that they are wanting to finish as high up the league as possible and will try to beat Accies

They are guaranteed to finish 7th, can't go up or down.

I hope he listens to your advice though!

18 minutes ago, MWISAINT71 said:

Probably scouting out transfer targets, hence his chuckle at the favour request?

you sure it wasnt a Mwaa-haa-haa-haa type laugh? Lol

I did mention this earlier as a concern

However to counteract

• Fakes have lost local derby v Dundee and will want back with United or even Caley
  • Wright hates plastic pitches
  • Fakes are a far better team than Accies
  • Wright will want as many points as possible
  • Irish connection - Wright/ Kearney/ Nicholl
  • I am clutching at straws
  • This thread is paranoia
  • :rolleyes:

On 5/14/2019 at 12:26 PM, DougJamie said:

I did mention this earlier as a concern

However to counteract

• Fakes have lost local derby v Dundee and will want back with United or even Caley
  • Wright hates plastic pitches
  • Fakes are a far better team than Accies
  • Wright will want as many points as possible
  • Irish connection - Wright/ Kearney/ Nicholl
  • I am clutching at straws
  • This thread is paranoia
  • :rolleyes:

This thread is ridiculous. 😀

Are people deliberately trying to psych ourselves out of this?

There is a very large probability that Hamilton will drop points. We need to focus SOLELY on beating Dundee.

If we seize up and miss our chance because we have convinced ourselves St J will simply lie down, we'll be regretting it for years.

Anyone who thinks St J will lie down doesn't understand competitive sport.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There is a very large probability that Hamilton will drop points. We need to focus SOLELY on beating Dundee.

If we seize up and miss our chance because we have convinced ourselves St J will simply lie down, we'll be regretting it for years.

"But we are St. Mirren fans" I can hear the shouts... We don't win every week and things often contrive against us... etc. etc.

I am with you on this one - do what is within your power - that way at least you have done all you can...

I also believe the Fakes are a far better team than them. . . players love winning... :cheers

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Wrights Fakes will never lie down, he said a few weeks back v us, he hates losing and thats when he drew

If Accies beat Fakes fair play, we will need to earn the right to stay in a league that we had 12 points after 24 games, the last 13 games have yielded 17 points, that has given us this window.......................

My main concern is we beat Dee, which will not be easy either as a lot of their players mortgages and security is at risk..................