Potty Mouth

Does anyone know who the guy is that clearly sits just below the TV gantry and swears like trooper?

It's incredible how many expletives he gets through in one game. BT/Sky are never done apologising "if you heard some colourful language there" Reckon they don't have to apologise so much at any other ground.

I'm a fan of the swearie, so it doesnae bother me, but it got to the point last night where BT almost gave up apologising as they would have spent more time doing that than commentating on the game! Sutton even said at one point "I wouldn't like to attend games with my kids if that guy below us was sitting next to me".

So come on. Someone must know who it is. It might even be you.

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Does anyone know who the guy is that clearly sits just below the TV gantry and swears like trooper?

It's incredible how many expletives he gets through in one game. BT/Sky are never done apologising "if you heard some colourful language there" Reckon they don't have to apologise so much at any other ground.

I'm a fan of the swearie, so it doesnae bother me, but it got to the point last night where BT almost gave up apologising as they would have spent more time doing that than commentating on the game! Sutton even said at one point "I wouldn't like to attend games with my kids if that guy below us was sitting next to me".

Shull, Wendy, Gtretch, Stubbs, Shetland- same guy, lots of noise, plenty of issues :whistle

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thing is, we've tended to get quite a few home televised games. I'd be worried that might start to dry up if broadcasters feel there's a risk there.

(For the record, I f**king love swearing too and am not in the slightest offended by it, nor do I think anybody should be. However, broadcasters take it ridiculously seriously.)

18 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Thing is, we've tended to get quite a few home televised games. I'd be worried that might start to dry up if broadcasters feel there's a risk there.

(For the record, I f**king love swearing too and am not in the slightest offended by it, nor do I think anybody should be. However, broadcasters take it ridiculously seriously.)

The blood was certainly up last night amongst our support , relegation dogfight against a notoriously dirty team/ almost like a cup final, so when someone like Danny gets basically assaulted by Mackinnon , then the blood is really up especially when Collum exacerbates the situation by booking Captain Fantastic . Then we have 99 , who fouls big Gary about 6 times before he finally wipes him out and we get further ineptitude from referee Collum who seemed to be at a different game as he let Woods continually time waste as well . So , considering that men have traditionally went to fitba' to vent their spleens , I'm not surprised someone was mouthing off last night , l could hear it all around me and see veins sticking out of necks  too . . unless . . you think the guy heard on the telly is ramping it up for the show. .

32 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Can they not just move the microphone? 

Problem solved.

11 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Problem solved.

I wondered that too, but I think he sits really close to the commentators and it's the commentators' handheld mics that are picking them up. Just my guess

13 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

The blood was certainly up last night amongst our support , relegation dogfight against a notoriously dirty team/ almost like a cup final, so when someone like Danny gets basically assaulted by Mackinnon , then the blood is really up especially when Collum exacerbates the situation by booking Captain Fantastic . Then we have 99 , who fouls big Gary about 6 times before he finally wipes him out and we get further ineptitude from referee Collum who seemed to be at a different game as he let Woods continually time waste as well . So , considering that men have traditionally went to fitba' to vent their spleens , I'm not surprised someone was mouthing off last night , l could hear it all around me and see veins sticking out of necks  too . . unless . . you think the guy heard on the telly is ramping it up for the show. .

Well, yeah, as far as I'm concerned it was all part of the spectacle. In the cold light of day, it was a great game last night. Plenty of neutrals on Twitter and P&B have said they really enjoyed it. A few 'f**ks' here and there just complements that, IMHO.

I've got a young son (3, so he repeats pretty much whatever he hears) and I reckon I could have put him in front of that without any fear of him picking up swears.

The other thing that grinds my gears is that they never, ever apologise for sectarian chanting. Which is a bigger problem in Scotland? Bad language or Sectarianism? 

Edited by Magic Monkey

The thing is it could be any area of the ground as the touchline mics pick up a lot of the things being said/shouted. I used to have my telly connected through a home cinema app and it was funny hearing the swearing coming through the surround speakers behind me, not particularly loudly, but creepy when there was a lull in the game punctuated by a "you're a prick" or similar coming from over your shoulder and there's no-one else in house

19 minutes ago, madball said:

The thing is it could be any area of the ground as the touchline mics pick up a lot of the things being said/shouted. I used to have my telly connected through a home cinema app and it was funny hearing the swearing coming through the surround speakers behind me, not particularly loudly, but creepy when there was a lull in the game punctuated by a "you're a prick" or similar coming from over your shoulder and there's no-one else in house

I was getting that last night :lol: Kept hearing 'ya clueless wanker'. Then my wife went upstairs and it quietened down a bit.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

If that happens then good! If we have fewer home televised games then we'll have fewer Monday nights and Sat/Sun mid-day ko's.

We have had SIX home league games televised so far and not one single away league  game (albeit that will change on Saturday).

I wonder how the home versus away live game stats stack up for the other 9 non-OF clubs.

5 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Those four all occupy one seat in W1 right behind me...oh the joys.

Jeez man.......................

Between Climate Change, Divers, and the OF you must be sick fed up

Might suggest they move to W8 or 9 :P

7 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

If that happens then good! If we have fewer home televised games then we'll have fewer Monday nights and Sat/Sun mid-day ko's.

I live hunners of miles away so I like it :P

Was there not a story that the TV production crews loved our ground because it's easy to get to /leave and has decent facilities for them?

Didn’t Alba have to delay the rebroadcast of a game we played at Inverness (or Dingwall). The game was supposed to be shown at tea time but was delayed to after the watershed because of “foul language”. Now I don’t have a word of the Gaelic in my head but I wouldn’t call it a foul language.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sutton even said at one point "I wouldn't like to attend games with my kids if that guy below us was sitting next to me".

If he wants to attend our games with his kids then he’s got the Family Stand. No swearing in there.

Swearers are more than welcome in the other three stands. It’s just bad positioning of the tv gantry, our language wont be any worse than a number of other clubs.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sutton even said at one point "I wouldn't like to attend games with my kids if that guy below us was sitting next to me".

Sectarian bile is acceptable to Sutton but not a sweary here and there. Maybe the guy in W4 should render a chorus of The Soldier's Song for him.

I sit directly in front of the camera gantry...I can honestly say I had no idea the fuss that had made until half time and don't remember any great sweary sweary more than usual? As has been said above Accies battering us and Collum being Collum...no wonder there was f**kin swearing! If a shout of 'just f**kin score son' was heard when Kyle got the ball at the end was heard - that was me and I am proud of it!

The big furry mic hings were moved I think in the first season we were there, they were put up higher and slightly further along from ma pal Darn who has  a very loud voice always haha. Bigoted bile no probs fuzz it out...saints fans - bad swearies. Gies peace.

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I must hold my hand up

I did say " Oh f$ck" in the 3rd minute when they guy rounded our goalie, it was loud but I was in main stand

If it carried then I can only apologise

You're safe mate,you were drowned out by the idiot who sits behind me in the Main Stand.

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

f**ked if I know.

3 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Problem solved.

They seem to somehow manage it for 50,000 bigots giving it "f**k the pope and the IRA" every week at Ibrox. The technology exists.

4 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

We get paid the same amount from the league regardless. Money isn't paid out for getting an extra game televised unless its the cup. The whole thing is set up so they can televise all the bigots games plus Hibs playing the Edinburgh bigots too. Actually, last night was the only family friendly match they'll show all season! f**k em.

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

WGAF?