Opposition signings season 2019-20

Sweeper07

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Right. 

What sort of club at any level brings in a dozen trialists before first team pre-season starts, has them running drill with the U20s (as that was all that was in training last week) and decides to sign two of them without even gauging their ability in training against the first team squad members who aren't back until Monday?

We haven't even cracked a ball out yet and we are impressed enough by 2 trialists and confident in their ability enough that we are signing them? Come on!  :lol:

There might well be 2 new players in next week, I don't dispute that as I don't know either way. What I do know though is that they won't have signed following a trial last week. 

Who says we have signed them? Who said they were with the U20s? Do you know for a fact that something else was not on the go - I'll answer that one for you NO!!!

Definitely interested means they may be what we are looking for. You think agents are not keen to let their lads come to us on spec? (or other clubs for that matter)

So if we are interested in them, it would be no surprise that they are up with us when the 1st team arrive back - RIGHT?

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Who says we have signed them? Who said they were with the U20s? Do you know for a fact that something else was not on the go - I'll answer that one for you NO!!!

Definitely interested means they may be what we are looking for. You think agents are not keen to let their lads come to us on spec? (or other clubs for that matter)

So if we are interested in them, it would be no surprise that they are up with us when the 1st team arrive back - RIGHT?

Give it up sweep. You've clearly made all of this up. 

2 signings next week right enough. Popescu and a goalkeeper who was here last season. 

Are they 2 of these trialists? 

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Give it up sweep. You've clearly made all of this up. 

2 signings next week right enough. Popescu and a goalkeeper who was here last season. 

Are they 2 of these trialists? 

Where did I say we there will be "2 signings next week".

Actually I think there will be more than 2, but until the paperwork is done they ARE NO GUARENTEES... Great if Popescu and  a goalie,  a CB, and whoever else from last season sign - BUT there will be new guys in looking to impress - that is a given EVEN IF I knew nothing...

Anyway you believe whatever you want to... I will be happy to have the last laugh...  :ninja

Edited by Sweeper07

23 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

That attitude deserves no reply, but there are others on here who are not jealous, cheeky or huffy when someone knows stuff . . . 

Yes we are definitely interested in 2 of the lads from this week...  :ninja

Away!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, faraway saint said:

Imagine we had him.............................oh wait. :lol:

Honestly, I reckon he's shat out of taking the step up. Hibs, Aberdeen and Sunderland were all heavily linked.

The Sunderland deal looked more or less a done thing...McCall all but named them last week when talking about him. So to see him pick Dundee Utd keeps him firmly in the big fish small pond category and more than likely makes him one of the highest earners at the club.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Honestly, I reckon he's shat out of taking the step up. Hibs, Aberdeen and Sunderland were all heavily linked.

The Sunderland deal looked more or less a done thing...McCall all but named them last week when talking about him. So to see him pick Dundee Utd keeps him firmly in the big fish small pond category and more than likely makes him one of the highest earners at the club.

Aye, you reckon. :lol:

Who knows, I reckon he;s the one who got away.

We can "reckon" away all we like, so I reckon he'd score goals for a team that gives him service, irrespective what league he's in.

Just now, faraway saint said:

Aye, you reckon. :lol:

Who knows, I reckon he;s the one who got away.

We can "reckon" away all we like, so I reckon he'd score goals for a team that gives him service, irrespective what league he's in.

You're totally f**king bizarre. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Why? :blink:

Because my "reckon" is different from yours? :lol:

Not at all, I'm all for a debate on merits of a player. Its more the rather strange way you picked up on a particular word i typed and blazed through it 4 times in a 3 sentence post in your reply.

Not sure why my saying it triggered the passive agressive response it did but it was pretty f**king weird. :lol:

Just a highly odd way of trying to stir up debate.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Not at all, I'm all for a debate on merits of a player. Its more the rather strange way you picked up on a particular word i typed and blazed through it 4 times in a 3 sentence post in your reply.

Not sure why my saying it triggered the passive agressive response it did but it was pretty f**king weird. :lol:

Just a highly odd way of trying to stir up debate.

Doesn't the word "reckon" mean next to feck all? :lol:

Here's an idea..........................

I reckon you stay on an estate where all the houses are the same, you pop out on a Sunday and wash your 4x4 at the same time as everybody else.

How's that for a "reckon"...................keep up with the deflection, always a sign you're fcuked. :byebye

PS "passive/aggressive"................:lol:

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Doesn't the word "reckon" mean next to feck all? :lol:

Here's an idea..........................

I reckon you stay on an estate where all the houses are the same, you pop out on a Sunday and wash your 4x4 at the same time as everybody else.

How's that for a "reckon"...................keep up with the deflection, always a sign you're fcuked. :byebye

PS "passive/aggressive"................:lol:

Christ on a bike.... 

Seek help. 

On 6/19/2019 at 11:15 PM, djchapsticks said:

I've no idea what that means but nice to see you're currently in the 'insufferable bellend' phase of your posting cycle. :lol: 

I'll be back in a few months once you've calmed back down to being semi-decent again.👋

"Passive aggressive" :lol:

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Christ on a bike.... 

Seek help. 

This comes across as "I'm fecked and have no answers"..........................:byebye

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I suppose it guarantees him first team football. I think he's the type of player who needs to play every week, otherwise he gets frustrated and it has a negative effect on his attitude and ultimately his performance.

As you say, you do have to wonder whether he does have it within him to make the step up. Having said that, I do think that he'll score plenty for United.

Lot's of talk about him being the highest earner at the club etc. If that is true, it's a lot of money to invest in a player that hasn't gone beyond Championship level.

Shankland was eventually an overweight waste of space with us. He admitted this, and has worked hard to sort himself out. Good luck to the guy.

20 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I suppose it guarantees him first team football. I think he's the type of player who needs to play every week, otherwise he gets frustrated and it has a negative effect on his attitude and ultimately his performance.

As you say, you do have to wonder whether he does have it within him to make the step up. Having said that, I do think that he'll score plenty for United.

Lot's of talk about him being the highest earner at the club etc. If that is true, it's a lot of money to invest in a player that hasn't gone beyond Championship level.

Shankland was eventually an overweight waste of space with us. He admitted this, and has worked hard to sort himself out. Good luck to the guy.

Rumoured to be 3k p/w and 250k signing on fee. If that's true, Utd better hope they get promoted this season. 

On 6/12/2019 at 8:16 PM, FTOF said:

OK stated in the run up to the that we had drawn up two lists of signing targets depending on whether we stayed up or were relegated.

I'm happy to let the club get on with their business, given the quality of some of the players we signed in January, which is traditionally a very difficult market to sign decent players.

I'm sure the signings will be announced over the next couple of weeks.

I'm sure as well.................................:lol:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I'm sure as well.................................:lol:

As I'm sure you are aware, there has been a managerial change since I posted that, and I'm sure that you'll be aware that our new manager was only appointed last Friday.

I'm sure you're not that stupid.:lol:

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

As I'm sure you are aware, there has been a managerial change since I posted that, and I'm sure that you'll be aware that our new manager was only appointed last Friday.

I'm sure you're not that stupid.:lol:

I'm sure you're aware you said we had two lists of players drawn up.........................did someone lose them? :lol:

10 hours ago, munoz said:

Rumoured to be 3k p/w and 250k signing on fee. If that's true, Utd better hope they get promoted this season. 

That's a hell of a lot of money for a player who has scored three less goals from more game time than Cody Cooke, in the top league.:whistle

Where did I say we there will be "2 signings next week".
Actually I think there will be more than 2, but until the paperwork is done they ARE NO GUARENTEES... Great if Popescu and  a goalie,  a CB, and whoever else from last season sign - BUT there will be new guys in looking to impress - that is a given EVEN IF I knew nothing...
Anyway you believe whatever you want to... I will be happy to have the last laugh...  :ninja

Right, so I take it the last laugh was on you then?

Yet again! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]