Dundee Utd v St. Mirren / St. Mirren v Dundee Utd, 23rd May / 26th May

Guest TPAFKATS
On Thursday Cooke has to start in place of Lyons, only change I would make from today's starting lineup.
Brilliant performance from Cooke, don't see OK playing 2 up front away in first leg though.
Question is whether he thinks Cooke can play lone striker role?

Hodson played very well today but I OK is pretty loyal and I think will stick with Musek.

I suspect he might put Cooke in Mullen's position and retain Lyons. Nothing else will change IMO.

Oh and I genuinely can't see anything other than a good win for us on Thursday providing the players play with as little fear as possible.

Interesting views - all fair and reasoned. Here is mine for what it is worth

Hodson replaces Lyons and Cooke on with Mullen for the start.   McAllister to come on as required

Muzek is our best LB - give him a chance to recover for only his 2nd bad mistake all season . . .

More from Magennis in these next two also...

Tighter defensively also - today was poorer than we have been for months . . .

10 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

On Thursday Cooke has to start in place of Lyons, only change I would make from today's starting lineup.

I would make more of an impact starting instead of Lyons...in last 6 or 7 games we have only scored goals when he went off park...think he gives his all but is a terrible footballer...

Brilliant performance from Cooke, don't see OK playing 2 up front away in first leg though.
Question is whether he thinks Cooke can play lone striker role?
Cooke generally hasnt played back to back matches even after playing well.

Do we think he can play Thursday and Sunday?

Guest TPAFKATS
Cooke generally hasnt played back to back matches even after playing well.

Do we think he can play Thursday and Sunday?
That's a fair point. I don't think playing one target man is the best option anyway. Plays into hands of united centre backs. The smaller more mobile lone striker has worked well. Particularly effective in getting our opponents red cards when ball played into space for striker to run onto.

Whether we like it or not, cheat McMullen is a big player for them and will be a huge threat down our left flank . We need to play whoever is best to match him for speed and try to nullify the threat he can provide . Neither Hodson or Muzek are particularly swift but I’d rather have Muzek as a natural left footed defender . Will be a big test .

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Whether we like it or not, cheat McMullen is a big player for them and will be a huge threat down our left flank . We need to play whoever is best to match him for speed and try to nullify the threat he can provide . Neither Hodson or Muzek are particularly swift but I’d rather have Muzek as a natural left footed defender . Will be a big test .

Aye, he was on fire on Friday night, has his tail up and looking at us yesterday, and United will have watched that closely, he will be looking to cause havoc. 

Need some support from the midfield. 

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

McMullen has a weak spot we have all seen. He hates being ruffled. We need to put in a couple of crunching tackles.

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I think they have more thread than just the cheat. Sanfranko, Clark and Sow are all capable of goals. I am not saying any of them are top Premiership class, but we need to be tighter at marking than we were against Dee yesterday.

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

McMullen has a weak spot we have all seen. He hates being ruffled. We need to put in a couple of crunching tackles.

Yes, this ^^^ players like him don't like a kicking early on... but we also need to keep 11 on the park too.

Last time we were well beaten in the middle of the park too.  This is why we need to get right in about them and give them no time to think. Hodson, McGinn, Flynn and Magennis for me in their.

Muzek and Popescu need to bring their A game for this one too after poorer games against Dee.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yes I agree it's risky it has to be timed right clean but hard. 

We need four tackles, not send-off hard tackles, by every defender taking it in turns.  Medium hard and frequent. :)

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

We need four tackles, not send-off hard tackles, by every defender taking it in turns.  Medium hard and frequent. :)

Stop him you have a very good chance of winning the game. Always thought there was something there but it was not with us I did not rate. 

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yes I agree it's risky it has to be timed right clean but hard. 

He has talent. He is now scoring goals and he is quick.

True - he has tended to hide a bit when given a hard time early on in a game.

But lets play fair.

If Jackson is fit I'd have him in before Mullen. Would like two up front - Jackson and Cooke. And Muzek has been great for us - would have him starting as usual.
I'd prefer Mullen to start. Jackson has been effective whenever he's come on as a sub.
Also like to see Cooke start but I suspect we'll take a more conservative approach and OK will stick with his favoured formation, trying to make us hard to beat, with only one up front.

Yes, this ^^^ players like him don't like a kicking early on... but we also need to keep 11 on the park too.
Last time we were well beaten in the middle of the park too.  This is why we need to get right in about them and give them no time to think. Hodson, McGinn, Flynn and Magennis for me in their.
Muzek and Popescu need to bring their A game for this one too after poorer games against Dee.
I am also concerned that we keep 11 on the park. We've had a few breaks with decisions recently. Need to take care not to give the officials the opportunity to make a mistake....

13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

He has talent. He is now scoring goals and he is quick.

True - he has tended to hide a bit when given a hard time early on in a game.

But lets play fair.

You have to play fair Ricky but there is nothing wrong in playing to a weekends that's why I wrote clean and hard. It's going to be some contest Very exciting end to the season.  Was surprised to  hear Thommo on Sportscene say Cook won't start.  I would start him.