freethinker

St Mirren v Dundee Utd Play Off Second Leg

28 minutes ago, Dare said:

Well it’s all come down to this, 90 minutes at home to save our top league status. Given where we were it is amazing we have somehow managed to give ourselves this chance. As the song goes whatever will be, will be - let’s all get right behind the team today as these guys have done us proud.

Oh aye and ............  let’s f#cken do this mob ! COYS!!!!

More than a chance. If we are brave on the ball and attack that Dundee United backline we will be a Premiership club next season.

10 hours ago, TopCat said:

Playoffs are great fun hm?

First time St Mirren have ever been in them. We usually go straight down or straight up.

Indeed first time we’ve played a two legged competitive tie since... The European adventures of the 80’s?

More of this kinda thing. Loving the 2 day long half time break, it’s like extended pie queue banter on steroids.

Can’t wait for tomorrow. It’s going to be totes emosh either way.

Strap in.

Firstly, you've certainly never engaged in a real life conversation, let alone "pie queue banter"...

Secondly, totes emosh - what age are you?

Thirdly, for good measure - tick tock...

Edited by W6Saint

1 hour ago, shull said:

Just a wee message to those who wish to start a fecking rammy over a seat in a Stadium where every person can see the pitch no matter the seat they are seated in.

If folk sit in the seat they purchased, everything will run sweetly.

See you all in W4

COME ON THE SAINTS !!!

Hopefully not. :lol: 

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

2-1 gives 9/1, 3-1 is 22/1

1-1 is a poor 5/1 compared to 10/1 on Thursday.

Although I think we'll win, I'm really not confident of picking the correct score.  No more gambling for me (this season).

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

Although I think we'll win, I'm really not confident of picking the correct score.  No more gambling for me (this season).

The more I think about it the more uncertain I am......................it'll be a decision closer to kick off.

First goal, not exactly rocket science, is crucial. :shutup

1 minute ago, Luther G. Presley said:

The thought of penalties if giving me the fear!!!!

My thoughts exactly, with the exception of our apparent expertise in the league cup this season, historically  we’ve been pretty shite in shoot outs.

Here’s hoping it doesn’t cone to that. 

My thoughts exactly, with the exception of our apparent expertise in the league cup this season, historically  we’ve been pretty shite in shoot outs.
Here’s hoping it doesn’t cone to that. 
I'd forgotten all about that. Another reason to be cheerful. Hopeful we won't need penalties or extra time.

Less than 5 hours to go and I am nervous as f**k. After what I witnessed on Thursday I shouldn't be, but this is Saint Mirren after all.

I saw nothing then that should get me overly worried but that's almost logical. Can't have that.

Score? Don't know but hope we have one more goal on the board than them after 90 minutes + injury time.

COYS!

Edited by stlucifer

3 hours ago, shull said:

Just a wee message to those who wish to start a fecking rammy over a seat in a Stadium where every person can see the pitch no matter the seat they are seated in.

If folk sit in the seat they purchased, everything will run sweetly.

See you all in W4

COME ON THE SAINTS !!!

If you do then interstadial DEFINITELY Fecked up!

Edited by stlucifer

4 minutes ago, elvis said:
24 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:
Let's do this, confident we'll win the game because Utd aren't that great. COYS!!

That's what they are saying about us

And they would be right. But it's a matter of who are the least great. On Thursday showing, It's a close call, but we have home advantage so, I for one, hope that counts for something

Edited by stlucifer

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

And they would be right. But it's a matter of who are the least great. On Thursday showing, It's a close call, but we have home advantage so, I for one, hope that counts for something

That's how I see it, not a great deal between the teams, both were poor on Thursday night, only needs us to raise the bar a bit, combined being at home, and we can win it but it's going to be a nervy affair.