freethinker

St Mirren v Dundee Utd Play Off Second Leg

1 minute ago, buddiecat said:

No usual confirmation email received regarding the seats i've bought. I think someone has set it up yesterday and is on a day off today. I can kinda understand that there is not much time for allowing ST holders to get a chance of buying their seat before general sale, but i would imagine this could have been notified to us last week.

Same for me, although at least it's confirmed on the purchase history in my account.

21 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

No usual confirmation email received regarding the seats i've bought. I think someone has set it up yesterday and is on a day off today. I can kinda understand that there is not much time for allowing ST holders to get a chance of buying their seat before general sale, but i would imagine this could have been notified to us last week.

The ticketing site is and always has been an absolute disgrace.

A 24 hour head start for ST holders would have been nice.

I went through the complicated one at a time system to get our two... Only to be told one of the seats was unavailable!

As our area is full, it would have been wrong to take a fellow ST holders seat.

Instead, I refreshed, and magically, both our seats were available.

I can see a flood of complaints for this.

If ST's are not valid... Make it unallocated!

That gives ST holders a better chance of getting their regular seat by getting there early enough.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Yeah. Shambles should probably replace glitches in this case.

I suspect that someone, connected to the clowns that run the online ticketing, has pressed a button before they should have.

Strange that tickets are on sale online before any details on the website.

The drop down menu when you buy a ticket for someone on your registered friends list, gives options e.g. senior citizen, but that doesn't appear on your digital bill and I was charged £18. I suspect a senior citizens ticket would have a discount.

Should be an interesting experience for anyone working in the ticket office tomorrow. I think "irate" maybe mood of the day on the phones.:lol:

I thought that too but pressed update after selecting a kids ticket and the basket updated with the reduced price. 

Seems like the team are better at ‘controlling the controllables’ than the rest of the organisation. 

Can't buy your own ST seat and no option to put the ticket on your card, got to pay postage (nowhere near Paisley for collection) for a paper ticket. Poor, poor show but not unexpected given our track record
ETA something very odd in W5, every row the first seat "available" seems to be number 113 what about all the seat numbered lower (ST 92) . Methinks there has been a screw up somewhere.
W4 has the seats numbered up to and including 112 buddie.

2 hours ago, shetland said:

They could have opened Ticket Office between 2 and 4 today just before the Women's Match. 

Might have boosted that attendance as well as selling tickets for next week. 

Take your common sense and rationale elsewhere. You should know it is not welcome around these parts. 

Aye me included who had lost her seat. Don't let the it's the site's fault. They were planning them to go on general sale tomoro, this had given them an excuse to blame the site and make out they werent doing general sale. They should give those that have bought a seat that isn't there other tickets and give us our seats back. Arses.

I would suggest that certain seats in the main stand sold out before the "glitch" was noticed. It stinks of the same fans council suggestion of selling the family stand to a Glasgow mob and THEN telling the affected ST holders all about it, it is also notable that as soon as the club started running their own buses to games they stopped advertising the travel club buses times. Vote almost any current board member in (when the shares are bought and the fans own the club) and expect more of the same.

Yeah. Been bleating about "my seat" for years. Thems the breaks, mistakes happen. You'll get a seat so dry yer eyes

Have said from day one that all stands should be unreserved seats... Including season tickets.

Makes it easier to bring a friend and increase our support.

Folks will almost certainly get the same seat every week anyway if just one of their group gets there early enough.

Makes complete business sense.

The atmosphere away from home is better partly for that reason.

58 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:
1 hour ago, jaybee said:

They do have a point

To a degree. Wanting folk sacked because you might need to sit in a different seat to watch a football match is a bit much though.

Yes it is.  What I meant was I don't see any reason why a season ticket holder shouldn't have the option to purchase their seat before it is is included in the general sale, not an unreasonable expectation methinks.

8 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Yes it is.  What I meant was I don't see any reason why a season ticket holder shouldn't have the option to purchase their seat before it is is included in the general sale, not an unreasonable expectation methinks.

But it ceased to be "your seat" after Monday night. 

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:
11 minutes ago, jaybee said:

But it ceased to be "your seat" after Monday night. 

Ok, just like you ceased to be a reasonable person putting forward one side of a discussion and suddenly became a TWAT