freethinker

St Mirren v Dundee Utd Play Off Second Leg

Club are happy enough to take a whole seasons worth of money upfront pre season.
Now ahead of the biggest game of the season if you want to sit in your usual seat with those you spend all season sitting with you are being a greetin faced wean.

9 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Ok, just like you ceased to be a reasonable person putting forward one side of a discussion and suddenly became a TWAT

Of course you put your side of discussion I put forward mine. 

The club own the seat you paid to rent it for 19 games your 19th game was Monday. 

Don't see the big deal of sitting on a different seat for 1 f#####g match. 

Yes it is.  What I meant was I don't see any reason why a season ticket holder shouldn't have the option to purchase their seat before it is is included in the general sale, not an unreasonable expectation methinks.
That was the intention.

Somebody cocked it up and "the system" is getting the blame.

16 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

That was the intention.

I have given up trying to buy tickets online. Over the phone works well, however.

It is strange that the board apologist hasn’t been along to defend this yet.... is this a step too far for even him... or perhaps he is happy with a ‘few’ fans not getting their usual seats and doesn’t feel the need to justify it. 

A total cock up by the club again, difficult to see a way out that will satisfy the majority never mind everyone. 

Hopefully those that have been wronged will be able to get seats as close as possible to their usual ones, at least in the same section or stand. 

I can understand the club not wanting to publicly say they had a plan for the play offs but they really should have been prepared for the possibility. 

The sort of stuff that would embarrass a bowling club committee. 

8 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

I can understand the club not wanting to publicly say they had a plan for the play offs 

Why? Both Celtic & Hearts have plans for a bus parade "if" they win the cup next weekend!

It was binary scenario - either we get in the play-offs or we don't! - Been that situation for a fortnight!

3 minutes ago, branniganm said:

I'll be in Lanzarote for the second leg. Any Buddies there too and want to meet up to watch the game ?

Should be on in a bar somewhere surely - suggestions ? 

COYS !!!!

The only major game in Europe so, shouldn't be a problem anywhere!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scores-fixtures/2019-05-23

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

That was the intention.

They had a plan in place should we end up in the play- off. The problems have occurred due to the ticketing site making an arse of it again. If you agree with the company you use that tickets (season , initially) will be made available on Monday and they then make all tickets available to anyone on Saturday, what can you do ? Don't get me wrong, the club have been told time and time again how awful the site is so I am kind of torn between , it wasn't their fault... and it's no surprise that this has happened. 

1 hour ago, thepaisleypanda said:

Why? Both Celtic & Hearts have plans for a bus parade "if" they win the cup next weekend!

It was binary scenario - either we get in the play-offs or we don't! - Been that situation for a fortnight!

A binary choice where the action is required  if the outcome is positive is entirely different from when the action is required if the outcome is negative. 

Better have enough people manning the phones tomorrow. I'm sure I,m not the only one who can't get anything out of the sh*te ticket site,who works all day ( and lives an hours drive away) and who is a season tkt holder ( and have been since 1977). As such the only way I can see of getting a ticket is to phone in for it. No doubt my seat towards the back of the west stand will already be taken and  therefore will probably be left with a crappy view seat towards the front of the stand.

Under the circumstances can the club not just announce that seating will be unreserved on this occasion.........get there early and at least you have a chance of getting your seat choice. Alternatively can us supporters not just put it out there that we agree to go with unreserved seating ( since its almost certain people will sit in their season tkt seat regardless- especially if they are just put on the smart card and no way of anyone checking if you should be in any other seat other than the one listed on your smart card?).  It will only take a few sitting in the 'wrong' seat to have a huge knock on effect and then the allocated seating goes to pot anyway.

1 hour ago, DumboBud said:

A binary choice where the action is required  if the outcome is positive is entirely different from when the action is required if the outcome is negative. 

Eh? :wacko:

2 weeks ago (Won at Motherwell / Dundee relegated!) - It was a case of auto-survival or play-off!

Monday- fail to win or play-off!

Saturday - See what happens!

It was play-off or or survival! - We are where we are - no surprises!

Flick a switch, to activate ticket system / STHs Saturday 1700 till Monday 1700, then a free for all, can't be THAT difficult!! 

12 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

That was the intention.

Apparently it wasn't as an employee told several of our bus members on Saturday it was general sale on Monday. One of these members emailed the SLO yesterday about it and was told as a club they could only apologise for an 'error of judgement' nothing about a technical glitch. David Nicol is the only one who has bothered to engage with fans on the matter on twitter and he says it isn't true. Tho he never replied to my comment about the SLO.

It's a big fat mess and it's really not a surprise sadly.

Apparently it wasn't as an employee told several of our bus members on Saturday it was general sale on Monday. One of these members emailed the SLO yesterday about it and was told as a club they could only apologise for an 'error of judgement' nothing about a technical glitch. David Nicol is the only one who has bothered to engage with fans on the matter on twitter and he says it isn't true. Tho he never replied to my comment about the SLO.
It's a big fat mess and it's really not a surprise sadly.
Ach well... As Baz says, only a few fans are affected and it was an honest mistake!

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Ach well... As Baz says, only a few fans are affected and it was an honest mistake!
emoji15.pngemoji15.pngemoji15.pngemoji26.png

Think it's more than a few to be fair Brian. Honest mistake - did you read my post - something doesn't add up bud!

Think it's more than a few to be fair Brian. Honest mistake - did you read my post - something doesn't add up bud!
Totally agree.
It's a farce, again showing little regard for fans.

I was being sarcastic as it's the kind of thing Baz crawls out of the chairmans backside to defend!

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Totally agree.
It's a farce, again showing little regard for fans.

I was being sarcastic as it's the kind of thing Baz crawls out of the chairmans backside to defend! emoji12.png

Brian I don't come on here anymore so I have absolutely nae idea who Baz is haha

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/2860-dundee-united-tickets-on-sale-to-season-ticket-holders

Tickets for Sunday's play-off final match against Dundee Utd at the Simple Digital Arena are now on sale to season ticket holders. 

Prices are in line with the SPFL's minimum pricing of £18 for adults and £12 for concessions. 

The ticket office opening hours will be extended this week and we'll have full details of that on stmirren.com tomorrow.

Despite making all the advance preparations we could for the ticket sales for our upcoming play-off games we have been undone by an unexpected glitch. 

Everything was set up in preparation for the tickets to go on sale tomorrow, however, the ticketing system went live last night and it appears that this has allowed people to buy tickets. This has now become common knowledge and everybody is now buying tickets. 

As of now we have put a hold on anyone buying a ticket who is not a season ticket holder until 10am on Monday morning.

We have also put a hold on all season ticket holders seats until 4pm tomorrow to allow anyone who does not buy online to come down to the ticket office.

Unfortunately this will not allow fans whose seats have been sold to get them back but it will give them the opportunity to buy the best of what is left. 

We would like to apologise in advance to all those who are unable to get their regular seat.

Not any fans fault so hopefully everyone, or at least most reasonable fans will accept that and everyone take the seat they got. Its several years overdue for the club to chuck interstadia, even if they are the cheapest!

read a few suggestions about trying to get the club to call it free/unallocated seating, so ST holders who didnt get their usual seat can go sit there anyway.  Sounds like a good idea until you think for a second that even more ST holders could end up in another seat, even though they actually got their usual one added!

Thankfully, its not like our club to f**k up seating, shift kids and families and piss off season ticket holders lol.

I logged on yesterday morning around 0730 and was surprised to see tickets on sale, I just assumed it would go to STH first before the general sale, as we’ve booked flights and coming over from Jersey  I wasn’t taking chances and bought 4 together in W4.

The site is an utter shambles, you can’t put more than one seat in your basket at a time, so have to go back to add to basket, by the time you’ve done this 4 times at least one of the seats have been sold, so it took several attempts to get 4 together, but by the sounds of it I’ve been lucky.

I’ve got a silver membership for Arsenal, on their website as soon as you put a purchase in your basket it freezes that seat and you have 7 minutes to make the purchase, so gives you enough time to buy additional seats using other mates memberships so you’re all sat together. Works well 

25 minutes ago, Jimmy H said:

I logged on yesterday morning around 0730 and was surprised to see tickets on sale, I just assumed it would go to STH first before the general sale, as we’ve booked flights and coming over from Jersey  I wasn’t taking chances and bought 4 together in W4.

The site is an utter shambles, you can’t put more than one seat in your basket at a time, so have to go back to add to basket, by the time you’ve done this 4 times at least one of the seats have been sold, so it took several attempts to get 4 together, but by the sounds of it I’ve been lucky.

I’ve got a silver membership for Arsenal, on their website as soon as you put a purchase in your basket it freezes that seat and you have 7 minutes to make the purchase, so gives you enough time to buy additional seats using other mates memberships so you’re all sat together. Works well 

Probably oor 4....I'll come kick yer arse B)

2 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Is there any news on tickets for the away game on Thursday.

Nothing official, just rumours it will be Pay at the Gate into the Main Stand.