freethinker

St Mirren v Dundee Utd Play Off Second Leg

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Good luck and safe travels going home to all the greetin faced Dundee Utd supporters - you get what you deserved - can't wait until we play you in the top league in two seasons time . . .well that is if you get up next year...   :ninja

On that theme, when it was getting a bit niggly around their hospitality fans at the time of the two goals, I was taking note of who was saying what, with a view to letting them know my feelings if things worked out for us in the end.

Let's just say, I did. :whistle

Shook a few hands too. Only targetted the fannies, so never let it be said.

Hope the two Dundee pondlife specimens, that got papped out of the main stand as they celebrated United's goal, enjoyed their afternoon.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

On that theme, when it was getting a bit niggly around their hospitality fans at the time of the two goals, I was taking note of who was saying what, with a view to letting them know my feelings if things worked out for us in the end.
Let's just say, I did. :whistle
Shook a few hands too. Only targetted the fannies, so never let it be said.

Yeah, I sit in M7 and it was a bit spicey when they scored and we replied, I know there was a lot at stake today for both teams but they could and should have been a bit more respectful.

36 minutes ago, pod said:

Have we set a Scottish record for the least amount of goals scored in a penalty shout out.

Would be Joint at most. I’m sure ICT and Stirling Albion played out a poor shootout in the League Cup group stage, possibly last season which ended 2-0.

Just searched that game up, it had an extra penalty miss.

8CE2E4AC-7792-4CD5-92F9-9BD2FBB200D4.png

Nerve wracking 90 minutes but, to be honest, I never thought Utd would beat us in  extra time.

When we went to penalties I thought there would only be one winner.

#

Oh how wrong was I?

Hladky to the fore.

Paul McGinn. Take that PotY trophy and pass it to our Number 1.

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by stlucifer
Mis spelling of a hero's name. SHAME ON ME

32 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

My Dad's 1977 whisky glass only comes out on very special occasions!

Dad was a grafter. I never told him as I never fully appreciated it in my youthful ignorance, but he grafted till he dropped, over twenty years ago, still in his fifties!

What wouldn't I give to have poured that dram for him and celebrated with him.

Celebrate what?

Finishing ninth out of ten? No way.

Winning a play off match? Nope.

Had we lost, I would still have been so proud of Oran and the players!

I reckon most of us would be.

Dead and buried at Christmas, I never wavered in my belief that despite Stubbs best attempts to ruin us, we would stay up!

We took it to the latest possible stage... Penalties after extra time after a play off! That's the St Mirren way.

I would have applauded them off the pitch regardless of the result, for giving hope where there was none!

I would have been far from alone there.

Why celebrate?

Those players fought tooth and nail, giving everything for the cause.

They grafted. Where they were questioned, they stood up and fought harder.

They took the blows, knocks and hurts for the team and kept nothing in reserve.

They were a team that reminded me of my Dad, and one that he would have been proud of!

Cheers!
COYS

Would a few people please go back and like this post.  It really does deserve it.  Thanks

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Would be Joint at most. I’m sure ICT and Stirling Albion played out a poor shootout in the League Cup group stage, possibly last season which ended 2-0.

Just searched that game up, it had an extra penalty miss.

8CE2E4AC-7792-4CD5-92F9-9BD2FBB200D4.png

They took 4 attempts. :wink:

I'm happy for the Duck to go, but he was magic today so fair play. Always very nervous at pens but after their first miss P McGinn's was a corker. Goalie guessed right but couldn't reach. They miss again then the enigma Popescu strolls up and top corners it, all bets off, all good in buddie land!

5 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Popescu’s penalty was outstanding. No keeper anywhere would’ve saved that

Can we set up q crowdfunding page to raise the 75k to make his deal permanent?

We will sign him. For all he was immense he was pretty ropey in the play off games, penalty apart. There will not be a queue for him and he won't be hard to deal with.

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

Hats off to the players who refused to be BEATON by some shocking and inconsistent refereeing decisions.

This was more important than a cup win - there was more at stake - the pressure on the players must have been unbearable.

Let's take the opportunity to build sensibly on the pool of players we have at present rather than follow the recent St Mirren practice of decimating the team in the close season.

And let's back Oran #keepthefaith

4 hours ago, elvis said:

This is f**king garbage by St mirren we are going to get pumped here.

This post sums up your input for the season. Keep it up uri Geller. 

Weirdly wasn't at all nervous about the game today and it took until half-time for them to kick in. By the end of extra-time I was a wreck!

Tremendous achievement considering where we were a few months ago. Some people may think it's a bit silly celebrating staying up (such as Tom English) and before today I'd probably have agreed, but I really couldn't care. When Hladky saved that final penalty it was a glorious moment.