freethinker

St Mirren v Dundee Utd Play Off Second Leg

43 minutes ago, antrin said:

First....   A wee team like the Buddies will always struggle to retain quality back room staff - witness the exodus of the JR team.  And we all understand that the silly money offered makes it impossible for those guys to stick here and not best finance their families' lives.

And the second part.... I responded facetiously yesterday afternoon about someone's post on young Ferdinand.  I was wrong - despite him probably/possibly being a yard or two too slow, he read the game so well that he created a wee time warp around hiself and the ball, that meant he was never overstretched.  It was a master class.

I am still bathing in a warm afterglow, even today.  The world's the bright place I always suspected it to be.

Considering he's nt played since January or so, Anton was absolutely first class.

He came up here away from his family and lost his place to more than one other defender and didn't throw a strop. When called upon he was fantastic and you can see from Doake's video exactly how much he enjoyed yesterday. This is the sort of professional I want to see at the club. A real class act and I hope there is a way to keep him here for another year.

Edited by oaksoft

11 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

The "magic was back" today...absolutely magnificent...to share it with my son makes it even more special....a very special day in our life's....not felt like that at a game in years....absolutely overjoyed....

Get a grip - it's only a game. 😋

A day to remember yesterday - more rewarding than any cup win. - and a day to savour for a long time to come.

What a pity then that Buddievision (which I subscribe to) can only produce a second rate product in terms of picture quality.

Instead of the original HD quality video of the BT coverage from which it was copied, we are provided with a poor pixelated recording of this special day.

Even teams in the Championship can provide a better quality product.

We are staying in the SPL for next season, so let's hope that Buddievision get their act together and provide us with something better than second rate.

33 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

IMG_3261.jpg
Thought he did really well. Cool head in the madness. Made some good headers and interceptions. A good option to bring on in that situation.
Met him with my son before the game. Absolute gentleman who I think has been a great influence in the changing room too. Cheers Anton.

I agree he did really well. I was concerned when we lost Mac but Ferdinand strolled the game. I do question his resigning though due to the lack of game time. He must have cost 4 figures per minute played.

9 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

A day to remember yesterday - more rewarding than any cup win. - and a day to savour for a long time to come.

What a pity then that Buddievision (which I subscribe to) can only produce a second rate product in terms of picture quality.

Instead of the original HD quality video of the BT coverage from which it was copied, we are provided with a poor pixelated recording of this special day.

Even teams in the Championship can provide a better quality product.

We are staying in the SPL for next season, so let's hope that Buddievision get their act together and provide us with something better than second rate.

Spot on to criticise in order to seek improvements where improvements are clearly needed.  The whole updating of the website was far too slow over the last year too.

HD quality video is easy to make - but we should be at least recording in 4k . . . Not sure what revenue it brings in, but if you set low standards, their is little reward in achieving them... :guinness

Was the actual crowd given at the game ? I know it was a sell out but I can't find what the crowd actually was, and was there any problems for fans getting into the ground/ finding others in their seat ?

3 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Was the actual crowd given at the game ? I know it was a sell out but I can't find what the crowd actually was, and was there any problems for fans getting into the ground/ finding others in their seat ?

According to the match report it was    Attendance: FULL HOUSE!  all seats sold . . .

I agree he did really well. I was concerned when we lost Mac but Ferdinand strolled the game. I do question his resigning though due to the lack of game time. He must have cost 4 figures per minute played.
His worth was a lot more than minutes played.. What's the betting he coached Jack Baird in training? Baird had the season of his life for us.

13 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
34 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

His worth was a lot more than minutes played.. What's the betting he coached Jack Baird in training? Baird had the season of his life for us.

I'm sure that his experience was vital during the run in.

When Mullen stormed off after being subbed v Motherwell, he was the one who followed him up the tunnel to try and placate him.

He was calmness personified yesterday.

37 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
59 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I'm sure you're right but it's whether it was a sensible use of our limited budget given the turnaround we needed at the time. Water under the bridge now and Baird has looked more secure recently.

48 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

According to the match report it was    Attendance: FULL HOUSE!  all seats sold . . .

I think I read the official attendance as 8023 which I believe IS a full house.

18 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

Yeah, I sit in M7 and it was a bit spicey when they scored and we replied, I know there was a lot at stake today for both teams but they could and should have been a bit more respectful.

I was unfortunate enough to be sitting directly in front of the D Utd fans from hospitality. A number of them were complete eejits.  One in particular who charmingly called a StMirren player a f*****g p********e. I was threatened twice by this particular ahole. I don't know why so many of their fans were in our hospitality. It was poor segregation. I would think if you re a guest of a club in hospitality, amongst mainly home fans,  then you should behave appropriately. They were worse than OF fans.