freethinker

St Mirren v Dundee Utd Play Off Second Leg

8 minutes ago, barrhead saint said:

That's a bit worrying. My wife queued for 3 hours for me and my sons tickets yesterday, and got told they were added to the smart card.

Its a shambles. I phoned for tickets yesterday and was told they couldn't add them to our smart cards. I was also told they don't do concessions for students and I had to pay full price for my daughter.  Got a concession for her for the away leg though. So why do United do it if St Mirren don't. Can't be feck all to do with the SFA .

Hope you did get it on your card. It would make life so much easier for me if they had done the same.

But hey ho I'm only a fan who follows them through thick n thin

Why should they care.

Well, after moaning yesterday I went online last night and managed to get a ticket for Sunday, which will be posted out. I enev got a confirmation email so I am sorted there.
Still trying to work something out for Thursday though......

Looks like Scottish football is on trial here and not just St Mirren.

From various tweets and FB posts it seems that the technology utilised by both clubs is unable to cope with the job. Don't think that's in dispute.

In addition a key member of our ticket staff was apparently rushed into hospital prior to ticket sales and their replacement was responsible for the computer glitch which started the chaos. Human error may have contributed to the cluster [email protected]@@@. I don't know if this is true but it's one of the rumours deflecting blame from the ticket office staff on duty.

All the people who use the St Mirren System have been complaining for years that it's not fit for purpose and I agree. It seems Dundee Utd fans agree theirs is also in need of upgrade.

I would suggest many smaller clubs could be thrust into similar chaos if they got involved in a similar high profile match but as every club in Scotland is in existence to participate in relegation , promotion and  tittle chasing surely the League or the SFA should have some sort of strategy to protect the fans. Once again it seems clubs have got priorities wrong putting profit before fans.

The stigma of football fans being discriminated against and treated as second class citizens is still alive and well. No other section of the leisure society would have to put up with this nonsense but we are regarded as disorderly, dangerous, in need of constant supervision and a threat to society. We are portrayed as racist, homophobic and antisocial. They will no doubt blame us for this latest ticket gate scandal claiming we're technophobes too.

To a certain extent football fans have to shoulder some of the blame for these perceptions but where's the leadership from on high. No wonder Football is in the state it's in when those in charge treat their fans like this.

Might start going to the Cricket or the opera instead.

NAW FECK THAT FOR A GAME A SOLDIERS

COYS.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
rant

So, I think there's enough cash left, at least, to buy another couple of laptops.
Probably work out after spfl take there wad of off it about £67-5 grand each.

Here's one for you some guy has said there are at least a dozen utd fans bought tickets for our home game in our ends how the f**k does that happen and will they be ejected when found in our ends.

Dundee United fan saying he queued overnight for 11 hours to get his away ticket for Sunday. 

Eventually got to the front and was told that all tickets were sold out. 

That's shite. 

He says folk were allowed to buy as many tickets as they wanted with one fan buying 50.

36 minutes ago, div said:

I put together an FAQ on the ticketing for both games in the hope it might help a few Buds out. Will keep updating as the situation progresses;

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/blog/2257-dundee-utd-tickets-faq

Good man Div. First class effort.I think I've got myself sorted for both Games now but to quote yourself'

"Let's f**king hope so because this has been so stressful! Don't get me started on the away game!"

You my friend are a true ambassador of the club. Even if you're unofficial.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
cluster Feck

15 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Hmmm. Thanks for the heads up. It's certainly got me thinking.

If we get knocked back for this game on Sunday there will two fewer season ticket holders at St Mirren next season.

Actually thinking about it the reason they couldn't add my tickets to my smartcards was because they had sold my seats to someone else so I presume they couldn't add different seats to my card. Which sort of makes sense. I'm sure you will be fine.

2 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Looks like United fans are in a similar position. Queue for tickets yesterday at Tannadice at 4.30pm

60590074_2629664583973095_535177268956233728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=e3da1f7304edf2dcd85a6a25151082fd&oe=5D5CC107

So we have cleared up that it is not just us that is in chaos - The governing body in Scotland is still in the dark ages - you would think they could do something worthwhile with their share of the takings?

Eventbrite are you interested???  

13 hours ago, thepaisleypanda said:

what about those that have already bought seats they want? STH or otherwise??

It would require people to be reasonable and think of the bigger picture rather than themselves.

Also if you get in the ground early enough you can choose your seat.

13 hours ago, codfish said:

Looking at Twitter, there’s talk that names and addresses were needed to purchase tickets (as per SFA rules) - if that’s the case, I imagine the intention is to know who’s sitting where, so no way of moving to unallocated seating.

Sounds like someone is yanking your chain here bud.

Plenty of clubs operate PATG.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It would require people to be reasonable and think of the bigger picture rather than themselves.

Also if you get in the ground early enough you can choose your seat.

Like a parent with 2 kids that arrive safe in the knowledge they have 3 seats together? :rolleyes: