Momentum and Form

2 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Living life through your own experience is always better than betting on someone else.

Will do.

When you are on your death bed (and that happens sooner than we'd like), experiences we had in our lives is the only thing we have left. Nothing else matters. A lot of people are going to die miserable and with regrets. It's a shame but it's their choice.

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

When you are on your death bed (and that happens sooner than we'd like), experiences we had in our lives is the only thing we have left. Nothing else matters. A lot of people are going to die miserable and with regrets. It's a shame but it's their choice.

Wow dark thoughts ? 

Back on topic. 

I think post split despite being unbeaten think we have been poor in most of the games. 

This was against 4 teams with nothing to play for. 

The high ball policy to Mullen and Jackson clearly doesn't work the best 2 performances have been second half v Livingston and Hamilton when we got ball down and played to the one man advantage. 

Think United will have looked at our poor recent first half performances and go all out early doors I would play Cooke and Nazon to counter that and get them defending early instead. 

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Back on topic. 

I think post split despite being unbeaten think we have been poor in most of the games. 

This was against 4 teams with nothing to play for. 

The high ball policy to Mullen and Jackson clearly doesn't work the best 2 performances have been second half v Livingston and Hamilton when we got ball down and played to the one man advantage. 

Think United will have looked at our poor recent first half performances and go all out early doors I would play Cooke and Nazon to counter that and get them defending early instead. 

Eh?

When we played Livi they were still battling for places. Only a couple of points from Motherwell.

When we played Saintees they were playing to be top of the bottom.

Motherwell were still playing for places.

Hamilton certainly had something to play for.

Even Dundee players would have wanted to finish the season at home with a win.

ETA: Cooke? Yes. With Mullen to assist. We need to keep the pace up front. The duck is as slow as F***

Edited by stlucifer

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It does beggar belief that anyone would actively sit there picking apart our recent great form looking for negative things to say. I suppose that's the character of some people.

Oaksoft I know you are a good fan I have been at last 5 games as you probably were and our form on paper yes it's great but the actual performances haven't imo being that good. 

Even the manager in his post match interviews has pretty much said the same thing. 

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Eh?

When we played Livi they were still battling for places. Only a couple of points from Motherwell.

When we played Saintees they were playing to be top of the bottom.

Motherwell were still playing for places.

Hamilton certainly had something to play for.

Even Dundee players would have wanted to finish the season at home with a win.

ETA: Cooke? Yes. With Mullen to assist. We need to keep the pace up front. The duck is as slow as F***

My point being is although moving up a higher league place is desirable to those players they really didn't have anything to REALLY play for unlike Hamilton, Dundee and ourselves. 

Dundee United players on the other hand will put every ounce of effort into the next 180 minutes, of the last 5 games only Hamilton did the same v us. 

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Oaksoft I know you are a good fan I have been at last 5 games as you probably were and our form on paper yes it's great but the actual performances haven't imo being that good. 

Even the manager in his post match interviews has pretty much said the same thing. 

Well I’ll be quite happy with another couple of equally “poor” performances if we get the same results.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well I’ll be quite happy with another couple of equally “poor” performances if we get the same results.

Exactly, performances and results are two different things pointswise 11 from 15 is brilliant but I stand by the performances could have been better. 

Scoring in the last 15 minutes of every match shows the desire is there just think nerves played their part in first 75 minutes in most of the games. 

39 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I agree but I was more talking about your comment "4 teams with nothing to play for".

What exactly is the point of that comment?

Other people are talking about "aye but we only beat them cos they were down to 10 or 9 men".

Both of these comments should be consigned to the bin.

Our players have had to deal with the pressure of being bottom or 11th pretty much for an entire season.

That has clearly been the root of our performance problems and we need to cut the boys some slack.

We have two massive games this week and nobody should be looking for excuses to put our players down.

The fact that we even have a chance of staying up and that it's completely in our own hands should be a relief and a motivator. We just don't need to be getting critical of the players right now. Let's do that after next Sunday.

41 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

My point being is although moving up a higher league place is desirable to those players they really didn't have anything to REALLY play for unlike Hamilton, Dundee and ourselves. 

Dundee United players on the other hand will put every ounce of effort into the next 180 minutes, of the last 5 games only Hamilton did the same v us. 

The players at those clubs have professional pride, their place in the team, mortgages, new contracts and careers to be playing for.

Not one of those 4 teams lay down to us. Every one of them tried to beat us. To say otherwise is simply not true.

Edited by oaksoft

40 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The players at those clubs have professional pride, their place in the team, mortgages, new contracts and careers to be playing for.

Not one of those 4 teams lay down to us. Every one of them tried to beat us. To say otherwise is simply not true.

Yet some of our support said St Johnstone did exactly that yesterday. You, as usual, fail to mention the irony in these posts, only choosing to point out posts that don't agree with your factless beliefs.

You spout the usual sound bites yet cannot see the difference between reality and negativity. 

TBH all hollow words from you. 🤭

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

The number of opposition players busting a gut not to concede and getting sent off in the process and those who left the field injured due to their efforts seems to suggest otherwise.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

39 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Yet some of our support said St Johnstone did exactly that yesterday. You, as usual, fail to mention the irony in these posts, only choosing to point out posts that don't agree with your factless beliefs.

You spout the usual sound bites yet cannot see the difference between reality and negativity. 

Exactly as Faraway has said social media, B&W Army & Pie &-Bovril literally inundated with St Mirren fans accusing St Johnstone of not trying yesterday.

I'm not saying these players didn't try of course they wanted to win but did they all try as hard as they possibly could I don't know my thoughts would be probably not. 

45 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

POT >>>>>>>> Kettle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pich Black

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

This isn't quite the time to worry about performances. The fight is there, the effort is there.

Both games against Utd will be similar in how aesthetically ugly they look but if we carry on with the dig and fight, we should be fine. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Eh?

”people” may indeed have been saying that St. Johnstone lay down, but Oaksoft didn’t , so how does that make his posts ironic?

I’m sure he disagrees with those people too.

The notion of St. Johnstone lying down yesterday is utterly farcical. Hamilton beat them fair and square, so fair play to them.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

St Johnstone have history in f**king us over so I can understand the concerns.

The damage this season was self inflicted and not helped when Jackson f**ked up that penalty at St Johnstone.

You think there’s even the slightest chance there’s some sort of weird institutionalised desire at St. Johnstone to f**k over St. Mirren that has lasted since 2001?

Come on Balfy. Didnae have you down as the conspiracy theorist. 😆

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Did you even bother to read my full post? I said the problems with our league position were self inflicted.

anyway the Perth farmers are a bunch of Tory supporting cnuts so Feck them. Alan Main is still a cheating cnut. And Darren Jackson is just a wank. Don’t even get me started on the Hearts team of the 80s or Motherwell 77.

Ha Ha. Of course i read your post Bud. I only commented on the first part coz that was the only part i disagreed with.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Exactly as Faraway has said social media, B&W Army & Pie &-Bovril literally inundated with St Mirren fans accusing St Johnstone of not trying yesterday.

I'm not saying these players didn't try of course they wanted to win but did they all try as hard as they possibly could I don't know my thoughts would be probably not. 

I couldnt give a f**k what other people are saying on social media. Not one of those people was me so I am not sure the relevance.

Never mind others opinions. You watched us play those those 4 teams. Did you personally think any of them lay down to us or played in holiday mode?

Edited by oaksoft