Momentum and Form

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Eh?

”people” may indeed have been saying that St. Johnstone lay down, but Oaksoft didn’t , so how does that make his posts ironic?

I’m sure he disagrees with those people too.

The notion of St. Johnstone lying down yesterday is utterly farcical. Hamilton beat them fair and square, so fair play to them.

Faraway seems to be in full blown nugget mode since his release from jail TBH. 

I'm sure these posts of his make sense in his own head. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Eh?

”people” may indeed have been saying that St. Johnstone lay down, but Oaksoft didn’t , so how does that make his posts ironic?

I’m sure he disagrees with those people too.

The notion of St. Johnstone lying down yesterday is utterly farcical. Hamilton beat them fair and square, so fair play to them.

I know your limited bit I'll try to explain, I was pointing out Oaky FAILED to mention the utter nonsense in other posts suggesting another team deliberately threw a game, which you agreed with. 

He tends to get focused on the poster rather than the subject.

He's a buffoon, has no connection with Paisley, has no connection with ANY other supporters and doesn't understand football. 

That's just my view, you're entitled to yours. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I couldnt give a f**k what other people are saying on social media. Not one of those people was me so I am not sure the relevance.

Never mind others opinions. You watched us play those those 4 teams. Did you personally think any of them lay down to us or played in holiday mode?

If you actually read what you quoted I answered the question already. 

Did they lay down or play in Holiday mode?

Probably not.

Did they give absolutely every last bit of fight, desire etc to win the game as we have done? 

Probably not. 

Just pointing out that United will play like we have last 5 games giving absolutely everything to win the matches and we better be ready. 

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

If you actually read what you quoted I answered the question already. 

Did they lay down or play in Holiday mode?

Probably not.

Did they give absolutely every last bit of fight, desire etc to win the game as we have done? 

Probably not. 

Just pointing out that United will play like we have last 5 games giving absolutely everything to win the matches and we better be ready. 

You were talking about St J players YESTERDAY in that post.

I was talking about when they played us.

Cool your heels dude.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

This isn't quite the time to worry about performances. The fight is there, the effort is there.

Both games against Utd will be similar in how aesthetically ugly they look but if we carry on with the dig and fight, we should be fine. 

I'm not worried just stated that despite the results the performances imo could have been better especially first half performances. 

The next 2 games will be like looking in the mirror of our last 5 games with United doing everything to win like we have we need to be ready. 

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

St Johnstone have history in f**king us over so I can understand the concerns.

The damage this season was self inflicted and not helped when Jackson f**ked up that penalty at St Johnstone.

Anyone who saw ex Accies player Brian Eastons defending at the second goal might think there was something dodgy going on.

Bit unfair to blame Jackson though, he's tried his heart out this season. A few times this season if we hadn't conceded late goals we would have got the extra point we needed.

6 hours ago, Hendo said:

Anyone who saw ex Accies player Brian Eastons defending at the second goal might think there was something dodgy going on.

Bit unfair to blame Jackson though, he's tried his heart out this season. A few times this season if we hadn't conceded late goals we would have got the extra point we needed.

In fact we could have had several more points if it weren't for Kearney's tactics costing us to lose four games we were winning in!

that said, overcome United, clean slate we start again next season in the top league. Whoever the manager is.

46 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

In fact we could have had several more points if it weren't for Kearney's tactics costing us to lose four games we were winning in!

that said, overcome United, clean slate we start again next season in the top league. Whoever the manager is.

And what games were those? I can only think of 3 games where we were ahead and lost. Killie at home 2-1, which was thanks to a very dubious decision by Douglas Ross, Livi away 3-1, where the team were shocking second half, and Hibs at home 3-1, where we should have gone 2-0 up but missed an open goal and that turned the game. Tactics didn't cost us in any of those games.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Killie game he put another forward when our midfield was being overrun, practically the same naivety cost us in all those games. He doesn't do it now, but he still persists with midgets leading the line against 6ft 4 centre backs.

“Because the height of the striker is always a contributing factor against tall centre backs.” 

Lionel Messi 5ft 7in

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Killie game he put another forward when our midfield was being overrun, practically the same naivety cost us in all those games. He doesn't do it now, but he still persists with midgets leading the line against 6ft 4 centre backs.

You are a "Broken record" on this one AND just won't listen - Why don't you put yourself in for the next Premiership vacancy - AYE with your pedigree - Ha bloody ha!

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

“Because the height of the striker is always a contributing factor against tall centre backs.” 

Lionel Messi 5ft 7in

LPM is a single minded divot. You are bang on with this^^^ Wee strikers often caused me more hassle than the taller ones... :ninja

Again back to topic. Fact is this is 2 form teams going head on and thats unique for the play offs. United really should have been closer to 1st and we should be ahead of Accies. But all that matters is the here and now. Saturday showed two things. Our new found grit under Oran and how naive we can be with one ball splitting us wide open. We were top of the bottom 6 split with 3 wins and 2 draws. Both draws were last minute saviours..... so we will go to the end. United are a threat wide and upfront. We all thought it would be a rollercoaster and so it has proved. Up to tactics players and who wants it most. I reckon that just shades it to us.... but yes i am nervous worried and at same time sort of looking forward to it.....

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Did he? I checked the report from that game. MacPherson replaced Ferdinand at half time (I presume because of injury) and after Killie scored their second goal, Smith came on for Hammill and Edwards for Willock. So where was this striker replacing a midfielder that cost us the game?

LPM in talking shite shocker.

5 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Did he? I checked the report from that game. MacPherson replaced Ferdinand at half time (I presume because of injury) and after Killie scored their second goal, Smith came on for Hammill and Edwards for Willock. So where was this striker replacing a midfielder that cost us the game?

LPM in talking shite shocker.

Thanks for confirming he replaced a centreback with an attacking midfielder, when he had at least one other centre back on the bench! Way to go Sherlock!

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thanks for confirming he replaced a centreback with an attacking midfielder, when he had at least one other centre back on the bench! Way to go Sherlock!

1. MacPherson isn't an attacking midfielder.

2. You claimed he put on a forward for a midfielder, "when our midfield was being over run".

3. I suspect you have your Killie games mixed up and you are referring to the 1-0 defeat, where we didn't take the lead but where he did replace MacPherson with Nazon. Statistics from that game show that change helped rest control back from Killie, with Saints creating five chances and having four corners in those 25 minutes. It was a game we could easily have won, but players switched off at a crucial moment.

4. If Saints own United this week as much as I've just owned you, we'll all be happy.

Just now, Hendo said:

1. MacPherson isn't an attacking midfielder.

2. You claimed he put on a forward for a midfielder, "when our midfield was being over run".

3. I suspect you have your Killie games mixed up and you are referring to the 1-0 defeat, where we didn't take the lead but where he did replace MacPherson with Nazon. Statistics from that game show that change helped rest control back from Killie, with Saints creating five chances and having four corners in those 25 minutes. It was a game we could easily have won, but players switched off at a crucial moment.

4. If Saints own United this week as much as I've just owned you, we'll all be happy.

Thanks for taking part..... look at what you could have won!

take it away boys he's shit out!

If the team shows as much fight as half the folk on here we will be fine ! We need to stop the slow starts and Utd will have noticed that and no doubt come at us from the start in front of a big noisy home backing. Got to get through the first 15-20 mins and take it from there.  I don't see any way we will play 2 up it will be a pragmatic approach to start with.

10 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Again back to topic. Fact is this is 2 form teams going head on and thats unique for the play offs. United really should have been closer to 1st and we should be ahead of Accies. But all that matters is the here and now. Saturday showed two things. Our new found grit under Oran and how naive we can be with one ball splitting us wide open. We were top of the bottom 6 split with 3 wins and 2 draws. Both draws were last minute saviours..... so we will go to the end. United are a threat wide and upfront. We all thought it would be a rollercoaster and so it has proved. Up to tactics players and who wants it most. I reckon that just shades it to us.... but yes i am nervous worried and at same time sort of looking forward to it.....

we are not an in-form team.  two good results on paper mask two very poor performances against severely weakened teams.  I also witnessed some serious lack of desire in one or two players..  Add to that, Kearny will almost certainly start with Mullen who looks knackered just now.

Will McKenzie be back? we really need him

United will have to have some rotten luck or severe indiscipline for us to prevail

Just now, beyond our ken said:

we are not an in-form team.  two good results on paper mask two very poor performances against severely weakened teams.  I also witnessed some serious lack of desire in one or two players..  Add to that, Kearny will almost certainly start with Mullen who looks knackered just now.

Will McKenzie be back? we really need him

United will have to have some rotten luck or severe indiscipline for us to prevail

Only Rangers took more points than us in the Premiership over the last six games of the season, and we only lost one of our last eight which was against the Champions.

We've not played well in every game but the one thing you absolutely cannot level at this team is having a lack of desire.

The number of late goals in that run of games is testament to that, as is coming from behind in 5 of our last 6 games to get points in every single one.