Momentum and Form

These games scream for intelligent game management, something Kearney has not shown.

first leg 4-5-1 the lone striker/target man should be Cooke, Mullen cant hold up his hand. Sit deep, pressure is on the home team to win the game, hit them on the counter with Magennis, Mcallister, Flynn and the two McGinn's more than capable of scoring. Change it perhaps in the second half if we go behind. Started with a draw, that'll do to take back to Paisley!

second leg - see what the job is first, if we are leading or drawing though... exactly the same 4-5-1 until we need to score to level.

22 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

we are not an in-form team.  two good results on paper mask two very poor performances against severely weakened teams.  I also witnessed some serious lack of desire in one or two players..  Add to that, Kearny will almost certainly start with Mullen who looks knackered just now.

Will McKenzie be back? we really need him

United will have to have some rotten luck or severe indiscipline for us to prevail

11 points in 5 games - is Form..................

Its about the result, you want silky support Man City

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thanks for confirming he replaced a centreback with an attacking midfielder, when he had at least one other centre back on the bench! Way to go Sherlock!

So not a forward then.

And as Hendo pointed out, not an attacking midfielder either.

You've had your arse handed to you.

Have the good grace to concede.

1 hour ago, div said:

Only Rangers took more points than us in the Premiership over the last six games of the season, and we only lost one of our last eight which was against the Champions.

We've not played well in every game but the one thing you absolutely cannot level at this team is having a lack of desire.

The number of late goals in that run of games is testament to that, as is coming from behind in 5 of our last 6 games to get points in every single one.

Not quite a fair comparison with Rangers as we played the 5 diddy teams but it is fair to have confidence as I'd say 4 of these teams are a better standard than Dundee United have played. 

Overall I see the playoffs as fairly even. A small bit of luck to either team could be the difference. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

So not a forward then.

And as Hendo pointed out, not an attacking midfielder either.

You've had your arse handed to you.

Have the good grace to concede.

So you think Kearney made the right call replacing a centreback with a midfielder when we were winning and Killie were getting on top of us???

i love it when all you guys can pick up on is something so irrelevant it makes you look silly trying to get a win out of it.

the fact stands, he made a very naive choice that cost us three points. Just think about that, because if he,d replaced like for like we would probably be secure in the premiership today. Thats how big, and potentially, hugely costly an error it was. And that was just ONE game!

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So you think Kearney made the right call replacing a centreback with a midfielder when we were winning and Killie were getting on top of us???

Nope I'm saying you made an arse of yourself when you insisted he brought on a forward instead of a midfielder.

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Nope I'm saying you made an arse of yourself when you insisted he brought on a forward instead of a midfielder.

No ŵorries i accept your grudging admission. Anyone else think Kearney got it right by swapping McPhearson for Ferdinand, when we were winning but under the cosh?

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No ŵorries i accept your grudging admission. Anyone else think Kearney got it right by swapping McPhearson for Ferdinand, when we were winning but under the cosh?

One minute you were hammering Oran because he brought on a striker.

You then said it wasn't a striker but an attacking midfielder.

Now having been shown that you were wrong on both cases you are accepting he brought on a regular midfielder but are still claiming to have been correct all along.

You're some boy LPM. 😀

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Killie game he put another forward when our midfield was being overrun, practically the same naivety cost us in all those games. He doesn't do it now, but he still persists with midgets leading the line against 6ft 4 centre backs.

So as per your post above you wrongly claim he brought on a striker for a defender because as you rightly say our midfield was being over-run. Hendo claimed your arse on that one but you won't concede.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Anyone else think Kearney got it right by swapping McPhearson for Ferdinand, when we were winning but under the cosh?

But here you are now finally accepting he brought on a midfielder but that boosting the midfield was the WRONG thing to do?

You know I'm beginning to think you are just trolling for bites on this forum because you can't be this stupid.

Edited by oaksoft

4 hours ago, Hendo said:

Did he? I checked the report from that game. MacPherson replaced Ferdinand at half time (I presume because of injury) and after Killie scored their second goal, Smith came on for Hammill and Edwards for Willock. So where was this striker replacing a midfielder that cost us the game?

LPM in talking shite shocker.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thanks for confirming he replaced a centreback with an attacking midfielder, when he had at least one other centre back on the bench! Way to go Sherlock!

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

1. MacPherson isn't an attacking midfielder.

2. You claimed he put on a forward for a midfielder, "when our midfield was being over run".

3. I suspect you have your Killie games mixed up and you are referring to the 1-0 defeat, where we didn't take the lead but where he did replace MacPherson with Nazon. Statistics from that game show that change helped rest control back from Killie, with Saints creating five chances and having four corners in those 25 minutes. It was a game we could easily have won, but players switched off at a crucial moment.

4. If Saints own United this week as much as I've just owned you, we'll all be happy.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thanks for taking part..... look at what you could have won!

take it away boys he's shit out!

In case you were in any doubt, this is why you are regarded by most on here as an unbearable tool.

Every one of us are guilty of posting ill informed shite on here from time to time, but most of us have the good grace to admit when we are wrong.

You have never mastered that art.

8 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
15 hours ago, Hendo said:

Anyone who saw ex Accies player Brian Eastons defending at the second goal might think there was something dodgy going on.

Bit unfair to blame Jackson though, he's tried his heart out this season. A few times this season if we hadn't conceded late goals we would have got the extra point we needed.

In fact we could have had several more points if it weren't for Kearney's tactics costing us to lose four games we were winning in!

that said, overcome United, clean slate we start again next season in the top league. Whoever the manager is.

My feeling is if the manager was your Da you would still be spouting the usual ...........        i'll leave it there.  😎

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:
7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Killie game he put another forward when our midfield was being overrun, practically the same naivety cost us in all those games. He doesn't do it now, but he still persists with midgets leading the line against 6ft 4 centre backs.

So as per your post above you wrongly claim he brought on a striker for a defender because as you rightly say our midfield was being over-run. Hendo claimed your arse on that one but you won't concede.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Anyone else think Kearney got it right by swapping McPhearson for Ferdinand, when we were winning but under the cosh?

But here you are now finally accepting he brought on a midfielder but that boosting the midfield was the WRONG thing to do?

You know I'm beginning to think you are just trolling for bites on this forum because you can't be this stupid.

Edited 2 hours ago by oaksoft

Oh yes he can..............and proves it consistantly.  😎😎

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

These games scream for intelligent game management, something Kearney has not shown.

first leg 4-5-1 the lone striker/target man should be Cooke, Mullen cant hold up his hand. Sit deep, pressure is on the home team to win the game, hit them on the counter with Magennis, Mcallister, Flynn and the two McGinn's more than capable of scoring. Change it perhaps in the second half if we go behind. Started with a draw, that'll do to take back to Paisley!

second leg - see what the job is first, if we are leading or drawing though... exactly the same 4-5-1 until we need to score to level.

Go on then - tell us YOUR definition of " intelligent game management" because we all wish you were our manager and not Oran RIGHT? Ha bloody Ha  :hammer

I 'd bet Oran reads this and follows YOUR EXPERTISE - NOT :moony2

10 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

we are not an in-form team.  two good results on paper mask two very poor performances against severely weakened teams.  I also witnessed some serious lack of desire in one or two players..  Add to that, Kearny will almost certainly start with Mullen who looks knackered just now.

Will McKenzie be back? we really need him

United will have to have some rotten luck or severe indiscipline for us to prevail

Heard that MacK may be back but likely to be on the Bench as Bairdy is full fit and faster...

Utd are not better than us - we need to believe and produce... the prize is very big indeed for every player...and the Management team.

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Pretty much how I see it , maybe even have a planned change for the last fifteen minutes just to try something different .

Give OK a call I’m sure he’ll be happy with your help with the tactics [emoji6]

50 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Heard that MacK may be back but likely to be on the Bench as Bairdy is full fit and faster...

Utd are not better than us - we need to believe and produce... the prize is very big indeed for every player...and the Management team.

You know this how?

If your inane dribble was to be believed we'd have been top three.

Keep clapping, your overjoyed we're the 2nd worst team in the league. 

We wouldn't be in this position if Jackson had t made a hash of penalty x
Crap.
He could have scored and we still lose!

We could have defeated the Dons at Pitoddrie. Accies did.

We SHOULD have won in Hamilton. We dropped two points! Killer.

To blame one missed penalty is short sighted in the extreme.

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:
6 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

You know this how?

If your inane dribble was to be believed we'd have been top three.

Keep clapping, your overjoyed we're the 2nd worst team in the league. 

And YOU dear sir without a doubt are the most miserable misbegotten git I have ever encountered and believe you me I have met some in the past, with supporters like you we have no need of enemies . 😎