Momentum and Form

17 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In case you were in any doubt, this is why you are regarded by most on here as an unbearable tool.

Every one of us are guilty of posting ill informed shite on here from time to time, but most of us have the good grace to admit when we are wrong.

You have never mastered that art.

What a thoroughly pointless post, which the usual hard man insult lobbied in. Well done sir, very well done.

unfortunately it still doesnt detract from the point that Kearney's naivety has seen us lose games from winning positions. If he'd got it right in only one of those, then he would have saved his bosses from the shit storm of a ticketing shambles they are mired in!

8 hours ago, fan4ever said:

We wouldn't be in this position if Jackson had t made a hash of penalty x

Like i said elsewhere, if Kearney had got his tactics right in just one of the games we were winning in, but lost, then his bosses wouldnt be currently up to their ears in the shit slide that is the ticketing shambles

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What a thoroughly pointless post, which the usual hard man insult lobbied in. Well done sir, very well done.

unfortunately it still doesnt detract from the point that Kearney's naivety has seen us lose games from winning positions. If he'd got it right in only one of those, then he would have saved his bosses from the shit storm of a ticketing shambles they are mired in!

Hard man 🤣

This from the guy with the history of making thinly veiled threats of physical violence. Priceless.

Anyway, back in the point of my post, just to clear it up then, you were talking shite and now finally admit that. Does that about cover it? 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hard man 🤣

This from the guy with the history of making thinly veiled threats of physical violence. Priceless.

Anyway, back in the point of my post, just to clear it up then, you were talking shite and now finally admit that. Does that about cover it? 

Never made a threat on here in my puff!

have asked one or two if they would repeat what they posted to my face, no takers. Even offered to facilitate that over a pint. 

People (moi incl) make massive assumptions, and are happy to join in attacking someone online they think the majority are against. The reality is usually its four other blokes who agree, and theres no way on earth they are ever going to front up their opinion in person. Cut the personal stuff, debate, make your point, or just ignore it if you think its daft. We all actually want the same thing, its ok to not agree all the time how we might achieve that.

still doesnt alter the fact Kearney cost us points lol.

36 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Never made a threat on here in my puff!

have asked one or two if they would repeat what they posted to my face, no takers. Even offered to facilitate that over a pint. 

People (moi incl) make massive assumptions, and are happy to join in attacking someone online they think the majority are against. The reality is usually its four other blokes who agree, and theres no way on earth they are ever going to front up their opinion in person. Cut the personal stuff, debate, make your point, or just ignore it if you think its daft. We all actually want the same thing, its ok to not agree all the time how we might achieve that.

still doesnt alter the fact Kearney cost us points lol.

I will happily debate anything with someone who has the ability to admit they were wrong.

Why can’t you just unequivocally admit you made an arse of the facts on this point and we can happily move on.

As for 4 posters who think you talk shite.  🤣

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I will happily debate anything with someone who has the ability to admit they were wrong.

Why can’t you just unequivocally admit you made an arse of the facts on this point and we can happily move on.

As for 4 posters who think you talk shite.  🤣

Swapping a centreback with a midfielder when we were winning, and under the cosh.... I'll admit thats wrong.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Swapping a centreback with a midfielder when we were winning, and under the cosh.... I'll admit thats wrong.

But crucially that’s not what you said is it.

Just can’t bear it can you. 

A wee tip. If you are incapable of admitting you are wrong, make sure you research your posts before you make them.

Otherwise, be like us normal people and put your hands up when you make an arse of it. 

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

But crucially that’s not what you said is it.

Just can’t bear it can you. 

A wee tip. If you are incapable of admitting you are wrong, make sure you research your posts before you make them.

Otherwise, be like us normal people and put your hands up when you make an arse of it. 

IMG_1804.JPG

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye an a coo farted on the moon

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:32 AM, Lord Pityme said:

These games scream for intelligent game management, something Kearney has not shown.

first leg 4-5-1 the lone striker/target man should be Cooke, Mullen cant hold up his hand. Sit deep, pressure is on the home team to win the game, hit them on the counter with Magennis, Mcallister, Flynn and the two McGinn's more than capable of scoring. Change it perhaps in the second half if we go behind. Started with a draw, that'll do to take back to Paisley!

second leg - see what the job is first, if we are leading or drawing though... exactly the same 4-5-1 until we need to score to level.

I would play the opposite. Get on top of them from the off, shut their fans up and get an away win. There are no 'away goals count double' so we need to bang them in and give them a royal hammering

10 minutes ago, Desnold said:

I would play the opposite. Get on top of them from the off, shut their fans up and get an away win. There are no 'away goals count double' so we need to bang them in and give them a royal hammering

OH but wait a minute - do you understand LPM's INTELLIGENT GAME MANAGEMENT, which he knows all about even though Oran doesn't?

You should ask him - it'll give you a good laugh no doubt . . .

16 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

OH but wait a minute - do you understand LPM's INTELLIGENT GAME MANAGEMENT, which he knows all about even though Oran doesn't?

You should ask him - it'll give you a good laugh no doubt . . .

Coming from a guy without a f**king clue about football that's rich...you keep happy clapping and writing posts you don't believe are true just so you can get likes...very sad individual....

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, Lord Pityme said:

So you think Kearney made the right call replacing a centreback with a midfielder when we were winning and Killie were getting on top of us???

i love it when all you guys can pick up on is something so irrelevant it makes you look silly trying to get a win out of it.

the fact stands, he made a very naive choice that cost us three points. Just think about that, because if he,d replaced like for like we would probably be secure in the premiership today. Thats how big, and potentially, hugely costly an error it was. And that was just ONE game!

Didn't you suggest he took a midfielder off and put a forward on which lost us the midfield?

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:04 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Killie game he put another forward when our midfield was being overrun, practically the same naivety cost us in all those games. He doesn't do it now, but he still persists with midgets leading the line against 6ft 4 centre backs.

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Sorry if I'm wrong but you've flipped so many times you've got me in a spin.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No your just plain wrrong.

Not too far off the mark as far as I can see.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:18 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Like i said elsewhere, if Kearney had got his tactics right in just one of the games we were winning in, but lost, then his bosses wouldnt be currently up to their ears in the shit slide that is the ticketing shambles

Football is a game about opinions and for what it’s worth here’s mine.

I question the idea that Oran is tactically naive.

He has a game plan and in his early days his substitutions (when they were made) were largely ineffective. This led to some questioning his ability and comparing his points rate to that of Stubbs. I think the problem here was.

Most of the players he inherited were crap. It’s easy to spot crap players on the field but when all you have on the bench are players who are even more crap. (Or more Crapper). It may just have come down to fitness. No point in being tactical just get fresh legs on.

Alan Stubbs left us with an unfit team and a captain who needed shorts two sizes bigger than the season before because of ballooning arse syndrome. It’s hard to play quality football when you’re a Fat Bassa. Ask Mike Yardley.

Since Oran has got the team fitter, Top Bin being a classic example of how a manager makes a difference, and he has made signings that offer more depth and option his substitutions have been much more effective.

Like most good managers when you have good players you can make a difference. The argument that he is a bad manager because he couldn’t motivate a bunch of unfit duds is unfair.

In the tactical battle between Neilston (who rejected us) and Oran my money is on Oran.

Robbie has been playing his season in a lesser league with the best players in his division and superior budget. He failed to win the league. His team have grabbed a lifeline and they will be up for it but will they be good enough. I don’t think so.

Oran has been playing most of the season with arguably the worst players in the top league but kept our survival hopes alive. He now has much better players. He’s racking up the points and we’re winning by fighting and scrambling for every point. We are a much bigger, stronger, fitter  and more balanced team than we were the last time we met them, and Oran knows his players much better now.

Neilston has a 60% win Ratio with United and Oran has a 22% win rate with Saints but you can’t compare apples and oranges.

I think we will see the best of Oran over these two games.

“The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” 

Cody Cooke wasn’t a bad substitution

Edited by East Lothian Saint